Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-04-2022, 08:43 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Who Are You? Using Self-Inquiry To Wake Up (w/ Dr. Angelo DiLullo)

Great discussion on Dr. Damania's channel.

https://youtu.be/KMdzV19pyQs

Awakening from the dream of separation and suffering may be as simple as looking for WHO is trying to wake up. Who ARE you? Using self-inquiry to unlock your true identity.
Old 16-04-2022, 12:03 AM
I luv it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-04-2022, 06:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Great discussion on Dr. Damania's channel.
https://youtu.be/KMdzV19pyQs
Awakening from the dream of separation and suffering may be as simple as looking for WHO is trying to wake up. \
I listened to just over 10 minutes of it.
One thing the guy does is criticise meditation in his first breathe and
then he qualifies it. I don't agree with this anymore as I wouldn't see
meditation as a comfortable place for the ego as he suggests
Sounds a bit like old wine in new bottles too. But not a bad interview,
albeit somewhat funny in the way he speaks about 'hacking the ego down'
a bit Hollywoodish isn't it ? We see this alot atm in our world ..the good guy
must defeat the bad guy ...yawn !!!!!

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 18-04-2022 at 08:19 PM. Reason: 3 sentences tops when quoting.
Old 16-04-2022, 11:27 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I listened to just over 10 minutes of it.
One thing the guy does is criticise meditation in his first breathe and
then he qualifies it.
But not a bad interview, albeit somewhat funny in the way he speaks about 'hacking the ego down' a bit Hollywoodish isn't it?
I found ZDoggMD's channel early on in the pandemic searching for info. He puts out some decent medical content. He recently did a 6 day silent retreat and then this appeared yesterday in suggested videos and I checked it out. An awakening discussion between two MDs so yeah, at times it's not in the usual language. LOL!

What really struck me is how what Dr. DiLullo describes maps onto my experience.

Hmm, that video is part of a series and here's the introductory video. What Is Awakening? | Awakening, Explained Ep. 1 (w/Dr. Angelo DiLullo) https://youtu.be/CLtDXk35AWY

A quote from ZDoggMD right off the bat at about the 1 minute mark: "There's nothing woo about Awakening".
Old 17-04-2022, 08:08 AM
Master

Quote:
I found ZDoggMD's channel early on in the pandemic searching for info. He puts out some decent medical content. He recently did a 6 day silent retreat and then this appeared yesterday in suggested videos and I checked it out.
Listened to a bit more of the interview, thanks for sharing btw. It's
a good explanation. There is always something reassuring about MDs sharing
this stuff Well I found that is the case with myself. The Buddha is
often described as a physician so there might be something in it. Here is another Teacher
who is a Doctor in the Uk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGO7etybJc, This clip
I chose randomly but he has some good stuff (medicine perhap) lol. Have a nice holiday. :)

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 18-04-2022 at 08:21 PM. Reason: 3 sentences tops when quoting.
Old 17-04-2022, 11:42 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
One thing the guy does is criticise meditation in his first breathe and then he qualifies it.
What he's criticising is ego as meditation, that's the difference. Meditation and ego as meditation are two very different beasties.
Old 17-04-2022, 01:43 PM
Master
I'm really critical, but this fellow withstands my critique, which is rare. I also found both of them to be very likable and wish I could have coffee in the morning with them, too.
Old 17-04-2022, 06:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What he's criticising is ego as meditation, that's the difference. Meditation and ego as meditation are two very different beasties.
He said something like the meditation supports the ego, like the ego
likes the relaxation and sense of ease. It's kind of an unusual idea one
you don't hear so often, well not in the way he worded it. But why would
the ego want to watch the breathe all day ? Surely it has better things
to be doing, winning wars and arguments and telling the world they seem
to be missing something ? That is my point.The ego doesn't like meditation.

Old 17-04-2022, 08:56 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
But why would the ego want to watch the breathe all day ? Surely it has better things to be doing, winning wars and arguments and telling the world they seem
to be missing something ?
If it's a choice between being relevant in a kinder and gentler way vs. not being relevant then the ego will adjust out of necessity. He's probably talking about the observer trap. Doership.

https://deconstructingyourself.com/e...rver-trap.html

For example, spiritual philosopher Ken Wilber tells the story of his first awakening. It happened at a Zen retreat, in which he was in a deep state of observing his own experience. The Zen master said to him, “The [observer] is the last stand of the ego.”

This is where effortless meditation can come in handy.

https://deconstructingyourself.com/d...editation.html

Even though the meditation is called Do Nothing, you’re actually doing a little tiny bit of something: you’re paying attention to the feeling of doing something. ... You’re simply noticing when you feel that you’re doing something and letting go of that.
Old 18-04-2022, 08:36 AM
Master

Quote:
If it's a choice between being relevant in a kinder and gentler way vs. not being relevant then the ego will adjust out of necessity. He's probably talking about the observer trap. Doership.
[/color][/i]

Thanks for sharing, really nice articles which i'll have a read through. For
now i'll stick to my point and say the Ego doesn't like meditation.
The image of a car came to mind not sure if it's helpful here though. Effortless
meditation sounds like free wheeling but the car needed wheels to begin with
it needed combustion or some kind of force or a driver. Ramana said it was the thorn
to remove the thorn. And my point is the Ego don't like it.