Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-11-2022, 04:22 PM
Master

eezi-ulgen …

There’s some nice interaction on my last post in the BEMB thread … the option of the Neville pdf’s and such. You might truly benefit by all of that.
Find Mizz H’s “Feelings are the Secret” on another site and read it. Then try to enjoy getting into it … one issue at a time. Neville has a very good perspective and approach on that very common and useful tactic … and it’s applicable to everything you are pondering. Neville’s covering of consciousness and imagination is extensive … and incredibly useful. Go through a number of his pdf’s and find the common thread. The actual “method” is quite basic … but still takes time to apply … and practice … but many find it rather “easy” compared to the long, laborious demands of the traditional teachings … both eastern and western.

Read a few of his pdf’s … set aside some time to do some inner work … treat it as any other “exercise” in that the beginnings are often questionable but get better with time … and go from there. There is actual “work” … to inner work … but it’s physically passive … and great exercise for the imagination.

< Scroll down a bit and find The Pruning Shears of Revision. That can come in exceptionally handy. >

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 09-11-2022, 04:50 PM
BEMB is Z's other thread.
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=137428

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-11-2022, 11:48 PM
Master

11-9-22B …

There’s a great difference between resisting the Negative Forces and renouncing it. When you resist this dark force - - or what men call evil - - you will give the subject attention and growth. When you renounce evil - - you take your attention from it - - and place your attention where you would rather it be. NOW is the time to control your imagination. You learn to give beauty for ashes when you concentrate your attention on things as you would like them to be rather than on things as they are. You give joy for mourning when you maintain a joyous attitude regardless of unfavorable circumstances. You give praise for the spirit of heaviness when you maintain a confident attitude instead of succumbing to despondency.

This … is advanced living from the inside out. Though many will claim you are fooling yourself and not being responsible to the outer life … there *is* a line where you can do both … the middle path … but you still lean a bit more towards the inner life as this “shapes” the outer. This has to “catch up” with what is going on in your outer life at the moment … and often takes time.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 10-11-2022, 05:33 AM
Master

Ah yes i agree with you. There is a difference between resisting and renouncing. I found knowledge is the key. But for others it might be something else. Focus is everything. in other words, focus on the solution, not the problem.
Old 10-11-2022, 02:46 PM
Master

11-10-22A …

Time after time I signify that such-and-such is a massive key to understanding or that “this” is a huge issue to face or … etc … but once again … I must hint at such importance …

The greatest detriment is … ignorance … not that we’re brainless … but that we simply do not know because of lack of personal experience. Compound this hindrance with our resistance to listening … a topic I hope to soon out into BEMB … Body, Emotions, Mind - and Beyond … and when given opportunity to learn … more often than not by “listening” to something / someone … somewhere … we throw up instant skepticism … or worse … we quickly dismiss.

Please remember … this does *not* make the discovered information wrong … or incorrect … or inapplicable to you … but it simply means … you don’t like it … for *whatever* reason … and the reasons for that is different … and endless … for each individual … and so … you do not allow for that tidbit of information to work for you by choice … habitual or otherwise.

You … are the only one who “suffers” for such rejection.

Yes … I understand that many can make a lot out of the word “suffer” … but … it carries the concept. Substitute any word you wish.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 11-11-2022, 02:58 PM
Master

11-11-22A …

Unhappily for the mind … there are great facets of Existence that just … ARE … or … singularly IS. The prime “facet” … if you can call God that … is God ITSELF. God simply … IS. Mind can analyze IT all it wishes … and does. That alters nothing.

Secondly … the qualities or essence of God ITSELF … Divine Spirit … simply IS. There is a bit of “profiling” to Divine Spirit … recognizing the various aspects or features or levels of IT … the various Forces … pre-energy … all via rate of vibration.

Consciousness just … IS. It is the “intelligence” … the “data” or “knowledge” or Divine Spirit … and these are lousy words to use for this explanation since this is not “formed” into recognizable words or concepts yet. All that is made at a lower level in the Lower Psychic Worlds for us to interact with and learn from.

All of this is conveyed out into all of Existence by way of the visual aspect of Light … and the auditory aspect of Sound.

It is in this way that the Core Creator God ITSELF can be experienced … not as a vision of a Great Being or resounding words … but as Light and Sound … of which there are many, many layers or levels or depths … and the appearance of a Great Entity with body and thunderous voice is more often than not a great Lord or Ruler of the Lower Psychic Worlds.

It’s all part of the discover process.

But these features just … ARE … and no amount of analysis or judgement will make it more tangible for the overall understanding of Existence Itself … the Whole of IT.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 12-11-2022, 02:44 PM
Master

11-12-22A …

We are constantly barraged by those around us and even within our own awareness of multiple approaches to the same issue. Person A says this … Person B says that … and Person C-G just throw in their 2 cents worth for good measure.

I have often suggested that mind complicates … mind loves to find out variables / possibilities / alternates / dissected specifics / enhanced theories / etc.

An exceptionally handy sorting-process is Occam’s Razor … the simplest explanation is often the most reliable. The “razor” aspect comes from “shaving” the multiples from those probabilities that are exceptionally high on the list … or … simplifying the minds tendency to complicate. This is because you make fewer assumptions about the issue at hand. Take the best / simplest solution … try not to plug on all the “maybe’s” and the “how about’s” and the “what if’s” … and stick to the simplest solution to test out and see how it applies / works.

There is the constant preference around us when an issue comes up or we singularly struggle with some internal concern … you can count on “Yeah … but what about … ?” coming up multiple times. If you *don’t* want to find the most probable solution at the moment listen to everyone else radiate away from the initial consideration.

Maybe you don’t want to stake your life on this “rule” but it comes in exceptionally handy in the sorting-out process in your considering how to approach Life’s adventurous issues and perceptions.

Bottom line … don’t complicate unnecessarily.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 12-11-2022, 08:24 PM
Master

11-12-22B …

I should add to the above that this phrase / precept is *not* new … having been coined by philosopher William of Ockham … and the adage can be spelled that way too. He lived 1285 to 1347. “Simplifying laws and principles” were on the upswing back then. He dabbled in “causality” and believed in regular succession … not overly-analyzed and complex complications among relationships of … things.

I had to smile when I was looking for a simple definition of Occam’s Razor … and there was mention of an phrase often used to portray the principle … “When you hear hoofbeats … think horses … not zebra’s” … and I had to laugh. That’s exactly what mind does.

“Hey … HEY … it *could* be a zebra ! “

< If and when you see a zebra appear on the horizon … make revision then. Don’t complicate the anticipation. Don’t confuse the useable possibilities. >

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 14-11-2022, 02:55 PM
Master

11-14-22A …

Let’s run through this again, people … ego is the perception of Self via the mental / sense perceptions. There is nothing wrong with ego unless or until it is overly exaggerated … or demanded preferences take priority over daily life.

The sense of “Self” is certainly a perception of Soul Itself … and although most have yet to experience this … it should not be dismissed … or explained away by melding it to the mental ego.

Ego is … and has been … the scapegoat … the fall guy … the “baddie” of growth. If we don’t like something … blame it on ego. The individual is responsible for the formation and continuation of ego. YoU … are responsible.

Materialism first prevails … then later how we emotionally “feel” takes precedent … and later still … analyzed thoughts., theories, and ideas. We mostly view through the senses … interpreted by our emotional and mental choices or preferences.

But ego is *not* always “bad” … and self-perception is *not* always mental.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 14-11-2022, 04:28 PM
Guide

Yes I agree. Ego is not necessarily bad. For me there is a negative ego and a positive ego.

The negative ego is what I call the Self Hater. It undermines the self by trying to convince us that we are unworthy, separate and unlovable etc.. It is this negative ego that needs to be transcended or transformed.

The positive ego, on the other hand, is the spiritual aspect of ego. It is that part of us that makes us a unique and individual being. As individual beings we are able to be at one with God.

Without the positive ego I don't see how god realisation could be possible.