Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 29-09-2020, 02:54 AM
Master
A band called Death

Have any of you guys ever heard this band. I'm just finding out about them and I recently watched their documentary under the same name as the title.

Quote:
Before Bad Brains, the Sex Pistols or even the Ramones, there was a band called Death. Punk before punk existed, three teenage brothers in the early '70s from Detroit . Death is an American rock band formed in Detroit, Michigan in 1971 by brothers Bobby (bass, vocals), David (guitar), and Dannis (drums) Hackney. The trio started out as a funk band but switched to rock after seeing a concert by The Who. Originally calling themselves Rock Fire Funk Express, guitarist David convinced his brothers to change the name of the band to Death after their father died in an accident. David wanted to change the meaning of the word: "His concept was spinning death from the negative to the positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qai4QqGZwFg
here is there song called 'Politicians in my eyes'
Old 29-09-2020, 03:03 AM
Master
At the time in the 1970s no one was trying to sign the Hackney brothers because their rock genre and name no record label really wanted to be associated with their name. Bobby, Dannis, and David Hackney were from Detroit Michigan and the city is known for the record label Motown and "The Motown sound" and the Hackeny brothers were far from it.

Here is a picture of them in 1975 below I hope you all can see it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesdeath-1975.jpg (6.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 29-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
Have any of you guys ever heard this band. I'm just finding out about them and I recently watched their documentary under the same name as the title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qai4QqGZwFg
here is there song called 'Politicians in my eyes'

Quite brilliant!
Old 29-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Quite brilliant!
Yes I think so to. I never heard of the band Death before their story is interesting .