Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 01-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
However, the seeker won't get anywhere without focus and affirmation. It is this question of believing. Without the "I will" frame of mind it might fail, as you say. "I'd like to do xxxx" won't work. It has to be "I will" and persist.

I'm not sure how one "lets go of energy" in this sense. To me (if I may don an occult hat for a moment) it means don't go looking for results. One of the most difficult things to do. You're affirming away but need to touch very lightly on checking progress!

the letting go of the energy is hard to explain but I know there will be others here who understand what I mean.

Its hard to keep reaffirming and let go of the energy at the same time so I personally dont keep reaffirming. (I guess thou how much one needs to affirm may depend on how naturally strong ones energy and manifestation ability is but for myself reaffirming can lead to doubts of possibly not getting what I want.. weakens my "I will have xxxx" or "xxxx will happen". I dont have to reaffirm as i know it will happen. I state my wish and intent usually just the once and that is it.

The other situation reaffirming used to do is then instead of manifesting something once, i used to sometimes manifest multiples i didnt need or want eg I project out to the universe for something and end up being given 3 of those things within days. I used to sometimes find that funny when suddenly you are offered say something like 3 dvd players by different people (which can be awkward if people have gone and actually brought something for you and u are now rejecting gifts) but its really just shows that one didnt have to put in that much energy. One strong willed wish with intent and right worded thought can be enough. Im not sure how much this depends on the energy of the person though, maybe some need to charge the energy a bit longer.

and yeah that thought framing is extremely important too... get that wrong and you may not manifest at all.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Master
It's kind of like an amazing orgasm....
Old 01-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
It's kind of like an amazing orgasm....

:) I love it when one gets into like the flow of things and you start manifestating thing after thing so naturally and simply and everything all starts falling into place at the same time.

Its such a trip. I once spent several days straight on that trip. It's like being God though at the time I dont remember feeling any ego sense of power.. it just was at the time. All the power just was.. to me.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Thumbs up

I ''know'' things.
This is what I know...that the Universe (I say that for others)....
My Father loves me, adores me and loves showering me with
whatever...My car was just $159 to fix...I mentioned it to a friend,
(how cheap it was) ...and he gives me $150 for no reason...at a very
expensive lunch yesterday.
I tell I friend my pets will cost me maybe $60 to go away for a weekend,
not complaining...just mentioning..and she says..."I'll kick in $50 for that." ( No one else on the trip has any pets.)

I am never surprised because my subconscious core beliefs must manifest externally....that is how things 'work'.

Rock Solid Core Belief: Everything is given to me....God adores me...
(I adore Him and He knows it, btw.)

This is just stuff from the last 2 days...I can't tell here everything that happens ALL the time.

The Universe, You, Creation...is what you believe.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Master
Jeepers, Miss H! Are you sure you don't want to move back to this area! I want to hang out with you...and learn what you know! Maybe it will rub off on me better.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Seeker

The basis of LOA working is healthy self worth. Deep down, we must change our self image and increase love of self.

You are probably trying to attract outer things, but deep down don't believe you are worthy of them or deserve them.

How do you visualize yourself normally with mental pictures?

Before trying to attract outer things , I recommend basic affirmations such as "I love and approve of myself" or "I am beautiful, healthy, strong, young, powerful, loving, harmonious, successful, and happy".

Once you believe these things, which are true, on a gut level, all kinds of miracles will start occurring.

That's been my experience with LOA.

It's the same thing as someone trying to lose weight by going to the gym every day and eating salads, but they can't look in the mirror and say "I love you very much". They will inevitably gain the weight back because nothing fundamental has changed on the inside.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Is-Well
The basis of LOA working is healthy self worth. Deep down, we must change our self image and increase love of self.

You are probably trying to attract outer things, but deep down don't believe you are worthy of them or deserve them.

How do you visualize yourself normally with mental pictures?

Before trying to attract outer things , I recommend basic affirmations such as "I love and approve of myself" or "I am beautiful, healthy, strong, young, powerful, loving, harmonious, successful, and happy".

Once you believe these things, which are true, on a gut level, all kinds of miracles will start occurring.

That's been my experience with LOA.

It's the same thing as someone trying to lose weight by going to the gym every day and eating salads, but they can't look in the mirror and say "I love you very much". They will inevitably gain the weight back because nothing fundamental has changed on the inside.

I thought this was a great post. Feeling like one isnt deserving enough or isnt good enough to be receiving.. certainly does mess with this.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Deactivated Account
I've always been a bit on the fence when it comes to LOA. There are certainly things I've 100% trusted I will get or will happen, only to be disappointed. That disappointment blocks any potential trust that it will work in the future.

On the other hand, I've seen what could be LOA working subconsciously in others. I once knew someone very closely over a number of years who was always negative. She complained about everything, judged everyone, and basically always expected the worst to happen (she actually told me that she would always be convinced something bad would happen). Guess what, it did...she wrote off at least one car per year in a random accident, lost money, got dumped on by seagulls, and many other things. It's kind of a vicious circle because the more negative she was, the more bad things she seemed to attract. It didn't seem like a coincidence because it happened so often to her.

That example, and others, persuaded me that there is something to LOA, but I think it works on a subconscious level rather than conscious. Consciousness is ruled by ego most of the time, it convinces us we are entitled to a million pounds or a promotion or the best seat. The subconsicous is where our true beliefs and feelings lay, as well as our connnection to the Divine. Also, perhaps we are simply not meant to get certain things, they are not part of our path.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Knower
I know that LOA works. Abraham says that it works for everyone, if you know it or not. And that it's not that you "use" LOA because it's already working, you are just allowing what you prefer.

The first time I heard about the concept that thoughts create reality was in primary school when I was around 8. I have very little memory of that particular teacher but I remember so vividly when she mentioned that, Like something hit me inside, like a light, an idea, but I dismissed it because I was born into a very "rational" family and we didn't believe in "non-sense"

When I was about 13 years old I got madly in love with one person. I was very withdrawn child and this person seemed just "too cool" for me and of course nothing happened. But I so wanted this person and one day it just hit me and I felt this warm feeling inside of me and I said to myself that this person is mine. It was just a strong statement and I felt the warmth. I said I don't care when it's going to happen and I don't care because this person is already mine and is really really really crazy about me.

I didn't think that I was manifesting at that time, it was just for calming me down because I was thinking about it too much. And it really calmed me down because I wasn't thinking about it at all after that. I was still very withdrawn but after some time I made huge changes about myself. I was really fed up with how miserable I am and I boosted my confidence so high that I became a totally different person. And when that happened this person fall madly in love with me. I mean really madly. I was completely invisible to that person before and suddenly I was like a huge attractive magnet for this person.

I was wondering how that could be and I remembered that day that I said that this person is mine and madly in love with me. I just made a connection and It was like OMG I did this. Can I make some other things? I had no idea about LOA then. I didn't know there are books etc.

I was 14 at the time and felt so powerful and naive I just went to a new school and I realised that I will not know anyone of my classmates there because I knew that no one from my town is going to be in that class. So I wanted a new friend who would move in my town and I imagined how we would go together in class and how good friends we would be. But it wasn't so much about the visualisation but about the feeling, when I was imagining I felt warmth in my heart. And it was just once. I didn't do it repeatedly.

So all summer everyday I woke up excited and waiting to meet my new friend. I was having fun but I was still in that waiting mode. So nothing happened and the last day before school when I was out and I was just heading home hit me that this thing doesn't work. I was a little disappointed but I started to sooth myself, like I'm OK I will meet new friends in the classroom, It will be fine. And then I got the impulse to take another path to my home. I just said Ok why not lets go with the flow. I met an acquaintance there and with her was a girl that JUST moved into town and of course she was in my class we exchanged numbers, went together to school and became very good friends. Just like I imagined

I learned that feeling good and confidence and being nice to yourself, like someone before said, self-worth is really important. But there is also another "tricky" thing about it. I think it can't happen if you are in that kind of waiting mode. It's like: what you seek, is seeking you (Rumi's quote). Abraham said that you can't find something that you think is lost. So the tricky part or paradox is that you have to kind of let go or be OK if it happens or not. I still learn to do that, but I know that this things weren't accidents. There were several other things that I manifested or rather allowed like that. Some things just hold much more importance to us and they are harder to let go. Abraham also says that you have to be OK with was Is and just hold the good feeling vibe no matter what happens.

It's like an ongoing process of letting go and allowing. It never ends because there will be always something that you want so the best thing that Abraham suggest is that you enjoy the process, that you start enjoying the moulding of energy and don't put such significance on the manifestations/Future but rather on here and now and the fun that you have with it in the moment. You can't feel that something is missing and allow it.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

....there is also another "tricky" thing about it.

Abraham also says that you have to be OK with what Is and just hold
the good feeling vibe no matter what happens.
...enjoy the process....
You can't feel that something is missing and allow it.
Yes, correct.
That's what I did. For newbies here...my old story of..
When the economy was going south here...and I had a high mortgage (I am self-employed)...not once did I 'fret'.
I knew happily that all would be taken care of...each month I would smile when I didn't have the amount on the 1st of the month..
I would talk to God and say.."Don't know how You're gonna do it again...but I know You will take care of this." And laugh!

And each month He would pay my mortgage somehow ...until that
friend up and gave me that $100,000 to simply pay it off...no strings.
(I NEVER complained to anyone ever! Btw.)

But, that constant carefree feeling and knowing it would be taken care of
allowed the opening for it to happen.
Belief is, Oh so important...it must be at your core.

And the process IS fun to watch!
Hope this inspires someone to trust more, have faith...believe all good
can come to you ... even what seems impossible.
Because WAY more 'impossible' things have happened compared to that $100k...because
I believe in the power of knowing/belief/and complete trust.

Doubt or wishy-washy, mixed messages and fear don't get ya much.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru