Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 08-01-2011, 02:49 AM
andy5

A Psychic or Telepathic Display Wanted

Let me preface this by saying that I am a full believer. What I need to do, is convince some very narrow minded skeptics in my family that psychic and telepathic abilities are real, that good people have them, and that they are not some sort of terrible thing. Personally I am not skilled or gifted enough to do this myself, and they would never believe anything they didn't see in front of them as opposed to a recording online. So, I was wondering, is anyone here gifted enough to somehow, either through a telepathic message, a telekinetic display of amazing ability, a psychic prediction about something that will happen to them soon or something no one else would know, or a visitation by a spirit, I mean anything, at all, demonstrate this ability to them long distance? I have tried every form of argument with them, but they are extremely stubborn. However, I am convinced that a real fantastic show of a paranormal or supernatural skill in their own eyes or minds would be the one thing that could convince them and very much help my relationship with them. So, can anyone do anything, or, is it too tall an order, too impossible given the real skills that I'm sure many of you have or have seen? I wouldn't be surprised I guess if nothing can be done and skeptics must remain bigoted and wrong-minded skeptics, I had just really been hoping against hope that someone talented here could help me out in the name of good.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Master
I understand it can be frustrating to want to get your point across, especially when one is dealing with the closed minded.

My suggestion is instead of trying to prove anything, which they will be skeptical about anyway, just let them be skeptical. That's their truth and their world and their path. Avoid worrying about what they believe and concentrate on what you believe.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:01 AM
andy5

Well, the problem is what they believe very much affects me, because they are my family and they browbeat and emotionally blackmail and bother and stress me out to no end because of their very cult-like sect of Christianity, and it is a major issue. So essentially for me to have a decent relationship at all with my family I have got to do something, and frankly this would really help. I've seen lots of posts from talented people here with amazing abilities-if anyone at all could read this and help as opposed to not when there's a real chance to use their gifts I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5
Well, the problem is what they believe very much affects me, because they are my family and they browbeat and emotionally blackmail and bother and stress me out to no end because of their very cult-like sect of Christianity, and it is a major issue. So essentially for me to have a decent relationship at all with my family I have got to do something, and frankly this would really help. I've seen lots of posts from talented people here with amazing abilities-if anyone at all could read this and help as opposed to not when there's a real chance to use their gifts I would greatly appreciate it.

I like Kaere suggest that it is best for you to respect and honor what your family believes.

This is an issue for you because you can not accept them as they are. The idea is to change your outlook to one that accepts the beliefs of others.

Those who are self empowered do understand how to get along with all ways of being. Is that something that you would consider as an option for yourself?

Thanks,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 09-01-2011, 02:31 AM
andy5

It's not a problem for me because I can accept them. What I am saying is that how they are does not allow them to accept me-if their belief system said live and let live, you do your thing, I'll do mine, I would be fine and dandy. The whole point here is that it does not, and so it involves a great deal of harassment towards me. For the past several years I have had to sit in silence as they have verbally and emotionally had their way because I have been trying to leave them in peace, but they will not stop being controlling and haranguing, insisting everyone else must feel as they do.

So I mean this is why I am asking for help here, there is no other option and I am trying to live in peace-and I am not trying to change their beliefs totally, just convince them to, as you say, leave me alone in mine, which they will not do unless they share some of my beliefs due to the restrictive and controlling nature of their beliefs.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Sangress

I'm probably going to get in trouble for being so blunt and harsh, but I've gone through the same situation you have with my own and other peoples families, so I'm just going to speak it as it is and apologize for any offense I may provoke.

If they are unable to accept you for who you are, then they are not worth putting your energy and effort toward.

Regardless of if they are family or not, people such as that tend to deny things even after they are given proof and if they cannot accept you now, how will they ever fully accept you after they have some form of proof?

If I've learned anything, it is that evidence does not suggest that skeptics will become true believers instantly, with time, or at all.

It usually means that they will react horribly and try to distance themselves from you, proclaim that the evidence given is a trick, a lie or simply accept it and then refuse to speak of it lest it become more real to them.

Why not accept that they are not accepting you and your beliefs and walk your own path regardless of what they think?

Whatever judgments they put to you mean nothing in the end because opinions such as that will never change the reality of the situation.

For example, simply because someone denies the existence of a tree, does not mean that the tree will suddenly disappear or become an illusion.

The same rule goes for the situation your in. They can deny it and refuse to accept it all they like, but eventually reality will catch up to them...or maybe it wont.

If I were you I would let fate decide rather than shoving things in their faces because you are dissatisfied with the attitude they have toward you because of your beliefs.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:30 PM
andy5

Yes. Well, thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it very much, thanks to all of you. And if someone did read this and send positive vibes or something, I thank you, because yesterday they seemed to be in an inexplicably good mood. I can only hope something wonderful has happened and it's not just a fluke. Either way I love your forum and hope to be on it a lot in the future, I am sure it can help me cope with everything.