Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Peaceweaver

Opening Chakras?

How do ou go about opening your chakras? Thank you
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Serenity Bear

There are a couple of ways to open chakras. The first is to know where they are and what ones you want to open.

Their are 7 major and 21 minor chakras, when we say to open them up we usually talk about the 7 major unless you are going to do healing when the hand chakras (minor) come into play.

The order you open the chakras up are very important, you always go from the Base or Root chakra upwards and likewise you always close from the crown chakra down wards.

In tbe beginning one can visualise a bud opening at each chakra point so it is easy to close down just by imagining the bud closing just like a flower. Or you can imagine doors opening, or in the more advanced you can turn the chakras clockwise or anti close wise to open and close.

For those who don't bother with chakras they just think of anything to do with Spirit or Metaphysical practices and that will open you up.

Never over stretch your chakras, as this can cause problems and even physical pain, so just do them a little at a time that you feel comfortable with. They are very much like a muscle so using them needs to be increased over time and not suddenly.

I hope that helps.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Peaceweaver

Thank you so much!! I will try this out. I'm working with a psychic/spiritual teacher and she says that soon I will be able to do hands on healing so I am also interested in the hand chakras, how do you open those? My teacher doesn't really talk about chakras, so i'm just wondering.
Old 13-07-2012, 03:52 AM
I have gone to a shaman - for a 'healing' or session.
Or a person that works with Crystals - a Crystal healer...and wow!!!!!!

You could try your bulletin board at your Metaphysical Bookstore?
Ask around there.
Good luck...

You could also begin the process seeing a Cranio-sacral Therapist.
Some massage therapists do this and also Physical Therapists - again ask around for someone 'gifted'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-07-2012, 04:32 AM
Peaceweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have gone to a shaman - for a 'healing' or session.
Or a person that works with Crystals - a Crystal healer...and wow!!!!!!

You could try your bulletin board at your Metaphysical Bookstore?
Ask around there.
Good luck...

You could also begin the process seeing a Cranio-sacral Therapist.
Some massage therapists do this and also Physical Therapists - again ask around for someone 'gifted'.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to physical therapy school. This peaked my interest because now I'm wondering if I could incorporate this into my work in the future.
Old 13-07-2012, 06:11 AM
mightything

its actually very easy.
if you use your mind and you swirl your awareness (energy follows awareness)
on a certain part of your body you will have energy sensations.
im not sure how much i believe in chakras. but there does seem to be energetic storage "spots" in the body. what Serenity said about minor chakras. that would be one(lower, middle and upper dantians, or storage spots).
as well as major chakras. they are where most people agree they are.
what i dont agree with is that you have to close them down. you dont. people tell you if you swirl counterclockwise it will close. but thats just another activation. they slow down energy production/vibrating once you stop feeding them your awareness.

swirling, tracing up and down and splitting.
those are just some energy movement you can perform on yourself with your awareness and they will activate these energy centers.
after a while you can create your own after you realize what works.

as for what proof i have that you dont need to shut down chakras, especially if you store your excess energies.
i have myself. im not the strongest energy guy but im not weak.
and if my energy or vitality was draining out id be hurt, dead or sick...just saying.
Old 13-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Serenity Bear

For the minor chakras, there are 21 minor, the ones the healers use are on the hands. If you look at your hand go to the dead center of the palm that is where the hand chakras are. The front comes out of the palm and the back of the same chakras comes out the back of the hand. All chakras have a front and back except the base and crown which act as each others front and back.

You open the hand chakras the same way as you do the others, and close them the same way. For me the hands actually heat up and begin to burn, but that maybe the type of energy I use, they may go cold if you heal with cold energy.

Yes you do need to close down chakras, cause if you dont you will get physical pain. You dont want to swirl them, or split them as this will cause sickness and the petals/vortexs within the chakra will get unbalanced. Just stick to the basics for now.
Old 13-07-2012, 06:13 PM
mightything

im not gona argue. what ever works for ya.
i dont feel physical pain while doing work, i was taught if you feel pain your doing it wrong and need to stop.
Old 14-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Serenity Bear

Exactly, if you feel PAIN your doing it WRONG.
Old 17-07-2012, 08:05 PM
perfect earth

What works for me is acknowledging organs as having functions and our consciousness flowing with them rather than chakras down the center line. Major organs being lungs, kidney, liver, heart, and spleen/stomach and flowing in that order. There are also minor organs (Large intestine/gall bladder/etc.) and glands (adrenals/pineal/etc.) They are all related and, in a healthy body, breathe as one, each recieving as much as they give and adding a layer of transmutation of energy/consciousness with each breath.