Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-06-2022, 11:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thanks! Are we sure this isn't Ewwerrin?
Please, you're scaring me now.
Old 26-06-2022, 11:58 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Hello :) Just gathering perspectives. I find it helpful but you're not the first to suggest that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLtfPp77vd8

The real question is "Who am I when I am not?" The videos are going some way to explain that because they're more of an explanation of who 'I am not' and that's something most people aren't used to. Most Spiritual material like this leaves people with more of "A sense of I am" than when they started, but that's backwards.
Old 27-06-2022, 10:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
.... If you know of anyone that's suffered great loss or gone through a serious divorce, you'll know how disorientated they can become. That's the result of the ego 'collapsing'. Often it's a survival mechanism....
I have to say I don't understand a thing of what you're saying here?
When you're going through great loss or a very difficult time the ego gets far more pronounced. Your world narrows down to basically only the ego which then is fear, hurt, loss and so on. That is indeed a kind of survival mechanism to get you through the hard time. When you're overflowing with trouble there's simply no space for anything else, nothing 'fancy'.
But I don't see how this is a collapse of the ego.
The ego doesn't dissolve or collapse. So I don't get what you're saying here...
Old 27-06-2022, 10:44 AM
Master
I listened to part of the vid that was linked. Doesn't resonate with me at all.
But if it does resonate with you enjoy it :) We all have our own teachers.
Old 27-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
When you're going through great loss or a very difficult time the ego gets far more pronounced.
I've worked in mental health and seen the effects of people's egos 'collapsing'. and mine has also 'collapsed' due to severe emotional and physical trauma as a child. Yes you can feel as though you're overflowing with trouble but there comes a time when you can't take any more. That's when it 'collapses'. I've been there.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:16 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

I don't know why I am just seeing this, but thanks for the link and info Greenslade. So basically its all about removing our conditioning to get to the truth huh? (The truth being non-duality?)
Old 01-07-2022, 08:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
I don't know why I am just seeing this, but thanks for the link and info Greenslade. So basically its all about removing our conditioning to get to the truth huh? (The truth being non-duality?)
It's probably synchronicity in action but the thing is that we get what we need when we need it, there's a kind of 'feedback loop' between us and the Universe going on. You're seeing this because you probably need to see it and that illustrates how it works, all you need to do is work out what you want and the reason you want it.

The bottom line of the video is that you already are what you seek - "The seeker is that which is sought" as the saying goes. You've started a lot of threads around the same thing and while they're commendably searching for the truth you're always looking for something 'outside' yourself. Like the one where you ask if there would still be Spirituality if nobody believed it. That's probably one of THE most searching questions I've seen yet. Ever!!

You are your Spirituality, you are the source of your Spirituality and you are where it begins. You decide what to believe or not. You are not searching for Spirituality as a 'thing' - which is what was coming though in the thread - you are searching for what Spirituality is to you, personally. Similarly you are searching for YOUR truth because there is no THE truth.

It's about conditioning as you said, and shifting the layers of spazz that have been building up since we were born. One of the simplest ways of doing that is asking, specifically, "What are the reasons..." and being very honest with yourself. So going back to your thread about Spirituality still existing if nobody believed it, "What are the reasons you asked that question?"

Every question in every thread you've ever asked leads back to one single point. YOU! It's about getting rid of what you are not, and what you are - what you always were - emerges.