Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-02-2020, 03:55 PM
Seeker
[quote=Miss Hepburn]"I hypothesize consciousness is a fundamental force like gravity and the other three (electro-magnetism, strong nuclear force & weak nuclear force). I also think it's non-local & not bound by space-time, meaning its behavior may never be detected unless we puny-humans come up with methods of detecting the undetectable. ;-)" Good one, BhodiCris

I feel like I've come home; I just have to be cautious of binge-reading the forum. Can't accomplish writing goals if I'm always reading.
Thank you!
Old 18-02-2020, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Meaning awakening from a dream while still in the dream is a model for awakening from maya while still in maya.

Call it realization. Call it awakening. Call it whatever you like but it lifts the veil just enough to know the veil exists. It doesn't negate the power of maya to project, just weakens maya's power to veil.

If you haven't experienced it you won't understand what I'm typing. If you have had a lucid dream you might be able to grasp a tiny inkling of what I'm typing.
What do you wake up to when you awaken from a dream while still in the dream? The answer is a dream.
Old 18-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Now you're talking my language. LOL!

You should poke around my YouTube "Consciousness" playlist. Here are three of my favorites.
Trust - I shall; thanks for the suggestions. Anytime some of my influence thinkers are on YT, I'm bang up for consuming all that is... Thank you!
Old 18-02-2020, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
What do you wake up to when you awaken from a dream while still in the dream? The answer is a dream.
...so all you get is a realization from your dream and ego I because dreams are an extension of your ego I.
Old 18-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Seeker
Quote:
You should definitely watch the Stanford University John Hagelin talk titled "Consciousness, a Quantum Physics Perspective" that I linked in my previous reply.
Thank you JASG - shall do... I don't remember Hagelin specifically but the title is on a "strike" trajectory for me (bowling ref...)
Old 18-02-2020, 04:03 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
A lucid dream is a dream thus, is still an extension of the ego I.

You do know what a lucid dream is right? You're in a dream and attain full waking consciousness. You know you are in a dream. You know in actuality you are the dreamer and not the dream. You know everything in the dream is you, is inside of you the dreamer and not you the dream.

That's what an actual spiritual awakening or realization is. You attain something beyond full waking consciousness. You see reality isn't so real, at least not in the sense of sensory perception, appearance, forms, objects, boundaries.

You literally perceive (well, I did) yourself in everything and everything in you. Unless you experience that I can't begin to describe how weird it is to interact with others in that state of consciousness.
Old 18-02-2020, 04:07 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiCris
Thank you JASG - shall do... I don't remember Hagelin specifically but the title is on a "strike" trajectory for me (bowling ref...)

He's brilliant but quirky. LOL!

Some years back, perhaps during the early 2000s he ran for president on the Natural Law Party line and he's at the highest level of organizers of the TM movement. His quirkiness, associations and want to be outspoken got him detached from his post as a research physicist at CERN. Oops!
Old 18-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
You do know what a lucid dream is right? You're in a dream and attain full waking consciousness. You know you are in a dream. You know in actuality you are the dreamer and not the dream. You know everything in the dream is you, is inside of you the dreamer and not you the dream.

That's what an actual spiritual awakening or realization is. You attain something beyond full waking consciousness. You see reality isn't so real, at least not in the sense of sensory perception, appearance, forms, objects, boundaries.

You literally perceive (well, I did) yourself in everything and everything in you. Unless you experience that I can't begin to describe how weird it is to interact with others in that state of consciousness.
That sounds like the ego I playing tricks on itself to me.
Old 18-02-2020, 04:10 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
That sounds like the ego I playing tricks on itself to me.

Why, because you haven't experienced it?

This is why I've been trying to explain to you the whole duality of thinking stuff is miniscule in the Big Picture of non-duality. It (choiceless awareness) is only a means to an end and not an end in and of itself
Old 18-02-2020, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Why, because you haven't experienced it?

This is why I've been trying to explain to you the whole duality of thinking stuff is miniscule in the Big Picture of non-duality.
I already told you why. When you wake up in a dream while still in a dream you awaken to a dream....so all you get is a realization from your dream and ego I because dreams are an extension of your ego I.