Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 14-08-2016, 04:22 AM
Ascender
How do I ask for forgiveness

I have made a huge mistake and I was wondering what are some the ways I could ask a god or goddess for forgiveness. I know it may sound odd to some but I would really like to. Any ideas?
Old 14-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Master
Start by forgiving yourself. You are your own most severe critic.
Old 15-08-2016, 06:16 AM
Experiencer
I echo norseman's post in that it's important to forgive yourself as well. I've had a struggle with this before, where I would be forgiven and yet feel I hadn't completely been, until I forgave myself too.

You could try writing down what it is you're wanting to say. Don't restrain or try to edit it on-the-spot, that will come later. Just get it out in black and white to start. For example; "I hurt Jennifer by saying her religion was pointless and she was stupid to believe in it. I didn't mean to hurt her, I was just upset that she wouldn't stop talking about it. I would like to be forgiven."
It gives an honest statement, which you can boil down to: "I hurt Jennifer because I was upset, and I would like to be forgiven". At this point it's clear that whatever you did caused pain, which you recognize as not being something you want because it didn't resonate with your soul as being who you are. Had it, you would feel it was the right thing to do. Since it hasn't, you can write that down too: "Hurting people isn't who I am, and I was reminded that by seeing what my actions did". Add a followup of what you would like to do: "I would like to be more mindful that my words come from my heart in the future, so that they only inspire joy and love".

At this point you have a statement ready to go that will help you clearly state your message: "I hurt Jennifer because I was upset. Hurting people isn't who I am, and I was reminded that by seeing what my actions did. I would like to be more mindful that my words come from my heart in the future, so that they only inspire joy and love. Please, let me be forgiven." Let it go on into the universe and know that it'll be granted.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 18-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Master

I suggest to try to forgive yourself first by understanding what caused the reactions or whatever you did. There is always some damage to a person themselves which causes people to react in the way they do... ask yourself what is your fear?. If you forgive yourself, then you will be able to feel forgived by others too.
Old 19-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Ascender
Thank you every one. I see that you are right and I have realised this the other day. When I first went to apologise of cores I was over emotional and could not think right. The second time I went to apologise I stated my emotions and my thoughts. Then I realised they were trying to tell me I wasn't really apologising "right". I was just a emotional mess that was on repeat but when I finly realised they ment for me to apologise through my heart and express my words through my heart I understood then that when I did so, it was also through my spirit apologising that I then knew for sure that I was forgiven. Yet another lesson that I was taught that is forever for me to remember.

So thank you all for your help. :)
Old 19-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Experiencer
A beautiful choice of wording, thank you for sharing your update with us and your journey.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."