Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2020, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator
My dog wasn't narcissistic at all, but she had a definite sense of self, personality and at times added a touch of humour to it. Then there were times of mild rebellion which must have been for a purpose.

The "night-time pee" was a routine. And an obvious necessity before 10 hours of sleep. Not only that, but she got a tasty morsel of a treat after doing said pee.
So....should have been a happy thing for any doggy to do.
But just sometimes a devilment got into her and she would pretend to pee then look at me with a look which spoke volumes (impossible to describe.)
Dry "lady bits" told a different story however and often resulted in our having to extend the quick trip to the Oak trees into a 30 minute walk in the orchard.

She definitely was aware that what she was doing was not cricket. Yet hung on to her intention as long as her bladder and sheer tiredness would allow;
I wanted to laugh, and darent, for fear of encouraging her.

I loved her display of stubborn rebelliousness, but for health and comfort's sake, had to make sure she peed. (She drank plenty of water in the evening.)

She was just saying (perhaps): "Hey, this is me, and I decide what to do and when, and I will do what I like."

(I will add here that when she did that she didn't have a physical problem and was fit and well, so this was purely ego.)

On the subject of snappy little ankle biters....I know one well; a neighbour's doggy. Smaller than the average cat, this Portuguese Podengo ....little rat.....has an ambition to kill me and eat me for dinner.

I wrote her a rap:

I know a Podengo
Her name is Vanilla
And she's got a reputation
For being a killer.

She's digging a hole to get under the fence
You all better run now if you've got any sense.

When she shows her teeth you dudes are so frightened
Well you better watch out 'cause she got her teeth whitened!