Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 19-10-2010, 03:12 AM
November Decay

Wicca and Feng Shui

I was thinking about coordinating my room in accordance with Feng Shui, but at the same time satisfying my Wiccan needs. The two kind of clashed though...Anybody have any thoughts? Maybe a way I could make this work?
Old 19-10-2010, 04:18 AM
White Wolf

I know a little about Feng Shui. Can you explain how / why it clashes with your Wiccan needs, please? Perhaps with more info, it would be easier to suggest a solution.

White Wolf
Old 19-10-2010, 04:49 AM
November Decay

Well, for one thing, feng shui requires that the room is placed a certain way, and in a certain order, so that all of the elements flow together. But the circle of feng shui-nian elements are pretty much the exact opposite of the wiccan-elements on the five-pointed star, which would be the ideal way to format a room.

Does that make sense? o0
Old 19-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Interesting topic, I guess one has to make a choice, which way they prefer ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 19-10-2010, 02:16 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Decay
I was thinking about coordinating my room in accordance with Feng Shui, but at the same time satisfying my Wiccan needs. The two kind of clashed though...Anybody have any thoughts? Maybe a way I could make this work?

Hi Decay

I'm no Feng Shui expert, but I have a friend who practices it professionally, and she is of the opinion that it works well for Asian cultures and structures because they are not set up in the same way modern American homes and buildings are. But she says rather than turn your whole space upside down (sometimes in what are very inconvenient and unworkable ways!) trying to conform to strict Feng Shui standards, one can instead employ "cures" that allow you to leave it as it is while simultaneously mitigating the disruptive flow of energy by adding small items (a mirror, a hanging crystal, an indoor fountain, even certain colors!) to your existing space. Perhaps that might solve your problem You might try looking for books on the subject that address such things, i.e., the "cures" she referenced
Old 19-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Lostgirl

There is a book by Scott Cunningham that is basically how to lay out your house, the meanings of things such as reeths at xmas times, what to move into your house first etc etc. Its worth chekcing out. I cant remember what its called, but i shall find it and pm you

Love and Blessings :) x
Old 19-10-2010, 08:25 PM
November Decay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
There is a book by Scott Cunningham that is basically how to lay out your house, the meanings of things such as reeths at xmas times, what to move into your house first etc etc. Its worth chekcing out. I cant remember what its called, but i shall find it and pm you

Love and Blessings :) x

Scott Cunningham is one of the best Wicca authors ever, I swear. I've read other stuff by him, and I absolutely love it. You gotta remember that title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart

...one can instead employ "cures" that allow you to leave it as it is while simultaneously mitigating the disruptive flow of energy by adding small items (a mirror, a hanging crystal, an indoor fountain, even certain colors!) to your existing space. Perhaps that might solve your problem You might try looking for books on the subject that address such things, i.e., the "cures" she referenced

I've begun adding mirrors to the place; it opened it up quite a bit. And I've read some good books from the library on it, took notes and everything! But maybe I could work both in, thanks! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Interesting topic, I guess one has to make a choice, which way they prefer ?

I think I would definitely choose Wicca over Feng Shui; I've practiced Wicca longer :)

Old 19-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Enya

Don't worry about the feng shui... set your rooms out instinctively and you'll probably find they fit the basic principles anyway! That happened for me...
Old 19-10-2010, 10:14 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Don't worry about the feng shui... set your rooms out instinctively and you'll probably find they fit the basic principles anyway! That happened for me...

Yes, Enya.. I found that to be the case too! I asked my friend to come over and give me her thoughts, and she did offer some small corrections/cures that were easy to impliment, but by and large she found my dwelling to have a good energy flow, Feng Shui-illy speaking! And it was all done by instinct and by what felt good to me
Old 20-10-2010, 06:09 AM
White Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Decay
Well, for one thing, feng shui requires that the room is placed a certain way, and in a certain order, so that all of the elements flow together. But the circle of feng shui-nian elements are pretty much the exact opposite of the wiccan-elements on the five-pointed star, which would be the ideal way to format a room.

Does that make sense? o0

Yes, it makes sense. And you learn something every day, don't you?

Blessed be.

White Wolf