Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 20-01-2017, 04:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSar
The old concept of twin flames is that of yin and yang, not this love junk, that is a disillusionment of modern times. But, go ahead keep looking for that so called "twin flame" you will never find them. All you will find is obsession and misery, as the concept of twin flames is simply miss placed desire. If you use desire correctly, you can become anything in this world, but you have to let it do what it has to do, and let such false paradigms as love fade away.

^ I agree .
Old 20-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
Someone here posted something about the twin flame/soul belief being created on the internet. I found some references years ago, some being over a hundred years old that discuss twin souls. Obviously, this concept is very old. Also, consider the fact the it appears to be discussed in Plato's Symposium.

The Theosophist, Volume 20
1899 page 437
http://tinyurl.com/hxt26mf

The Escoteric Vol. 7
1893-1894 page 314
http://tinyurl.com/gqadxh9

It was me who pointed out the connection to the theosophists and Blavatsky who's outpourings are now considered to be highly questionable.

She did good for the occult but spoiled it with a lot of factoids, much of which is now considered fraudulent.

Some people still believe the earth is flat. Fine if they want to believe that.

It's the kind of thing that needs examination. Surely people here aren't going to accept all they're told on face value. That will lead to disappointment which you do see here often.

Treat theosophist stuff with caution.

It's like this: you buy a used car without trying it out, without even looking under the bonnet or the state of the tyres. You just accept what the salesman tells you as gospel
It breaks down a mile down the road. Are you going to blame the car? The salesman - for your gullibility.

Old 21-01-2017, 01:44 AM
Knower

Can somebody explain what did Blavatsky wrote about TF, please.
Her work is huge and her writing style is beyond my comprehension, so if anybody can simplifying it and explain to me what did she wrote about TF I would be grateful :)

Reason Im interested in her view on TF is kinda silly, but back in the high school I had this fried who talked about Blavatsky's book all the time, his mom was heavily into Blavatsky's teachings so he used to talk about it a lot.
He used to offer to brow me Blavatsky's book to read it, but back then I thought this stuff is kinda silly.
If only I knew many years later I will find Blavatsky's name while reaching TF.....
If only I knew...
Old 16-02-2017, 02:27 AM
Knower

So Im watching this video,
and as the origin of knowledge on TF it's been mentioned
"I AM" Movement and Guy Ballard (1878–1939) and the Saint Germain Foundation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22I_AM%22_Activity
by just reading this wiki page, they have teachings about violet flame and all sorts of stuff.

If anyone is interested, just wanted to share, never heard of this movement before
Old 27-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Master
References to ancient twin soul teachings here
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/ar...hp?t-5574.html

The Sufis on Twin Souls
http://belovedtwinsoul.blogspot.com/...win-souls.html

https://books.google.com/books?id=a5...ouls&f=fa lse

http://thewomenwarriors.net/phpbb2/v...=asc&start =0
Old 27-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSar
The old concept of twin flames is that of yin and yang, not this love junk, that is a disillusionment of modern times. But, go ahead keep looking for that so called "twin flame" you will never find them. All you will find is obsession and misery, as the concept of twin flames is simply miss placed desire. If you use desire correctly, you can become anything in this world, but you have to let it do what it has to do, and let such false paradigms as love fade away.
Couldn't disagree more.
The fact that this applies to a great many desperate people who talk about TFs doesn't render it nonsense.
If you're tapped in, tuned in and turned on and understand the whole concept separate from the sob stories people post, the concept makes perfect sense. And no, it's not about romance and love stories only. People who are with their TF never claim this either...
There's a big difference between understanding what it is and what it means and what 99% of ppl post about it. These two are worlds apart, haven't got anything to do with each other.

It's not unlike most people claiming to have a native American Indian for a guide and a wolf for a totem animal.
Exactly the same nonsense, based on ego and status, because it looks impressive. That doesn't render the concept and existence of guides and totem animals nonsense though.

It just depends where you put your ear to the ground. And if you base your opinion on the sob stories that are NOT about TFs, and have not (yet) experienced it yourself, and have not (yet) really understood the full concept of what it is really about, then yes, it sounds like nonsense. Because you're listening to the wrong source and not to Source...

Oh and where you go wrong to begin with in your story -prolly based on the faulty stuff you listened to- is that people who have actually met their TF, went looking for their TF.
You do not go looking for them. You meet them when you are ready for such a high vibrational connection, typically it happens out of the blue.
The ones that do indeed go looking for them, are mostly desperate, looking for the ultimate romance thing. Which isn't what it is about at all. But that still doesn't make TFs nonsense.

Old 31-03-2017, 12:05 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Couldn't disagree more.
The fact that this applies to a great many desperate people who talk about TFs doesn't render it nonsense.
If you're tapped in, tuned in and turned on and understand the whole concept separate from the sob stories people post, the concept makes perfect sense. And no, it's not about romance and love stories only. People who are with their TF never claim this either...
There's a big difference between understanding what it is and what it means and what 99% of ppl post about it. These two are worlds apart, haven't got anything to do with each other.

It's not unlike most people claiming to have a native American Indian for a guide and a wolf for a totem animal.
Exactly the same nonsense, based on ego and status, because it looks impressive. That doesn't render the concept and existence of guides and totem animals nonsense though.

It just depends where you put your ear to the ground. And if you base your opinion on the sob stories that are NOT about TFs, and have not (yet) experienced it yourself, and have not (yet) really understood the full concept of what it is really about, then yes, it sounds like nonsense. Because you're listening to the wrong source and not to Source...

Oh and where you go wrong to begin with in your story -prolly based on the faulty stuff you listened to- is that people who have actually met their TF, went looking for their TF.
You do not go looking for them. You meet them when you are ready for such a high vibrational connection, typically it happens out of the blue.
The ones that do indeed go looking for them, are mostly desperate, looking for the ultimate romance thing. Which isn't what it is about at all. But that still doesn't make TFs nonsense.

And yet they all end the same way, interesting how that seems to happen...
Old 31-03-2017, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissful
Does Age really matter on this?? I think its a tale as old as time and we were truly created in pairs by God.

IMHO There is no point in analysing it to bits unless you've experienced it and then you would know that the only answers out there are to be found deep within your self.

Love that, Bliss.

Yes those of us catapulted on the path of awakening by True Love know the answers are not found in books or in the words of a teacher. They are found within ourselves.

What makes you so sure that we are created in perfect pairs out of curiosity?

I realize that NOT KNOWING conceptually what my connection is to this person doesn't make what I experienced any less beautiful or real. Best wishes to you.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Master
Greek philosopher Aristotle’s idea of love as single soul inhabiting two bodies & modern idea
http://wowchasers.com/greek-philosop...s-modern-idea/
Old 17-05-2017, 12:25 AM
Master
The Esoteric
1893-1894
Symbolism of Capricorn
pages 312-318

https://od.lk/d/OV8xMjc5MDAyMDRf/The...mCapricorn.pdf

Starting at the bottom of page 313
for each one who lives this holy life will meet, "sometime, somewhere," the soul which is its twin, and in whose presence all that is of earth, earthy, must dissolve like mist before the sun.
It is said by "those who know," that when this experience comes it is so different from "attraction," and from the desires and expectations of the human nature, that its origin is unmistakably divine; that if the soul be left free to work, through the stilling of all sense imaginings, it will instruct the mind in such a way as to leave no shadow of doubt as to the truth and reality of union; for the twain are one as literally as the Siamese twins were one, the cord of union connecting heart to heart -- of the soul -- as perceptibly as the ligaments connected the physical bodies of these twins, forming a means for intercirculation of thought and sensation......