Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-11-2019, 08:00 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
All your thoughts generate thought-forms. They materialize in your life, and you get stuck with them and their influence until you neutralize them. The more determination and emotion behind your thoughts, the stronger the thought-forms.

Yup. Neurons that Fire Together Wire Together. It might seem like a way to process and relieve negative energy, but in fact it's reinforcing old circuits of negativity and creating new ones.

Compulsive patterns of thought shape who we become. That type of emotional reactivity becomes a literal addiction. This is basic psychology and neuroscience.
Old 20-11-2019, 01:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
I've had this problem for a while, maybe decades. Previously I didn't really have to decide that much as I was just going with the flow, but currently it appears my options are disappearing entirely. I figured my way forward would be to manifest a new life but I can't just get my head around what I would like to do. So, what to do?
Hello D00d - there's a saying "Follow your heart". But if you don't heart-care-like-enjoy anything in particular more than anything else, IOW if your emotional constellation is 'lukewarm or 'tepid' you may not have any clear 'sense' of 'direction' in this regard.

Here's an 'exercise' which may help you to get more in touch with what you do 'care' (i.e. feel 'passion'ately) about:

What would you say if I asked you come up with who were the three 'greatest' people you know. (These could be living or dead, actual historical or purely fictional characters, even 'mythical story' ones .) IOW, who are your 'heroes'?

Then make a list the kinds of personal qualities or purposes in life they all share. Try to come up with at least 5 items for the list. If you come up with less, ask yourself what qualities of life purposes do two of them share that the third one doesn't.

Next make up a chart with the qualities (or purposes) on the left and a scale of one to five on the right and rate yourself (from 1 to 5) as personally having a little (mimimum) or a lot (maximum) amount of that.

Finally, when and if considering any particular option (job, adventure, relationship, book, movie, game ... whatever, ask yourself whether it would allow and/or assist you in expressing your most positive (laubable in your own 'heroic' character value sytem) character and/or enable you to develop and express said character to a greater.

Your greatest personal fufillment will be found/actualized if and as you pursue and exploring such options.