Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 27-05-2022, 07:54 AM
Knower

Difference between Tarot and Oracle Cards

Hi Friends,

What is the difference between Tarot and Oracle Cards? Because they seem quite similar.

Also, how does reading differs when using each type of Cards?

Thank you.
Old 27-05-2022, 02:54 PM
Master
Oracle cards typically have a theme, like Fairies, Angels, power animals etc. etc.
Apart from that they usually have no specific following order.

Tarot is divided in a Major Arcana, which are bigger life lessons, and the Minor Arcana, smaller lessons and issues. Also, the MA has a sequence although your journey through it doesn't have to follow that.

Furthermore the minors are divided in 4 suits like playing cards:
Swords - mental, thinking, information, the mind, communication etc. Element is Air.
Cups - Feelings & emotions etc. Element is Water.
Pentacles - finances, ego, personality etc. Element is Earth.
Wands - action, passion, drive etc. Element is Fire.

Each suit is also sequential, works through the area of the aspect (feelings, or mind etc.) to mastery (King) of it.
And also the suits can indicate certain things in a reading in the sense that when there are for instance many fiery Wand cards and Cups are not present.

I also feel reading Tarot requires far more practice and insight in a way than oracle cards. They're fun, can add great value and insight but less difficult to draw conclusion from than Tarot.
Even when a beginner you can usually make sense of Oracle cards, whereas working with Tarot as a beginner can leave you staring at the cards, not knowing how on earth they relate or make sense.
Old 27-05-2022, 03:02 PM
Ascender
both kinds are magic
Old 29-05-2022, 02:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
both kinds are magic
I like the way you use the word magic that's how i would describe my tarot cards, I haven't used the oracle card's but I'm sure they would be the same.
in places where others do not.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:09 AM
Knower

Thank you for your replies friends :)