Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 24-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Pathfinder
Was i in two plains at the same time?

The other night i was awaken to someone pulling the duvet it was the tightness of it around my neck that awoke me, i pulled the duvet back and was scared to look. I havent felt that scared since i was a child when i first remembered AP i was scared as a child cause i didnt know what it was and really freaked me out. The other night though i had a strange feeling come over me i got goose bumps all over me then felt heavy then started to get the paralysed feeling. I did try to shake it off but couldnt i then raised my back which i had no control of and started making the noise when you have something in the back of your throat that your trying to get out i dont remember anything after that until i woke that morning. Do you think i was half in half out of my body on two plains. Like i said earlier i havent been that scared since a child and i dont usually get scared when things happen so do you think i was picking up on the spirits feelings rather than my own. I would really appreciate any help to understand what happened. Many thanks xx
Old 25-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator
Well I'm not quite 100% sure what you mean you experienced. You felt someone pulling the duvet....? Then felt sleep-paralysis...? Then it seemed your back was rising up...? And then you lost consciousness and presumably fell back asleep and next thing you woke up in the morning? Is that what happened?

It sounds, to me, a bit like you had a very brief out of body experience, I guess probably into the Real Time Zone (plane nearest the physical) Now either -it didn't go very far, and aborted, and you came back to body and slept -or you went out of body, lost conscious awareness, and your subtle body eventually re-integrated with your physical during sleep.
Those sorts of hitches can happen to anyone doing AP. They are quite likely to happen to someone just starting to do it, when it's hard to hold focus and awareness. Also ap'ing when very tired, and just basically needing some deep sleep, can cause this sort of thing.
Old 25-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Pathfinder
yes tobi thats what happened sorry i should have worded it better :) it was spirit that was pulling the duvet do you think i could have been experiencing how he died. This has really confused me cause when i AP when i was a child i never experienced this i always felt the paralyis it would always wake me up and i would either go with it or shake it off and ive never tried to do it since then. What i got from this spirit was a male died of drowning and looking for comfort cause he felt alone and scared i think i was picking up on his feelings rather than my own no doubt my own feelings did exasporate how scared i was too. Could the spirit have alarmed me? I am new to all this and only know things from what i experienced as a child. Thankyou for your response tobi it is very much appreciated. There is so much i want to learn and understand and without your knowledge i couldnt do it thankyou sincerely xxxx
Old 25-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator
You are very welcome, though I don't feel I've done very much to be helpful...

When we ap at different times of our lives, our experiences can be very different, simply because we have changed.

I you got a very strong impression of the soul of a man telling you about how he died, and what happened to him, then it is possible you really did encounter him, and he's "stuck" somehow ??

How to help him if you encounter him again? I'm not the best person to ask as I don't have experience in this type of rescue work, but hopefully someone will add to your thread with some good ideas. I think it's best if someone with experience comments.
Good luck, and hope things go OK with this spirit. Blessings.
Old 26-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Pathfinder
When you say encounter him does that mean he came into my body? I keep getting spirits coming that i dont know and it is always at night are they stuck too or do they just want my help? Xx
Old 27-04-2013, 01:55 AM
Guide
Let me give you a quick example of experiencing two "planes" at once.

Sit down...
Now, while keeping your eyes open, think about a time when you were really happy. Try to relive that memory in as much detail as you possibly can.

Now... realize what you just did. You were physically awake, yet you were also experiencing a reality of your own creation via your "remembering" of an experience that happened to you.

This is experiencing more than one "plane" at once.

Yeah, sounds too simple, right? Well, we do this on a constant basis... you're NEVER *just* experiencing this physical reality. You're always on two or more levels at any time in your life.
Old 13-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Pathfinder
Thankyou xanth now i understand what it means to be in two plains at the same time :) Thankyou for the information yes it does sound very simple i do it quite a lot :) thankyou for your help from a beginner xx
Old 13-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn831
When you say encounter him does that mean he came into my body? I keep getting spirits coming that i dont know and it is always at night are they stuck too or do they just want my help? Xx

When we go out of body, often the first place we end up is the plane right next to the physical plane. Not always, but we often do. This is quite a highly-populated place. We are likely to see/hear/sense all kinds of Beings here. Some just hang out there, some are "passing through" (they might have passed from the physical body and are a bit slow finding their level on the astral, for one reason or another)
Some of these are pretty neutral, some have never lived on physical Earth, some are a totally different species, some are animals, some are confused, some are trying any way they can to cling to physical life and experiences, some quite OK and friendly, and some are not....Some spirits are actually trying to either keep us away from the astral, or can even be part of our spiritual learning, that we will gain experiences and strengths.
Whatever....it's like going out into a highly-populated place with little preparation for how things work there, and little conscious experience about how to handle things. Maybe it's a bit like we are 5 year olds hanging out in New York City! With sights, sounds, and encounters we have to learn how to handle.
So we have to use our wits, our senses, be true to ourselves, and -like another contributor on these forums always says -be sensible, look after ourselves, and try not to let fear rule us. The astral is SO sensitive to our thoughts and slightest emotions! Not a bit like the physical plane. So if we sense something poke us in the ribs, and we immediately think fearfully "Oh it must be a demon!" Then we are likely to get very demon-related experiences!
It could be a mischievous spirit....it could be something quite neutral....but if we project our fears onto that experience, we are indeed going to have a bad time.

Also, it's a good idea if you ever encounter another spirit, and anything starts to happen you are unsure of, to keep steady, and simply ask the spirit what it wants....why has it come to see you...etc
Politeness, or at least treating a spirit without fear, and with some respect -as this other person who contributes to the forum has mentioned -is always a good thing to have with you. You never know, such an attitude may lead somewhere quite amazing, and experiences which used to be scary can open out and prove to be enlightening and useful.

Actual "possession" isn't as common as we think. But it's always possible a spirit who hangs around in this zone is someone who is refusing to, or unable to "move on" because of their attachment to physical sensation, or attachment to certain states, or even substances (like alcohol, sexuality, or drugs)- and are trying desperately to get what they crave by feeling things through another person (i.e. the living)
I have not yet met any of these, but they can be there, so watch out.
Yes they need some help. But we might not be able to help them. So all we can do is try to remove the "vibration" within ourselves which attracts such spirits to us. They need to become aware -in themselves -of things they had not yet thought of, and that is something you probably can't do anything about. And the best plan is remove yourself from them, one way or another.
Could you successfully help a drug-addict on the streets? If not, you probably won't be able to help these spirits ether. So give them your unconditional love, your blessings, say a prayer -whatever, and get away from them. Completely shifting your own vibrational level will almost always get you out of their sphere of activity.
Old 14-05-2013, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn831
The other night i was awaken to someone pulling the duvet it was the tightness of it around my neck that awoke me, i pulled the duvet back and was scared to look. I havent felt that scared since i was a child when i first remembered AP i was scared as a child cause i didnt know what it was and really freaked me out. The other night though i had a strange feeling come over me i got goose bumps all over me then felt heavy then started to get the paralysed feeling. I did try to shake it off but couldnt i then raised my back which i had no control of and started making the noise when you have something in the back of your throat that your trying to get out i dont remember anything after that until i woke that morning. Do you think i was half in half out of my body on two plains. Like i said earlier i havent been that scared since a child and i dont usually get scared when things happen so do you think i was picking up on the spirits feelings rather than my own. I would really appreciate any help to understand what happened. Many thanks xx

Really it would depend on your terminology. Two planes to me would dictate that your subtle body is on two different sections of the astral planes at once. Judging by what you described happening I am pretty sure that is not the case. It sounds like to me you were in between different states of mind and awareness. It appears you were having a sort of false awakening while inside of one of your subtle bodies. Regardless though you were likely in the RTZ which isn't really considered a plane. While sleeping you can really transition from different levels of awareness quite rapidly so this is probably what was happening and when you reached a level of subtle body awareness you felt the whole duvet thing happening.