Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Unhappy I prefer not to live in the 21st Century. Is there something wrong with me?

I'm 18. Don't use a mobile, I buy vintage cars, vintage radios and furniture (we are concerning the 1910's - 1920's period, here). I couldn't care less about social media or what a 'Twitter' is. I despise seeing men and women dressed casually in the street and how everyone looks so unhealthy now. I dress and speak very 'old fashioned'.The early 1900's evokes an odd sense of nostalgia or something similar to it. I find it weird and anti-social how people stare like imbeciles at a handheld brick as if it were a voluptuous woman and fail to physically communicate with each other. When it comes to assignments, I will often hand-write them.

Technology in particular stresses me out badly, especially those relying on connectivity or computerization. I prefer analog and people find me weird, saying how modern technology is so great while I am suffering. It is difficult to find 'vintage' items now a days. It feels like the world (meaning the world of old) has ended and I am having to salvage old relics in order to feel comfortable. Modern buildings literally make me feel sick. My University has some relic partitions (being that it was built in 1921) but the majority of it has become modernized. The plain white atmosphere with computers everywhere makes me feel ill. In some ways, I feel like a walking ghost.

I am not disliking of change, in particular, since I have always hated the modern era and find everything surreal, ugly, and weird. Occasionally I will cry about it, because it makes me feel depressed. As the world becomes more modernized and vintage items decrease in number, I feel more depressed and chaotic about the matter.