Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 20-09-2016, 11:46 PM
Master

A wise man once said "Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere."

I am lost for words. I cannot add anything. I don't think there is anything to add.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 21-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Master
melahin, if people just made excuses for others all the time, no matter what the age, how does that create responsibility? That's just a poor excuse...and to say Clio feels bad for throwing a verbal rock. OMG...and you work with children and you've never had to raise a voice or teach them anything...and having to be stern? I've spoken up countless times to adults hurting their children to kids killing baby birds or hurting cats and dogs. I certainly did not feel bad for scolding or even yelling and I had to yell a few times to get their attention because they were enjoying their acts of violence way too much.

Last edited by Gracey : 22-09-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 22-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Master

@Sarian dont speak about stuff you dont understand. I have been in places where I felt in disagreement with myself. Never did I have to raise my voice when I were in agreement. Clio is not accurate. He did not respect the child, otherwise he would have acted in accordance with both his own and the childs feelings. That is not a simple thing to do. Neither does it help that so many agrees with him for feeling bad. Great people guide him to a place where he is in accordance with his inner being and then support him from that place of feeling great. You all are doing it backwards.

Sure I could stay here and engage in a futile rampage of people who are not in the receptive mode of true wisdom just because I am right. And I am without a doubt. But I would rather just leave and find my own happiness in a place where it exist.

Clio I hope you are wise enough to align with your inner being of happiness, because from this point each time you scold someone you will feel worse and worse until you figure out that it is not you, but your vibrational state that draws in a behavior you are clearly not in accordance with.

The best to all of you!
Old 22-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Master
okay melahin - what exactly would you do if you saw a kid or even a grown up throwing rocks at another sentient being? Just curious.

Old 22-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
okay melahin - what exactly would you do if you saw a kid or even a grown up throwing rocks at another sentient being? Just curious.

I once had a kid throwing LEGO and I was about to get angry, but caught myself in it and calmly asked why he did it. What would you know, he did it because he was frustrated (not because he was bad and needed a scold ). So we talked about how he could handle that rather than throw stuff. The problem in this case is that there is no "aftermath" where the child has any positive ground to grow from. All he has is if I do that I get scolded and that feels bad, so I should probably stop if I desire to feel great. It is just the child probably wont if it is a reaction to a deepere inner struggle, and if you are used to get scolded some actually grow numb. So would it not have been better if there had been some depth where the child could find a better place in itself?

I do remember a kid last summer that some days would start his day by getting into conflict with just about everyone he came in contact with because he was bored. The solution was to talk to him and shift his focus to go out and have fun. He would then spend the rest of the day with no more conflicts enjoying it.

All I am saying is that I have never found that scolding was the right solution. It is just that we sometimes is in a situation where we dont see any other option, though there always is. When we afterwards feel bad it is because we know there were, so we have a desire to find clarity so we can move into a more joyous space.

Did I answer your question?
Old 22-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
I once had a kid throwing LEGO and I was about to get angry, but caught myself in it and calmly asked why he did it. What would you know, he did it because he was frustrated (not because he was bad and needed a scold ). So we talked about how he could handle that rather than throw stuff. The problem in this case is that there is no "aftermath" where the child has any positive ground to grow from. All he has is if I do that I get scolded and that feels bad, so I should probably stop if I desire to feel great. It is just the child probably wont if it is a reaction to a deepere inner struggle, and if you are used to get scolded some actually grow numb. So would it not have been better if there had been some depth where the child could find a better place in itself?

I do remember a kid last summer that some days would start his day by getting into conflict with just about everyone he came in contact with because he was bored. The solution was to talk to him and shift his focus to go out and have fun. He would then spend the rest of the day with no more conflicts enjoying it.

All I am saying is that I have never found that scolding was the right solution. It is just that we sometimes is in a situation where we dont see any other option, though there always is. When we afterwards feel bad it is because we know there were, so we have a desire to find clarity so we can move into a more joyous space.

Did I answer your question?

This isn't a bad answer, but it was far from a direct response to the given situation. Which is side-stepping the reality of it in my opinion. I think that the word scolding was perhaps inappropriately used to describe a person speaking up to serve quick notice to someone whose actions and behavior are out of line with compassion for other sentient beings, like those birds. They could have been injured and if not for Clio speaking up quickly, the kid's behavior could have continued, seeing as nobody else including the mom had no concern for the other sentient beings who feel and can be injured by the thoughtless, perhaps even malicious actions of that boy.

I think you seem to be willing to argue needlessly over semantics here.
That's how I see it, anyhoo.

Have a nice day.

Old 22-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Master

@Silver actually it was a very direct answer with a lot of context. The kid was harming sentient beings, unless children does not count as such (or it literally always have to be rocks). Haha. But there are many things that could be explained here, yet none is about semantics but about vibrations. Still I dont find this to be a very receptive space for such a conversation, so instead of argueing "who is right who is wrong" when neither of us are, I will rather take my leave and enjoy my beautiful life...

...so goodbye SF it has been a fun ride
Old 22-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
@Silver actually it was a very direct answer with a lot of context. The kid was harming sentient beings, unless children does not count as such (or it literally always have to be rocks). Haha. But there are many things that could be explained here, yet none is about semantics but about vibrations. Still I dont find this to be a very receptive space for such a conversation, so instead of argueing "who is right who is wrong" when neither of us are, I will rather take my leave and enjoy my beautiful life...

...so goodbye SF it has been a fun ride

Well, just for the audience's sake, I will argue this once more -- Are you saying that the birds are not worth worrying about as sentient beings and capable of being hurt or killed? Does not a child need to learn not to harm others whether they be ducks, frogs, etc.? I think you're more worried about your own image than about whether these 'others' are worth bothering with and to protect them as well as children - who by the way have much bigger brains and with much more reasoning power. I think the kid will have figured it out by now why someone was concerned enough to speak up to him about throwing the rocks at the birds. Thanks to Clio.

Old 22-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Master

It's a fairly solid bet that a child who grows up thinking it is 'okay' to injure and kill animals - and without receiving any words of censure and correction from their elders - will develop into an adult who thinks it is 'okay' to injure and kill animals.
And they will spend their whole lifetime seeing nothing wrong in injuring and killing animals ....

Speak out against cruelty!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 22-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Guide

I am female Melahin. In Greek mythology, Clio was the muse of history. :)

Anyways, I don't think you should leave the forum over this one thread. That is just silly. If you are worried about our vibrations maybe just ignore this thread for awhile. And I do agree with everyone, we need to speak out against cruelty and injustice! Whether that injustice is done by an eight year old or an eighty year old.