Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 10-04-2021, 11:48 AM
Administrator
The kind of video games you play may have an affect on how you are feeling
i know some kids are causing trouble because they see it on games and think they can get away with it.
until they get into trouble.
Go for a walk in Nature that always helps

Namaste
Old 10-04-2021, 11:55 AM
Master
A walk in nature is nice, but it's not necessarily the solution.

Some of us here believe that 'fighting' is inherently bad and needs to be eliminated, but for some people (not everyone) there can be an intrinsic need to unleash aggressiveness. It can be in a controlled environment against someone else, or a punching bag, or a video game.

People have different personalities. They can't all become passive INFPs. It would smack of matriarchy to think everyone can be or wants to be cute and passive. If you wanna fight than go and fight. Just do it in a controlled environment and with others that wanna do it as well. Perhaps a walk in nature is all you need and your desire to fight is temporary frustration, or perhaps you'd find out it's what you like. Only you can find out and none of us can tell you what works for you.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:28 PM
BunnyJen90

I really wish I could get into martial arts so I can fight in a controlled environment but it's kind of hard right now with everything going on in the world. And yeah I'm the same way kind of can't stand people who are all passive and don't like fighting. Sometimes I wonder if this is because I come from a family that has a long history of being in the military even my dad served for the country though he never made a career out of it and by the time I came along he had long been honorably discharged. It's probably more all the violent TV shows and video games I grew up on.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyJen90
I really wish I could get into martial arts so I can fight in a controlled environment but it's kind of hard right now with everything going on in the world. And yeah I'm the same way kind of can't stand people who are all passive and don't like fighting. Sometimes I wonder if this is because I come from a family that has a long history of being in the military even my dad served for the country though he never made a career out of it and by the time I came along he had long been honorably discharged. It's probably more all the violent TV shows and video games I grew up on.

It's hard now because of the restrictions, but they may still offer training. It's just that distance is kept but you can start with the basics and kick/punch the bags first.

It might be a family thing, yes. If many if one's family are fighters, or entrepreneurial than you grow up in that context and you can even make a case that it's ''in your blood'' (dna). Doesn't mean you express it in the same way of course..
Old 10-04-2021, 09:37 PM
BunnyJen90

Yeah it could be my family history, but I think it's more TV and video games though I don't watch as much TV and don't have much time to play video games these days. Still I grew up on a lot of violent TV shows.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:32 PM
BunnyJen90

I have decided to try and get into dancing. Not quite martial arts but it will at least help me get some energy out. I've found a few good dance tutorials on YouTube but not that many that seem good. Would be nice if I could get into a dance class or even better yet get into martial arts. Also dancing doesn't seem as good as martial arts because I'm not beating people up. But then again it's against the law here to beat others up.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
I have decided to try and get into dancing. Not quite martial arts but it will at least help me get some energy out. I've found a few good dance tutorials on YouTube but not that many that seem good. Would be nice if I could get into a dance class or even better yet get into martial arts. Also dancing doesn't seem as good as martial arts because I'm not beating people up. But then again it's against the law here to beat others up.

So you still feel like you wanna fight, haha. You sound dangerous...

Happy dancing!
Old 12-04-2021, 10:14 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Hello BunnyJen90 !

Tai Chi is actually a dance, and a martial art. It used to be a traditional dance, which has been turned into a defensive art. A dance that can be defensive. Quite the curiosity ! When executed at higher speed, one can get the idea easily.

Maybe "martial" is wrong though. In Tai Chi, there is no such thing as an offensive move, one doesn't strike anything. It is only used for defensive purposes, because when you can defend yourself, why would you need to attack ? Also, it is very nice to look at, and very peaceful to practice.

Old 12-04-2021, 11:54 PM
AbodhiSky

i read about a guy who loved fighting and he always chose to be soldiers and warriors in his incarnations, he was a viking way back when, then modern soldiers as well, and he loved the whole thing and even when his karma was such he would be defeated and killed, he still did not loose his love of wars and combat and fighting so he was given a body with no energy, so low was his energy he struggled to get out of bed, that forced him to be more inward and he grew out of his love for fighting eventually. without a strong body he was forced to pursue other interests.
Old 13-04-2021, 03:21 PM
BunnyJen90

Well I can't remember any of my past lives sadly so I don't know if I was a warrior or not in a past life. However like I said earlier I come from a family with a long history of serving the country on my dad's side of the family so that could be part of the reason I feel this need to fight and have so much energy. It could be a family trait. However, I often feel my high energy is a bad thing mostly because I usually have no way to get this energy out and with so much energy I hate to say it but it's hard to focus. Right now I have so much energy that I feel like I can just keep going but it's also making it hard for me to focus. Maybe everyone is right and this energy is a bad thing.