Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 01-12-2019, 10:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That's speculation at the very best and you haven't even begun to define what matter and consciousness actually are. If you cant define and describe consciousness in detail you can't describe how it manifests matter and then interacts with itself via manifested matter. Don't feel bad as physicists, neuroscientists and psychologists can't either.

The mind of God knows but I'm afraid it eludes the minds of mere mortals and will forever do so, and that's okay because I can appreciate the beauty and splendor of it all without knowing the nitty-gritty details.

I would not consider physicists, neuroscientists and psychologists as being the experts in this field.

Try reading the books of Alice Bailey for a glimpse of how it all works.

Peace
Old 02-12-2019, 07:00 PM
Knower
Quote:
That's speculation at the very best and you haven't even begun to define what matter and consciousness actually are. If you cant define and describe consciousness in detail you can't describe how it manifests matter and then interacts with itself via manifested matter. Don't feel bad as physicists, neuroscientists and psychologists can't either.

The mind of God knows but I'm afraid it eludes the minds of mere mortals and will forever do so, and that's okay because I can appreciate the beauty and splendor of it all without knowing the nitty-gritty details.

They are all one and the same. Energy.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:22 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77
They are all one and the same. Energy.

Then define energy and in detail and how it's tied to consciousness and how consciousness uses it to manifest matter.

By the way, energy and matter are interchangeable. So sayeth Einstein. No one says anything about consciousness because no one knows what the heck it is. Fact of the matter is no one really knows what the heck matter/energy really is. We can observe behaviors and relationships but we're not at the bottom of it all. Not even close.

Build a particle accelerator 1,000 light years in diameter and maybe we have a slim chance of figuring out something about the foundation of reality, though I'm even doubtful about that. That would be to know the mind of God.

If I was going to make any kind of statement it would be something like this. Consciousness = Unified Field. We don't know what it is but we do believe our existence, our reality, somehow arises from it and will eventually subside back into it. Beyond that who can really say? That would require omniscience.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Knower
God is a man made construct. The Universe was not created. There is no liniar Time. The is a sphere, no up down or begining.
Old 25-01-2020, 04:30 AM
ketzer

Quote:
"Dean Radin speaks at the Science of Consciousness Conference in Tucson 2016. Dean Radin, PhD, is chief scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS)."

https://youtu.be/nRSBaq3vAeY?list=PL...ywQvhBzzdrQ A

The gentleman moderating the Q&A is Stuart Hameroff, an anesthesiologist and professor at the University of Arizona who, along with Sir Roger Penrose formulated the Orch OR hypothesis of consciousness.

The questioner at 37:45 is world-renowned philosopher of mind David Chalmers who coined the phrase "The Hard Problem" of consciousness.

Yes, I do believe it can, but more fundamentally, I think consciousness "creates" matter. Prior to observation, the particle does not exist in a physical sense. It is a mathematical wave function existing in imaginary Hilbert space, the square of whose amplitude at any given "location" represents the probability of finding the particle there if an observation is made by consciousness. Of course this applies not only to the particle, but to everything. You, me, everything in the universe(s) including the universe itself is a non physical wave function of distributed probabilities in Hilbert space prior to "observation" by consciousnesses. Actually, it still is after observation as well, only that observing consciousness now only has access to the information contained in the one outcome, but the others all go on existing in Hilbert space. The wave function collapses, but only for that particular observers consciousness (and any entangled observes), for all others, it remains a function of all possible outcomes. The wave function encodes the information not of what will be, but of all possible outcomes and the relative probabilities of each prior to "observation". It is consciousness that makes the observation and "decides" what information it will draw from the wave function and use to create its next present moment reality (i.e. collapses the wave of all possibilities into the one outcome). A reality it creates within itself, from itself, in what we call energy. But energy is just consciousness aware of itself as it manifests information within, with matter just being a particularly dense manifestation (representation) of information. Everything is energy, all matter and motion, but energy is just consciousness representing information within itself. Even space itself does not "exist" outside of consciousness. What we call outer space is actually inner-space, created with our own consciousness. What I call reality is just a representation of the information my consciousness extracts from the wave function in imaginary Hilbert space and uses to create the illusory world within the imaginary "inner-space" within itself. As John Wheeler said, it is all "it from bit". It is consciousness that processes those bits extracted from Hilbert space into the its within its own inner-space. Well, IMO anyway.
Old 30-01-2020, 12:37 PM
Seeker
I recall Joseph Campbell saying, "I have a feeling that consciousness and energy are the same thing."

I also believe consciousness/energy is a fundamental force; its unknowable in this dimension (which is why it's so darn tough to nail down in a definition).

It's certainly not reductionist or (i think) measurable from the cognition POV. But that's me... Those ideas have and will continue to change as we learn.
Namaste
Old 10-02-2020, 11:52 AM
Master
Quote:
"Dean Radin speaks at the Science of Consciousness Conference in Tucson 2016. Dean Radin, PhD, is chief scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS)."

https://youtu.be/nRSBaq3vAeY?list=PL...ywQvhBzzdrQ A

The gentleman moderating the Q&A is Stuart Hameroff, an anesthesiologist and professor at the University of Arizona who, along with Sir Roger Penrose formulated the Orch OR hypothesis of consciousness.

The questioner at 37:45 is world-renowned philosopher of mind David Chalmers who coined the phrase "The Hard Problem" of consciousness.
I think consciousness perceives matter/the physical universe in the singularity.
Old 16-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Master
Consciousness is the source of matter. It is the state of being, that is unconditional. And so in order to "change" the matter, you have to "change" your consciousness. And thus it is only possible to experience this for yourself, but you cannot proof it to anyone else, because you cannot change or choose for another consciousness. You create your own reality. Not the reality of the people around you. You can choose a reality where the people around you are more conscious of their own source of reality. But that's basically about as far as I can examplify the change of the matter.
Old 16-02-2020, 12:57 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I think consciousness perceives matter/the physical universe in the singularity.

Hello Mike,

Even more interesting thought if there is a singularity inside of each matter particule…

Enjoy!
Old 16-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Consciousness is the source of matter.
Bingo, enough said.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru