Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

View Poll Results: Are you in a relationship or are you single?
I am in a relationship at the moment. 75 28.85%
I am single at the moment. 185 71.15%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-01-2019, 04:19 AM
Newbie ;)

I'm in a long term relationship with a man I met on a forum, of all places. He moved in with me in 2015. We're rocky right now but we've also been together for three years!
Old 18-01-2019, 02:08 AM
Ascender
I am in a new relationship. He is very interesting and sweet and adores me.
Old 22-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Newbie ;)

I have been divorced since aug last year but have been on my own since March. Although I truly enjoy my new home and village I am living in, building up a new network of friends is hard.
Old 19-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Ascender
I am on my own but frequently visualize having a great boyfriend.
Old 24-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Single.

I find it an interesting topic considering the fact that around 1/4 to sometimes even 1/3 of people (see The Economist) in developed nations stays single and childless. In the past more people found a partner.. in their home village or through arrangements. These days people travel around seeking jobs in different places and having to build up a life elsewhere more than once. That makes social life less a given. You have to work for it, some seem okay with being single and others just hate the whole drama of getting rejected 99% of the times. Most guys hate it. I can’t blame people for wanting to be or stay single. Better be at peace with yourself.. The increase of singleness IMO just shows what has always been obvious.. that a lot of people just aren’t made for monogamy and family duties.

Have to agree with this. Having spent the last few years using dating sites, I've come to realisation that it's best I stop looking. I've had some unpleasant experiences, and it looks like I will be single for a good now. I'm slowly beginning to except that, but I've also lost interest in friends aswell. I feel good about that though, I cant be bothered to make any effort right now. I'm not sure this is healthy long term, but right now I'm happy being on my own.
Old 24-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Have to agree with this. Having spent the last few years using dating sites, I've come to realisation that it's best I stop looking. I've had some unpleasant experiences, and it looks like I will be single for a good now. I'm slowly beginning to except that, but I've also lost interest in friends aswell. I feel good about that though, I cant be bothered to make any effort right now. I'm not sure this is healthy long term, but right now I'm happy being on my own.

I think beyond a certain age the dating apps and sites become pretty much the sole tool of finding a partner,
and dating apps and sites just further illustrate the gender inequalities that are inherent in the human species.
Old 24-02-2019, 10:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I think beyond a certain age the dating apps and sites become pretty much the sole tool of finding a partner,
and dating apps and sites just further illustrate the gender inequalities that are inherent in the human species.

I don't think dating sites are the only option for people my age. I'm fortunate that I live very close to a big city, and plenty of options with online meet up groups to connect with people. All said, people like myself are always going to struggle because I am 'different'. The problem I have right now is my lack of interest.
Dating sites can work if you are prepared to put in the time.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:43 PM
Master
Wow there are a lot of people on here that are single ... I was truly shocked by the stat, to be honest with you. It's funny because when we look out into the world it seems as if everyone is attached.

I'm not single, however in some ways my connection is like being single... Aaaaah the joys of a sacred connection ...
Old 10-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Guide

I was single for about 12 years, but now in my mid thirties, and in a newer relationship. It is an interesting experience to have, since I know so little about it, not having ever dated much, that is not to say, I am not aware of what I want within it. I like knowing that I've grown in many ways since dating last time... lol

I do feel I do better on my own, however.
Old 13-03-2019, 01:06 PM
Knower

I'm in my mid 40's and have been single for 28 years.

I had been on several dates during my 20's and 30's, although they were all finished before they even started, I am uncertain what the future may hold and will easily accept the fact (simply being well adapted) of remaining unattached.

I can't answer the poll, as "Moment" seems like a temporary statement.