Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 27-02-2019, 04:08 PM
Che Lazou

Divination with Playing Cards

Is there a traditional way to divine with a standard Anglo-American deck of playing cards?

I'm sure one could be made up, but I'm looking for one from the source.

The standard deck is interesting because it is made up of two colours, four suits and thirteen numbers.

These are very auspicious number theoretic combinations for the divination of power, and I would be surprised if the deck was constructed by accident.

Of course games also have rules, so the deck could have been constructed for playing games rather than divination, I don't discount this as a possibility, but my guess is that it might have had application to divination at it's source, at least I am curious as to whether this is the case.

As an aside, a question which I could easily Google, how many cards does the original tarot deck contain?

Thank you.

Last edited by Che Lazou : 27-02-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 16-03-2019, 01:21 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

I'm sure there is a way. If you look up the original meaning behind Tarot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot, they are the seed for what we know today as 52 card playing decks, which are used in Poker, BlackJack, Texas Hold Em, etc
Old 27-03-2019, 02:52 AM
Pathfinder
What you're looking for is called cartomancy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartomancy I've tried this myself but I have a hard time interpreting using this system, there are articles out there on the meanings of cards and how to use them in divination.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Guide
I know there is because the gypsies used playing cards when their tarot cards were confiscated or it was illegal to have tarot cards. You can probably find it online.
Old 29-04-2020, 12:23 PM
Che Lazou

Thanks to all who responded, I had forgotten about this question until today I serendipitously came across the following book:

The Power of Playing Cards: An Ancient System for Understanding Yourself, Your Destiny, & Your Relationships – 30 Nov. 2004
by Geri Sullivan (Author), Saffi Crawford (Author)

From the blurb on Amazon:

Quote:
Few people know that today's deck of playing cards is actually based on an ancient mystical card system akin to the Tarot. In The Power of Playing Cards you can discover the playing card that is linked to your birthday and learn the secrets that each card holds about personality traits, love relationships, destiny, and luck. Remarkably accurate, this system is a synthesis of playing cards, astrology, and numerology. This easy-to-use system allows you to gain insight into your past, present, and future and introduces you to an intricate web of relationship links that is second to none. These special links can explain why you fall in love, who your ideal partner is, and who can best provide what you need. By finding out who will support you and who will challenge you, you can increase your potential for successful relationships. Equally helpful, you can deepen your understanding of what motivates your family members, friends, and business partners. Besides enhancing your relationships, this unique system offers fascinating insight into your future by interpreting cards for each year that is to come. You'll also: Identify your special qualities by knowing your signature card. Become aware of relationship card links that can improve your love life and increase your understanding of others. Discover which celebrities share your card Find out your good years for money, career, and new opportunities. Whether you are using the cards for serious inquiry or simply for fun, this simple and enthralling guide is for all who seek to know more about themselves, their loved ones, and their futures.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Master
If it is any consolation, my Mother-in-Law uses regular cards and so does my wife every once in a while.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜