Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 AM
gami

Repeating Time Digits (11:11, 2:22, etc)

I don't often glance at my digital clock, but when I do, more often than not, I seem to glance at it on minute that all the digits are the same number.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Maybe it is just a trick of the mind. Our minds recognize and recall patterns at a greater frequency than seemingly random strings of numbers. 12:49 or 12:34 ? 6:21 or 5:55 .. which ones stand out? When you see patterned times, there are two things to remember... the numbers (which inherently contain the pattern), or just the pattern by itself (eg. repeating digits). Remembering the pattern is simpler. And even more simpler is just recalling the fact that there was a pattern of numbers.

The thing is, our mind wants to make sense of patterns. "It's a pattern, there must be meaning.. right?" Usually, yes. Our ability to recognize patterns and to form reliable expectations of them is what helps us to understand this world and to survive in it.

The problem is that some patterns are literally meaningless but our mind continues to look for meaning.

But anyways, what are the odds to randomly catch repeating digits on a digital clock?

There are 24 hours a day, but anything over 5 o'clock doesn't work because we only can have up to 59 minutes on digital clocks (7:77 is not possible).

So the possible times are 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55, 11:11.

Maybe 6-8 chances to see the repeating digits in a single waking day of 12-15 hours. Around 1/120 probability to see the repeating numbers in a single day.

I notice people say that they see repeating ones a lot... 1:11, 11:11... makes sense as in a normal day people will have 3-4 chances to see these times (because of the late night), but the other times only have 1 chance to be seen in the afternoon.

I just looked at my clock. 9:36... at a glance, I won't remember seeing that because it isn't a recognizable pattern at a glance. But if I think about it, I can make a pattern... all digits are multiples of 3... and the 9 and 6 are visually symmetrical with respect to the origin and swirling around the small baby digit 3, sheltering it from outside forces.

Does that mean anything? Yes, I have a great imagination!

But really, the meaning comes down to the individual and how much additional meaning they decide to invest into an electronic device beyond its original intended meaning that is to tell you what time it is.

For me, when I notice repeating numbers at a glance, I just think to myself that I need to make a decision on whatever thoughts or matters are with me at that moment or to finally do something on my to-do list that has been bugging me in the back of my head.

And in that way, I grant those random numbers a tiny bit of authority over my life, knowing that it is motivating me to move forward.

But anything else extreme or anything that holds me back would be foolish.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Kaausti

1:11 and 11:11 are numbers I recognize and usually it coincides with some sort of circumstance.

One day a friend shared a Angel Numbers book with me by Doreen Virtue. Oooh, it was so much fun! The belief here is based on Numerology, but, Angels using numbers to communicate with you. Lots of fun!!

However, this is only one use of numbers. In numerology there must be tons of definitions and explanations.

Beyond the use of digital clocks, I've connected to numbers on license plates, receipts, etc.

However, focusing in on the patterns via digital clocks---that's a new perspective for me...and will look out for more findings!! Very cool.
Old 22-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Bigg Nastee

I see my birthday in the time almost everyday. I'm not looking or anything it just happens. 222 is another one I see constantly