Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-10-2020, 04:56 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Thanks for the links JL.

God is everything as everything remains for us to discover.

Jesus resurrected from the dead!

Let's not forget that most important detail, kinda sets him apart as some would say, the New Adam.

Every Beginning has an end here, but to be resurrected puts the end, our end to rest! Death no more

"( Holy, Holy, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our deaths Amen)"

A monastic prayer the Monks would chant during the evening hours.

And my Family would recite it after the evening rosery sessions when I was so young...

What's truly going to happen, God's plan will unfold before us perhaps, and then we will know.

I don't subscribe to one religion having sole dominion over Truth or God. There have been Avatars, Mystics and Truth Bearers of all creed and manner. Belief systems are the most entrenched viruses in this world, and people will die for theirs, and many will maim others in the name of it. I recall Christianity posits that God is omnipotent, omnipresent, everything is under His Control, and everything is foreseen by Him; and yet many modern evangelicals can't reconcile this in their daily lives when faced with what they don't like. I am thinking of America in particular and what I see there. But a God that is everywhere and with everyone is One that is not limited by creed, belief, limitation or sect. That is my personal opinion.

JL
Old 27-10-2020, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I don't subscribe to one religion having sole dominion over Truth or God. There have been Avatars, Mystics and Truth Bearers of all creed and manner. Belief systems are the most entrenched viruses in this world, and people will die for theirs, and many will maim others in the name of it. I recall Christianity posits that God is omnipotent, omnipresent, everything is under His Control, and everything is foreseen by Him; and yet many modern evangelicals can't reconcile this in their daily lives when faced with what they don't like. I am thinking of America in particular and what I see there. But a God that is everywhere and with everyone is One that is not limited by creed, belief, limitation or sect. That is my personal opinion.

JL

' That is my personal opinion. '

And it's a wise opinion
Old 27-10-2020, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Whoa, what a link!
"Jacob Boehme has to be termed the greatest of Christian gnostics."

I didn't know this! I'm going back to read the entire thing!
Thanks....right up my alley of interests.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-10-2020, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I don't subscribe to one religion having sole dominion over Truth or God. There have been Avatars, Mystics and Truth Bearers of all creed and manner. Belief systems are the most entrenched viruses in this world, and people will die for theirs, and many will maim others in the name of it. I recall Christianity posits that God is omnipotent, omnipresent, everything is under His control, and everything is foreseen by Him; and yet many modern evangelicals can't reconcile this in their daily lives when faced with what they don't like. I am thinking of America in particular and what I see there. But a God that is everywhere and with everyone is One that is not limited by creed, belief, limitation or sect. That is my personal opinion.

JL

That's fine, you have a view.

I think the lines blur and if you look at belief systems you do see some similarities, but ultimately they are not all the same. Having a Christian upbringing and having been a Trappist Monk for a year and a bit I was Roman Catholic then, and I also was Orthodox for a time because I like their theology. I had Orthodox monks who were my friends, and I enjoyed their company a great deal. Right now I don't go to any church because I find dogma to be stifling, but I still remain faithful to the fundamentals of Christianity, I have experienced Christ consciousness. It is very profound but you need to be a Christian and have a prayer life, which I do. I was a monk, I gave up everything for a year because I loved Jesus that much, and I had some very profound mystical experiences, but it wasn't for me.

I am slightly Autistic and it was a bit of an issue for me. Not the monastic life which I loved and routines are what I crave, but the monks felt it would be better for me to remain in the world and I agreed. I need social interaction to grow. My son is Autistic and much deeper into the spectrum and here I am with him now. I love him a great deal!!

I like Buddhist views, it's great wisdom and Buddhist monks are not so unlike Christian cloistered monks, you know seeing past the ego-self, but it's not Christianity. I have faith in Christ, and I believe I have a soul and obviously a body.

Jesus resurrected, that's all I need to know, and the deal with that is one day perhaps my body will be resurrected too along with my soul.

There is nothing to argue about you won't change my views and I will not change yours but we can share our spiritual passions right, peace be with on your paths.

Anyway, I enjoy reading the Gnostic Bible, and views. It's right on in some ways, this transformation into Christ consiousness, mystically. Paradise is mystical!

Last edited by Nowayout : 28-10-2020 at 02:20 AM.
Old 28-10-2020, 08:07 AM
Master
Quote:

I think the lines blur and if you look at belief systems you do see some similarities, but ultimately they are not all the same. Having a Christian upbringing and having been a Trappist Monk for a year and a bit I was Roman Catholic then, and I also was Orthodox for a time because I like their theology. I had Orthodox monks who were my friends, and I enjoyed their company a great deal. Right now I don't go to any church because I find dogma to be stifling, but I still remain faithful to the fundamentals of Christianity, I have experienced Christ consciousness. It is very profound but you need to be a Christian and have a prayer life, which I do. I was a monk, I gave up everything for a year because I loved Jesus that much, and I had some very profound mystical experiences, but it wasn't for me.

I am slightly Autistic and it was a bit of an issue for me. Not the monastic life which I loved and routines are what I crave, but the monks felt it would be better for me to remain in the world and I agreed. I need social interaction to grow. My son is Autistic and much deeper into the spectrum and here I am with him now. I love him a great deal!!

I like Buddhist views, it's great wisdom and Buddhist monks are not so unlike Christian cloistered monks, you know seeing past the ego-self, but it's not Christianity. I have faith in Christ, and I believe I have a soul and obviously a body.

Jesus resurrected, that's all I need to know, and the deal with that is one day perhaps my body will be resurrected too along with my soul.

There is nothing to argue about you won't change my views and I will not change yours but we can share our spiritual passions right, peace be with on your paths.

Anyway, I enjoy reading the Gnostic Bible, and views. It's right on in some ways, this transformation into Christ consiousness, mystically. Paradise is mystical!

' I have experienced Christ consciousness. It is very profound but you need to be a Christian and have a prayer life '

I think Christ consciousness is available to all not just Christians and praying is just one of many tools available but not necessarily needed.
Old 28-10-2020, 12:35 PM
ImthatIm

A snippet from:
The Confessions of Jacob Boehme,
by Jacob Boehme, ed. W. Scott Palmer [1920]

Quote:
The Spirit of God suffers not itself to be tied or bound up, as outward reason supposes,
with decrees, canons and councils, whereby always one chain of Antichrist is linked to another
so that men come to judge about God's Spirit, and to hold their own conceits or opinions to be God's covenant,
as if God was not at home in this world, or as if they were Gods upon earth.

Another snippet from the same aforementioned source:

Quote:
When thou standest still from the thinking of self and the willing of self; when both thy intellect
and thy will are quiet, and passive to the impress of the eternal Word and Spirit; and when thy soul
is winged up above that which is temporal, the outward senses and the imagination
being locked up in holy abstraction,then the eternal hearing, seeing, and speaking will be revealed in thee.
So God heareth and seeth through thee who art now the organ of his Spirit;
so God speaketh in thee and whispereth to thy spirit, and thy spirit heareth his voice.
Old 28-10-2020, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' I have experienced Christ consciousness. It is very profound but you need to be a Christian and have a prayer life '

I think Christ consciousness is available to all not just Christians and praying is just one of many tools available but not necessarily needed.
Well, one can call it Krishna Consciousness or Cosmic Consciousness, yes.
(And they/we do! Also, an STE -a Spiritually Transforming or Transcendent Exp. )
And it can come over you in an instant and last a minute or a
many many hours! Oh my!

Whether William Blake was a Christian or had a prayer life - I do not know, but his exp of a Higher
altered state of mind allowed him to say:

To see a world in a grain of sand ---you know the one...
and a heaven on a wild flower...

My take: There is no limit, skin color, age or religion that can stop Grace when it
is time to fall upon you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-10-2020, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, one can call it Krishna Consciousness or Cosmic Consciousness, yes.
(And they/we do! Also, an STE -a Spiritually Transforming or Transcendent Exp. )
And it can come over you in an instant and last a minute or a
many many hours! Oh my!

Whether William Blake was a Christian or had a prayer life - I do not know, but his exp of a Higher
altered state of mind allowed him to say:

To see a world in a grain of sand ---you know the one...
and a heaven on a wild flower...

My take: There is no limit, skin color, age or religion that can stop Grace when it
is time to fall upon you.

Yesssssss, everyone is invited to the Banquet
Old 28-10-2020, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:

NICE COMMENTS!

I liked your statement "I think the lines blur and if you look at belief systems you do see some similarities, but ultimately they are not all the same." As for me, I would say I see a lot more similarities between belief systems then you do. I love the variety and being a little like a chameleon, I feel that if I show up at the 'door' of one of the various belief systems, I probably would be accepted as a 'brother'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 28-10-2020, 06:29 PM
janielee

Quote:

And that's all that matters, Nowayout.

Thank you so much for sharing what you do, and did. I am very grateful for it, and what you teach me.

Here is a poem below, which I relate to:

ONLY BREATH

Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu,
Buddhist, sufi, or zen. Not any religion

or cultural system. I am not from the East
or the West, not out of the ocean or up

from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not
composed of elements at all. I do not exist,

am not an entity in this world or the next,
did not descend from Adam or Eve or any

origin story. My place is placeless, a trace
of the traceless. Neither body or soul.

I belong to the beloved, have seen the two
worlds as one and that one call to and know,

first, last, outer, inner, only that
breath breathing human being.

`Rumi

Always best wishes to you and your beloved son - all in Love, Love in all.

Namaste,

JL