Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 19-09-2016, 12:29 AM
Guide

Yes, I agree. I was worried at the time that she would in turn lecture me about parenting her kid. LOL.
Old 19-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Master

So this is probably going to be my last post on this forum because I find it worrysome that soundingly great, loving and kind people agrees that this is okay, and I want to move to better suited vibrations.

Quote:
scold (skōld)
v. scoldĀ·ed, scoldĀ·ing, scolds
v.tr.
To reprimand or criticize harshly and usually angrily.
v.intr.
To express harsh or angry disapproval to someone.

It literally reminds me of the cult mentally of another forum where pagans did not mind throwing curses at others. This is exactly the attitude that makes children act out of character with their inner being.

For someone that has worked with children in the age 6 - 10 for years. Not only do I find them to be kind, loving and generous in ways that grown ups seem to have lost the capacity for. I also find that I at any moment was in charge of the situation. If a child did not do as I expected, might be that I did neither act in ways that would attract such behavior. So might be it is not the children, but the society that we all are part of creating that is the cause. You might disagree that your rocks don't hurt as much as your neighbors; but as long as you throw them you are part of creating a rock throwing society.

There is no difference in the act of the child and the one you reflected back @Clio_86. That is why you felt bad. You knew that you had just thrown a verbal rock at the child and that is why you felt bad... because if what the child did was wrong (and I am not saying it is), then so was yours in accordance to your own guidance system. I m not saying we never end in these situations. They happen. You ended in it because that is where you are vibrational, so you have to accept that is how it was. You can then either stay there and listen to those who say throwing rocks at others are fine, or you can live up to how you desire to feel at all times.

At least that is what I decide to do from now on. So: sayōnara to you all.
Old 19-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Lighten the heck up, Melahin - wherever you are. I'd say you're just as guilty for chiding and scolding Clio in your last paragraph.

Old 19-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Guide

When I was a kid, and strangers scolded me for bad behaviour, I usually learned my lesson a lot quicker. I don't feel bad anymore and am glad that I brought some peace to the waterfowl. I am sure he would have kept throwing what he could if I did not speak up.

Plus, a quick and half-yelled "hey, don't do that!" is not really unkind. I felt out of place, sure, but I was not super angry or mean.

I'm sorry you feel that way Melahin. Enjoy your new ventures.
Old 20-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator
Melahin, do you honestly feel it's wrong for someone to say to a child "Hey -don't do that!" when he is throwing stones/dirt at some birds?
Old 20-09-2016, 01:21 AM
Gracey

It takes a neighborhood to raise a child. I think you did the right thing. Not doing anything at all is worse.

I actually dreamt about a similar scenario last night.
Old 20-09-2016, 01:38 AM
Guide

Thanks everyone, and you put it perfectly Gracey. It does "take a neighbourhood to raise a child."
Old 20-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio_86
Yesterday I was sitting at a cafe by a river where there are tons of ducks, geese and other water fowl. I was with some of my colleagues having some wine. Anyways, this young boy, maybe eight years old, picked up a handful of rocks and sand and threw it at this large group of ducks and they all scattered away. I was quite offended that he did that and I raised my voice and half yelled to him "Hey, don't do that!"

I felt a bit embarrassed afterward and my colleagues just laughed it off. The child's mother was sitting nearby and didn't do anything or care and the boy stopped throwing stuff at the birds. I feel like I was out of place for scolding the boy but I was also a bit disturbed that he would do that.

Clio_86 - You did the right thing. It's really too bad that the little boy's mother couldn't stress the importance of just observing wildlife and respecting them. Lessons learned don't always come from parents though, so sometimes a caring third party needs to step up and do the right thing. First it's throwing rocks and sand at ducks and geese, later it could torturing animals or hurting a girl on a date. That may be a stretch, but one never knows just how a lack of early training in compassion for life, be it animal or human, can lead to more serious things further down the line. I'm glad you said something, because it made me mad to hear about it. Not sure why your coworkers laughed.
Old 20-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Master
I think you absolutely did the right thing. And I'm glad you did. Too many people sit back and say nothing. My best friend's granddaughter was 'happily stomping ants" one day...her grandfather would tell her 'There's another! Get it". Stuff like even ant stomping bother me...I said "Oh, those poor ants are just going about their day working and eating and they will sleep too... and then a big giant comes and crushes them. Poor ants". She looked at me and then her grandfather and he said they're just ants. I said and we are just humans and I hope there's nothing bigger than I am that will come and want to stomp me just because I'm a human..." I told him I just don't believe in killing anything for the sake of killing.
Old 20-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Guide

Agreed Sarian, I also try to respect all living things. I have a hard time with house centipedes though… not gonna lie. I don't like spiders either but I at least take them outside or let them be.

And blackraven, I think my coworkers just laughed because I am a fairly reserved and quiet person so they were amused to see me react. Although in a perfect world it wouldn't be strange to respect animals and the environment.