Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 25-01-2015, 10:26 PM
dbarcus

What kind of chart do you use, if any?

I've used my pendulum sporadically for several months now. I tried using an alphabet chart a couple of times but had difficulty due to how close the letters were. I am wondering what other charts I could try that are more than a "yes" or "no" response.
Old 25-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Master
Yes/No responses don't tend to be a great way to go about things as Spirit can't really talk to us that way or provoke us to stretch our awareness or integration.

As humans we tend to know our question and just want a Yes or No answer to it so we can move on. Spirit or our Higher Selves are interested in Integration of the whole self however and have a much Bigger Picture view than our passing mortal concerns, so there comes a point to get a communication system to work we have to allow Spirit to speak as Spirit wants too in order to guide us and assist us in our growth and understanding.

These days I often find myself just asking straight up "What do you want to talk about today?" 9 times out of 10 its an incredibly loaded question leading to an hour or more of very intense conversation. Needless to say I lead far more than I do through asking questions at my level of consciousness and spiritual progress is commensurate with not trying to heavily control the information flow.

Have you tried Angel cards, Oracle cards, I Ch'ing, Runes, Tarot, tea leaves, asking a question and splitting a book open and reading what your eyes fall on or other divination means?
Maybe list off some and ask your Higher Self/Guides/Angels what form would be most effective for you to continue your learning and communication through. Use your pendulum to discern what might work best for your next evolution of communication.
Old 26-01-2015, 01:37 PM
dbarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
These days I often find myself just asking straight up "What do you want to talk about today?" 9 times out of 10 its an incredibly loaded question leading to an hour or more of very intense conversation. Needless to say I lead far more than I do through asking questions at my level of consciousness and spiritual progress is commensurate with not trying to heavily control the information flow.

Have you tried Angel cards, Oracle cards, I Ch'ing, Runes, Tarot, tea leaves, asking a question and splitting a book open and reading what your eyes fall on or other divination means?
Maybe list off some and ask your Higher Self/Guides/Angels what form would be most effective for you to continue your learning and communication through. Use your pendulum to discern what might work best for your next evolution of communication.

CrystalSong....First let me say that I LOVE the question you ask Spirit daily! I'd so desperately love to ask that and then get a response! What divining tool do you use to get answers to this??

Secondly, I have tried Tarot cards. I bought a deck several months ago. I had a difficult time learning to use it with the book that came with it. Talk about IN DEPTH! I would like to learn but feel like I'd learn better with a person. Maybe I could pick it up again and try.
Old 26-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Master
Tarot is not my divination system of choice, for the reasons you stated.
I prefer Oracle cards. After learning to sense energy with the palms of my hands by working with crystals, I began using that as a communication system with Higher Self also for making all sorts of choices.
From what drink on this shelf is healthiest for me, to which of these apples has the most life force energy in it, to which of these shampoo's is actually healthy for me hair, to selecting things to purchase on the internet.

Once you can sense energy with the palm of your hand you can just scan things with a question in mind and look for the energy hit. It thrills me in stores when I catch someone else doing hand scans to make purchase choices!

When holding the question "Which deck would be most useful for this stage of my development for communication with Higher Self?" and scanning several shelves of Oracle, Angel and Tarot cards in a New Age Metaphysical store, I was led to my first deck.
In time that became 4 decks (one I quit using mostly as it was rarely pertinent).
Most recently I worked with Higher Self to design 2 more decks for us to use and had them printed.

With the Runes added it makes for a pretty wide range of words and communication has become, with several years of practice much smoother.
I ask the question, hold my hands a few inches above each deck briefly and pick up the deck which had the energy hit, shuffle it until a card falls out or until I sense its time to stop and split the deck.

Ultimately you and Higher Self must learn how to communicate with each other, and this comes from practice. Even a simple daily question like "What is your advice for me today?" is a great way to start getting that practice in a fun way. With time comes confidence and assurance and in time that becomes unshakable.

If Spirit tells me something, a whole roomful of well spoken and well presented discussions can not persuade me otherwise. I have learned to trust what I am told about the word of people speaking from their minds.
Old 30-01-2015, 01:42 PM
dbarcus

Ahhhh....CrystalSong....that's exactly where I want to be! You've talked me into it...I'm getting Oracle cards. :) Now on to search forum for information on them! Thank you so much!
Old 30-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Master
You might have good luck going to your local metaphysical or New Age store, where they are likely to have many types of decks to choose from.
If you are good at reading energy then you can ask a question like "Which deck would be most useful for us to communicate with?" and then hover your hand a few inches away from each deck feeling for the strongest energy. Then get that one.

If you aren't familiar with doing this, then what you are looking for is what doesn't feel like the others. We each feel energy in different ways, maybe one deck seems warmer or cooler than the others, or perhaps one seems to have a light breeze, almost like a breath coming from it, or perhaps you get a tingling feeling in your palm over one or two decks. You're looking for anything unusual perceived from one deck but not the others.

If you can't get an energy hit, then you might want to start with a crystal and practice feeling for the energy they emit, it is discernible, but we humans often live at a course level of life and aren't tuned into subtleties. Feeling for the energy from a crystal helps to learn to discern subtle energy because they do emit it and it's well documented and known, so you can train your brain that "Yes, this is so, I'll really feeling this in my palm".

Spirit talks to us on subtle levels, so developing this level of sensitivity is highly useful for all manner of things.
I use it to pick dinner from a menu, by vegetable, shampoo, find the car keys, get un lost when I'm lost in a new city, pick group or lectures to go to - Everything where choice is involved.
In this manner I'm allowing Higher Self to join the decision making process and bring in its higher knowledge of both the item or place and my human preferences. Higher Self always scores better than my human eyes reading a menu! lol
Old 30-01-2015, 02:33 PM
dbarcus

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I'm very used to feeling energy when it comes to people. That seems to be something I was born highly attuned with. Objects, however, are something I've never noticed before. I did just recently get some crystals for the first time and had the most amazing experience that it made me a believer immediately.

I'm heading out to get my oracle deck from my favorite store! I'm sure you'll see a new thread by me announcing my new deck soon!

And seriously.....thank you.
Old 30-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Master
You are most Welcome!!
You'll have to let me know all about your new deck!

Don't forget when you first open it to hold it in your hands and dedicate it to use by your Higher Self, Guides, Angels and the Divine Only. This insures random energies don't get into it.
After it's dedicated you candy shuffle and split it.
I usually get a card which equals Spirit Communication, which is my affirmation that the communication line is working and I've made contact
Old 30-01-2015, 04:40 PM
dbarcus

Hey! I'm home and I got a deck! Woohoo! I purchased Ask Your Guides by Sonia Choquette. I didn't feel any physical feeling from them but resonated with the title. Thanks again!