Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Master
We domesticated the wolf, probably by taking their pups.. =)
Old 04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Sangress

Quote:
Going way off on a tangent here but .....................
Mankind and the domesticated wolf were probably the first cross-species partnership. Dogs are social, co-operative beings. So are we. But where did that come from ? Who taught who ? Who was the dominant one in the partnership ? We descend from a lemur-like species - shy, timid, lacking in natural defenses. Dog descends from a hunter - aggressive, clever, structured, and possessing many natural defenses. We had intelligence but so did the wolf/dog. They had superior senses, we had a better vision platform. Does it all come down to the opposable thumb ? Did we domesticate the wolf or did the wolf domesticate us ?

It's human nature to seek affection and social contact...etc. If an animal like a canine or wolf was the only thing available at the time you can bet a person will seek them out and bond with them regardless of whether it is natural or not.

I'd say humanity and dogs tamed each other and became part of one another's worlds through forming relationships when both were very young.

As a side note - when I was 4 years old my doggie companion went out searching for me after I'd been taken from my home by a parent without saying goodbye to the dog....he went missing and was found halfway down the coast following the trail of our car. He had been hit by a car from behind because he was only very small and difficult to see.

After that my sisters dog, a close companion of my own when they were puppies, would try to walk all the way to our old house to visit his friend for a further 11 years and each time he got there he would howl until he was carried home. To this day he still does it occasionally (now 16 years of age) even though he forgets almost everything else immediately.

Dogs are very intelligent and emotional creatures. I am not surprised that this dog became so stressed and unhappy when his master died, that he too died.

RIP dig.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Master
The final sad chapter is in my newspaper this morning under the headline "Still by his side". The Man and the ashes of The Dog are being repatriated together on the same plane [dont be embarrassed, it made my eyes prickle too !]
Seems I was right to call them heroes. Together they made 14 finds of bombs and weapons caches in 5 months. R.I.P. soldiers !
Old 05-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Master
THAT IS SO SAD NORSEMAN

DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY .. JUST FEEL SAD .

MAYBE THEY ARE TRAVELLING TOGETHER NOW..THE MAN AND THE DOG.. AS FOR THEM NOW THERE IS NO WAR ..JUST A HUGE FIELD OF FLOWERS AND SUNSHINE..
Old 11-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Master
Final journey

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/b9433cc5.jpg
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Sangress

I saw the story on the news yesterday, they said the dog had a seizure rather than a heart attack.