Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 24-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Medium_Laura

Thanks Sky. She is trying to. I don't think she was ready to embark on that much energy flowing through her at one time.

I did my RI and then 8 months later I felt it was time to do R2. I have still not done my R3 yet because I moved to a different state and have not found a master that I "click" with yet :) Congratz to you :)
Old 24-02-2011, 05:22 PM
SoaringSpirit

I'm also a Usui Reiki Master and I don't believe in long waiting periods between levels - that does depend a lot of the student though and I do warn them that any symptoms they may feel after attunement will be escalated if they do the levels close together. If the student feels they can handle it and I think they can handle it, I will do them.

I have in fact taught one student all three levels over a weekend and she handled it absolutely fine - this was however a friend of mine, so I was very confident in her ability to handle it.
Old 24-02-2011, 06:21 PM
AngelBreeze

Timeline between initiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
AngelBreeze, I was not blaming Reiki... I was blaming the master and the way it was delivered. While some attunments can be harmless, I think Reiki is one that has a great deal of energy and responsibility to it's attuned. If you get attuned, research the master, talk to people who are attuned by them. That's what I was saying.

Warm greetings, Medium_Laura!

I understand that and also appreciate your comments! And it was perfectly clear that a "master" who attunes/initiates people to Reiki who may not even be properly trained or attuned him/herself does no one a good service. The problem is that some naive people think they can just pick up a book and they have Reiki and they can read instructions and pass attunements. It does not work that way and what happened to your friends could well happen to others! How could 'anyone' even think they could do that without the proper training and initiation to the three levels, plus practice time, additional reading, feedback from your master, etc. is beyond me. That is why it is important to always ask a master or practitioner, beforehand, if they have been attuned/initiated by a qualified, certified Reiki master. Their answer will be a very important clue as to whether to continue with that individual or not.

And of course one must also bear in mind that there is a 21-day "cleansing period" in Reiki. Most initiates can handle that alright but as I have said, imho, it all depends on the person. If they feel they cannot proceed to another level, then they shouldn't! If they however, feel led to continue, then it is up to them to proceed as they feel personally led.

But I feel no one should simply say that Reiki was the cause of this or that, because that really requires going back to rethink that stance as many other factors could be involved.

So, I understood exactly what you were saying and it is very good that you have said that Medium_Laura, because there may be many who think they don't even need anything in order to do Reiki or pass attunements, and that Reiki is just out there in the air so to speak, and they can now see and hopefully realize that there are precautions one must take when using their own personal energy vs. Reiki. And as with both, how one feels is the determining factor on how or when to proceed. Thanks again for your input. It is much appreciated!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 24-02-2011, 07:17 PM
CJ82Sky

oooh tell me more about the 21 day cleansing - i have been doing my own reiki treatments but not every single night. and i read that you MUST do it every night so i am a little unsure here which is true. i do almost every night but have also been dedicating about 30 min or so per night to one of my animals who are all very much loving this (and i have lots of critters haha!). do i HAVE to do a FULL reiki on myself every single night? it seems like a full hour+ per night is a lot?

also it is a bit mystifying to me that you can go online and get "online certified to reiki master in almost no time at all!" sketchy to me, indeed. and i'm sure there are people not teaching with pure mind and soul... i wish it wasn't the case but it is the world we live in.
Old 24-02-2011, 10:25 PM
AngelBreeze

21 day period

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
oooh tell me more about the 21 day cleansing - i have been doing my own reiki treatments but not every single night. and i read that you MUST do it every night so i am a little unsure here which is true. i do almost every night but have also been dedicating about 30 min or so per night to one of my animals who are all very much loving this (and i have lots of critters haha!). do i HAVE to do a FULL reiki on myself every single night? it seems like a full hour+ per night is a lot?

also it is a bit mystifying to me that you can go online and get "online certified to reiki master in almost no time at all!" sketchy to me, indeed. and i'm sure there are people not teaching with pure mind and soul... i wish it wasn't the case but it is the world we live in.

Greetings again, CJ82Sky!

Yes, of course I would be glad to tell you more about the 21 day period. Essentially, when one takes a Reiki class of any level, their new initiation starts a process called the 21-day "cleansing" period. If you are not familiar with it then perhaps your teacher did not have that information immediately available for you so you might want to call and ask, fyi. It is said that this 21day period when Reiki is running is associated with the 21 days that Dr. Usui, Grand master of Reiki, spent on Mount Kuri Yama in Japan in meditation and fasting. On the twenty-first day he received enlightenment on the Mount. Therefore, when new initiates receive a Reiki initiation, they are asked to do Reiki on themselves likewise for 21 days to correspond with Dr. Usui's experience. Some may experience some energetic changes and thus it is called a "cleansing period."

And as it concerns your question about how long to do Reiki on yourself, since you have only Reiki I at this point, about 5 minutes or so in each position usually suffices during the 21 days as per the Reiki teachings. If you can do more and feel comfortable with it then by all means for more practice but at the very least 3 minutes (if you cannot do a full 5 minutes in each position) would be alright.

As to your last paragraph speaking about the online certifications, again The Usui System does not teach that it can be done that way which is very important to remember. Other systems may be doing it that way but I do not know of them or their validity. So, I can only speak to the System I was taught.

And I do agree that it appears to be quite difficult to become certified online when you don't have an actual Reiki master present to teach and attune/initiate you, plus --

• To answer questions you may have.
• To see that you actually did your lessons and did not stumble over them.
• To personally gauge your grasp or lack of regarding the hand positions.
• For one to ask questions and see their master's Reiki certificates to make sure they are a qualified, certified Reiki master.
• For the master to explain the Symbols in Reiki II and teach you how to draw them.
• To see if you were successful in sending Reiki by absentia.
• For you to receive your Reiki lessons. To be given the Reiki Principles. And to receive your lineage paper. Plus your Reiki certification.
• And most important, how do you know for sure if the master actually spent the time required to do the attunement/initiation on you when you can't even see them!

These are just a few of the things one must be ever cognizant of when considering a Reiki master and/or training.

To not know these very basic things can mean the difference between Success or failure!

Thank you for your questions and comments! They are much appreciated. Have a lovely day!

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Old 25-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Administrator
Hello

I have just done Level II Reiki. I did not have long between Level I and Level II but that is only becasue I have done so much energy work before even thinking about certificatation. Not Reiki but its all involved using me hands and energy.

Level I and Level II are both pretty intense and I think some space with them and practice is a good idea for most. I know that after Level I I felt quite out of it for about a week while the body and the mind got into balance.

I did Level II on the Full Moon and OMG what a rush that was. As the Moon already effect me greatly I was over charged the Sunday. I was totally floarting free that day from me body, but too for me that was fine. Was rather run. I am used to Astral Travel and I know the limits of me.

What I be told for Level II to Level III if one has only had trainning or experieicne in Reiki and not used any forms of energy healing practice and space of a year is the RULE that seems most in place.

I am in April taking on Level III as the Master Teacher's that know me well and have had me work on them say I be ready and I too trust in how I feel and what I understand of it all that I am ready. Too passing it is the final test. Its complex that be forsure. Lots to learn.

With the Level III there will be a written agreement in place too that I WILL NOT be teaching it at all for a period of a year and that if I want to become a teacher of it I will be certifed then as one. So its almost like a Level IV that is used where I live and by the Master Teacher's I have.

What moved me to get certification was a friend of mine that was passing away in a Hospice House, as there as NO living family and nothing in place that I could work on him there without the certificate they felt best I did not. Now that I have Level II I can go there with permissions and practice . To me it will open some closed doors, and being a Medium as well I know that I can bring some peace in one's at times fear of death and dying.

I did some healing on line today with a friend and it was amazing at how fast the tenesions left him and his headache faded. So there is a lot to it, how I felt was quite different too as I felt more grounded in the body.

Lynn
Old 25-02-2011, 02:45 AM
CJ82Sky

thanks all!

yes i knew about the 21d and the details and history but i forgot about the practice on self part as i've been so excited for my animals who love it haha! thank you!
Old 25-02-2011, 04:23 AM
AngelBreeze

21 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
thanks all!

yes i knew about the 21d and the details and history but i forgot about the practice on self part as i've been so excited for my animals who love it haha! thank you!

Hi CJ82Sky,

One more thing to mention about the 21-day period is that it is sometimes also explained this way. The Reiki energy that you work with during those 21 days works in this manner: There are seven energy centers in the body that are obviously affected by Reiki as are other parts. And for each energy center the energy gathers and works for 3 days. Therefore, 7 x 3 = 21 day period.

We had a separate discussion a little while back about chakras and Reiki and while the chakras (energy centers) are not always mentioned as having some relation to Reiki when Reiki is done they are nevertheless touched by Reiki since Reiki is spiritual energy and the chakras are part of the etheric body, so this needed to also be mentioned, FYI.

And yes, animals appear to love Reiki, especially cats! When they are done receiving enough they also have their own way of disconnecting from it.

Have a beautiful day or evening where you are!

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)