Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-09-2022, 10:09 PM
Master

Thanks Still_Waters for this thread.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:24 AM
Long time no see, pixiedust. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-09-2022, 03:00 AM
Master

:) ...............

Old 06-09-2022, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Thanks Still_Waters for this thread.

It's great to see you back.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:18 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Teachers often reveal in private what is rarely even mentioned in public lectures or books
Yes and 'true' teachers reveal it only to those who are truly worthy of receiving that knowledge. No matter what lineage or culture the true teacher belongs to, they always test the disciples before passing on their teachings.

Old 06-09-2022, 11:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

Always good to read you and your thoughtful contributions to this forum.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeta
No matter what lineage or culture the true teacher belongs to, they always test the disciples before passing on their teachings.

Farmers select which soil to use before they plant the seeds
Old 08-09-2022, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes and 'true' teachers reveal it only to those who are truly worthy of receiving that knowledge. No matter what lineage or culture the true teacher belongs to, they always test the disciples before passing on their teachings.

You have raised a very good point about TRUE teachers testing the disciples before passing on their teachings.

I recall my second meeting with my teacher after I was very impressed with our first meeting during which she gave me a meditation book.

Although I was a beginner in mediation at that time, I somehow managed to read the entire book in one week and came back the following week with questions. When I entered her presence, I told her that I had read the entire book and had questions.

After a long silence, she stared directly at me and said: "You read the whole book in one week?"

Fearing a quiz, I got uncomfortable and answered weakly, "sort of".

She then asked: "And you practiced?"

I was feeling very uncomfortable by then and responded again: "Sort of".

She then looked at me sternly and said: "PRACTICE. Only then can you ask questions. Now, you may leave."

You can only imagine my reaction to being dismissed like that. My ego was badly bruised and I didn't go back to see her for a while. I would go to the ashram when she wasn't around as I liked the group there but I avoided the place whenever she was there. Eventually, people at the ashram couldn't really answer my questions to my satisfaction and they urged me to come when she was there and ask her. I stubbornly refused saying that I didn't like her.

However, eventually, I decided to test her and ask her questions AFTER I had PRACTICED for a while. I figured that the worst she could do was to dismiss me again. To my surprise, having PRACTICED, she answered my questions far better than anyone else and I was hooked.

In retrospect, her abrupt dismissal of me on my second visit was the best thing that could have happened to me. Without PRACTICE, it's all just talk and she refused to engage in intellectualizing with me about meditation techniques. From that point on, I was hooked for over 30 years and ended up writing the introduction to her meditation book in which I emphasized the importance of PRACTICE as per my own experience.

We still had some turbulent times during our teacher/discipline relationship but, in retrospect, she was the perfect teacher for me even though those "tests" were pretty painful (to my BIG ego) at times.

Obviously, like Yukteswar, my teacher had very few real close disciples. There was a book, Living Women Saints of India, in which she was described as the "No Nonsense Yogini", a description that fitted her (and Yukteswar) very very well.

I could not have found a better teacher.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Yes and 'true' teachers reveal it only to those who are truly worthy of receiving that knowledge.
No matter what lineage or culture the true teacher belongs to, they always test the disciples before passing on their teachings.
OMG...it's not the Guru...it's the student. I've been thinking my friend's guru is an idiot,
because after over 4 decades she is still an idiot.
I thought he was a lousy guru! LOLOLOLOL, hahahahaha.
What a revelation. It all makes sense now.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-09-2022, 01:06 PM
Master
How do forms manifest/materialize ?

"Astral beings dematerialize or materialize their forms at will. Flowers or fish or animals can metamorphose themselves, for a time, into astral men. All astral beings are free to assume any form, and can easily commune together."

This also happens with extraordinary beings who manifest on the earth plane, as I have personally witnessed at the Haridwar Khumba Mela in India.

How are such things possible? What is the real nature of the physical body? Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras give hints.