Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
As far as over the internet..

With oneness where is not the Guru? Why does distance matter?

The means of communication is to help you. The more in person a person is like with a direct message or a chat increases that concentration, that focus from you on that connection the stronger it is to you.

All things can be done over any form of communication :) The internet just makes it easier to work with people all over the world is all.

Interesting discussion. Yes, a truly realized Guru will know that there is nothing that separates them from the rest of the manifested world as one experiences. So, it is not through the internet (or over the internet), a Guru helps. Such a master can help directly, since he/she does not see any separation (duality).
Old 23-11-2017, 12:52 AM
Master
I do not know this, I only get a vague sense that Nondual Kashmir Shaivism is more akin to Aboriginal thought, where Oneness is realized through the Glory of Creation (and layers of creation i.e. subtle realms or multidimensionality) ?
Seeing all these worlds as real and not mere illusions or mere "appearances in consciousness"?

Some links here expressing Aboriginal Spirituality, if anyone is interested:

Living in the state of Oneness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct9M8KNXFeE

Oursness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8zAh3irMYo

Western vs Indigenous views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiq5Fc9l1Oc
Old 23-11-2017, 03:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
I do not know this, I only get a vague sense that Nondual Kashmir Shaivism is more akin to Aboriginal thought, where Oneness is realized through the Glory of Creation (and layers of creation i.e. subtle realms or multidimensionality) ?
Seeing all these worlds as real and not mere illusions or mere "appearances in consciousness"?

Some links here expressing Aboriginal Spirituality, if anyone is interested:

Living in the state of Oneness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct9M8KNXFeE

Oursness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8zAh3irMYo

Western vs Indigenous views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiq5Fc9l1Oc

I was a big fan of that man, rest his soul.
Old 23-11-2017, 03:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I was a big fan of that man, rest his soul.

I respected him also.
Old 23-11-2017, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I have asked him to join SF so that maybe some really good Qi Qong type discussions and AV type discussions can come about.

It will be interesting to see how things unfold :)
Yes, I would very much like for that to happen.

I am not deliberately showing any disrespect to your kind self, but I would actually like to understand the background, philosophy and teachings of the personage you describe, before making up my mind as to whether he is 'suitable' to be my Guru. I don't go by any 'face values'...but in light of that, my whole post about my experiences with Gurus from the DLS seems to have gone by the wayside in regards.

Also, there's this little issue about any Guru 'preaching to the choir', as it were...any Guru can come up and tell me that "You are THAT" and try to enlighten me...but I'd be like "yeah, I know...been there, done that...NEXT".

In fact, having studied the works of Adi Shankaracharya, Swami Krishnananda and even Abhinavagupta himself, I could 'out-Advaita' anybody on here...if I was really interested in actually doing that.

...and of course (with all due humility and respect) my Shakti has gone through the roof also (with the help of my "inner Guru") and like you said before, achieving Nirvikalpa Samadhi is one thing, but attaining Sahaja Samadhi another...so I tend to view all of these Gurus as 'nothing special', but that is my own spiritual bias which has also come about through direct experience.

That being said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1va.
Interesting discussion. Yes, a truly realized Guru will know that there is nothing that separates them from the rest of the manifested world as one experiences. So, it is not through the internet (or over the internet), a Guru helps. Such a master can help directly, since he/she does not see any separation (duality).

Welcome to the forum. =)

Yeah, I don't miss much. lol
Old 23-11-2017, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

...but I'd be like "yeah, I know...been there, done that...NEXT".
Kevin Bloody Wilson's song isn’t what comes to my mind, but have you ever been to Oodnatatta?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20oqyMVbss0
Old 23-11-2017, 04:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Kevin Bloody Wilson's song isn’t what comes to my mind, but have you ever been to Oodnatatta?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20oqyMVbss0
I prefer Lucky Star's version instead...but nope, never been to Oodnadatta.

I posted that Kevin Bloody Wilson song only to illustrate that after attaining "Oneness", people have the total freedom to just do whatever they like, despite anybody else and they don't have to act all 'spiritual' and 'holier than thou' just because they have reached that stage of growth.

So, all others would say "omg, Shivani swears, posts all these silly things...she is a very base and banal character...ergo, she hasn't realised anything"...and of course, challenging assumptions is what I love to do the best...and it's going to take a while before I lose that 'endearing' aspect of my being. lol
Old 23-11-2017, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
I prefer Lucky Star's version instead...but nope, never been to Oodnadatta.

I posted that Kevin Bloody Wilson song only to illustrate that after attaining "Oneness", people have the total freedom to just do whatever they like, despite anybody else and they don't have to act all 'spiritual' and 'holier than thou' just because they have reached that stage of growth.

So, all others would say "omg, Shivani swears, posts all these silly things...she is a very base and banal character...ergo, she hasn't realised anything"...and of course, challenging assumptions is what I love to do the best...and it's going to take a while before I lose that 'endearing' aspect of my being. lol

Your knowledge about Hinduism is dazzling - who can add to it?

The song joke aside, it is just that in the Central Desert you do experience that shared presence/oneness weekly if not almost daily running into the traditional people there, so it is almost a norm and if anybody fancied themselves especially “spiritual” because of it that would create a lot of mirth.

There one also meets youths who look like black Shivas right out of the Shiva posters (due to shared DNA) and accompanied with those non-dual experiences/moments I just couldn’t shake off this “5000 years of Advaita” – feeling.
Old 23-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Your knowledge about Hinduism is dazzling - who can add to it?

The song joke aside, it is just that in the Central Desert you do experience that shared presence/oneness weekly if not almost daily running into the traditional people there, so it is almost a norm and if anybody fancied themselves especially “spiritual” because of it that would create a lot of mirth.

There one also meets youths who look like black Shivas right out of the Shiva posters (due to shared DNA) and accompanied with those non-dual experiences/moments I just couldn’t shake off this “5000 years of Advaita” – feeling.
Neither can I, my friend and that's why I am 'into' what I am 'into'.

I could also go into the 'shared DNA' that the Aboriginal Australians have with the Gondi tribe of India - hence why Australia was once known by the name "Gondwanaland"...and I came to that realisation whilst studying the DNA from the species of blue quandong tree (rudraksha) that is native to both sub-continents...but that's a story for another day.
Old 23-11-2017, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
I could also go into the 'shared DNA' that the Aboriginal Australians have with the Gondi tribe of India - hence why Australia was once known by the name "Gondwanaland"...and I came to that realisation whilst studying the DNA from the species of blue quandong tree (rudraksha) that is native to both sub-continents...but that's a story for another day.

With genetic flow from India - I was referring to this old study:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-1...tralia/4466382

Gondwana began to brake up about 180-200 million years ago.