Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-08-2021, 04:37 AM
asearcher

I've heard these stories before about people remembering they were in a heaven and were convinced, pushed to be reborn when all they wanted was to stay.

I have to too wonder about a friend of mine. Our lives have been the same in lots of ways it is uncanny really. I can't help but wonder if the two of us sat somewhere in heaven and said to one another "Oh, your gonna have that experience...I pick that too".

Honest I have no experiences of having been in heaven except for one time in this life accidently snooping around what was a higher plane of existing to me and got caught, LOL and told not allowed to be there.

My experiences of in between lives have shown me some of my spirits abilities which I then years later was to read on this forum by another member were some of the things one could do. That was to think of a person and suddenly you saw that person, were there, and in the next blink of an eye you were somewhere else. I could too look through materia and people, my request would instant become true. I noticed that if I got too close to humans I was connected to in life I was becoming my old identity and I was in pain and having human feelings in general and in concern for the human being I was then focused on. If I got myself some distance I was sort of "cold" as in neautral watching things happen but not reacting on an emotional level. I could see things were bad but i didn't react. I have found some really strange validations, proof of that, of what I saw - this was lots of years back - when searhing, in files, just as detailed as I remember it so that was personal validation.

could be you have a bigger plan , your mother ship soul that is, and you are just one of the soldiers to get the job done - and this is why you don't feel like reincarnating when you are in heaven, that you don't have the bigger picture, or it could be something else entirely. I just know we are energy and our energy is food for some on the other side.

regardless of rebirth or not i'm trying to be the best human i can be but it is too as if one is walking around blind.

i wish i had the answer on how to avoid rebirth if you don't want it, supposebly not to go into the light then (but then hope you don't get confused or stuck somewhere but know your way around and your gifts)

to finish things I guess, finish things with relationships with some people?? learn as much as you can so you don't need to learn more??
Old 14-08-2021, 05:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
On a side note, I could zoom out and look at this supposed cycle (of reincarnation) and point out that something that is able to end (the supposed cycle of reincarnation) must have had a beginning. which is rarely acknowledged in religions that teach reincarnation.
The Buddhists explain it as dependent origins and/or cause which has foundings in ignorance in conjunction with volition, feeling, craving and and so on, but rather than being a linear causal chain, it's more unitary and broken down into interconnected 'ingredients' for the sake of explanation.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The Buddhists explain it as dependent origins and/or cause which has foundings in ignorance in conjunction with volition, feeling, craving and and so on, but rather than being a linear causal chain, it's more unitary and broken down into interconnected 'ingredients' for the sake of explanation.

Buddhism evolved out of Hindu thought, right? This includes the belief that humans are the species that can achieve liberation and there is a linear path towards incarnating as a human.

Lets take the perspective of one soul...
Suppose an ant is at the bottom of that cycle, what occurred before said soul got the body of an ant? Why did that happen? Also, if it happens to that one soul it means it continues to happen right now to billions x billions of souls as we speak. What is the point of it all?

I'm not really a creationist but when it comes to these things it does have the advantage, provided the creation god(s), after creation, left everything to chance and didn't bother with it any further.
Old 14-08-2021, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Lets take the perspective of one soul...
Suppose an ant is at the bottom of that cycle...
I'm not really a creationist but when it comes to these things it does have the advantage...
Ok...but whataya doin' about not coming back? Anything? Anything deliberately?

And thank you all for participating here, really.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-08-2021, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Buddhism evolved out of Hindu thought, right?
Yep that's probably true, though in those days it was still called Brahama. The defining difference Buddha brought was doing away with God, the perpetual soul and suchlike. Buddha said there are aggregates of feelings and thoughts and the assumed self centre doesn't exist. The 'no self' interpretation has fallen out of favour these days, and they prefer non-self and not-self, but in reading, the same word is used with all those meanings depending on context. For example, the sense aggregates are not-self, and they have no substance (non-self), and there is no entity central to them (no-self). Of course all language shifts meaning with context, so there is no way to determine exactly what a word means since its meaning is derived via the context in which it is used. Scholars who say it really means this or that don't understang philosophy. Indeed, not really understanding is the understanding of the numerous ways in which it could be understood.

The main point Buddhism makes about rebirth is, there is no continuous existence. Everything is momentary, and the notion that a soul endures time is a delusion, so rebirth in Buddhism becomes not a story about what's true in nature, but a story about ignorance and delusion. Hence we are left with the irony that rebirth works in a particular way, but it doesn't really happen - it's about the operations of delusion... or at least, that is one way of understanding it.

I did have a good article about it somewhere - I'll find - which will explain another way of understanding it. http://www.buddhanet.net/nutshell09.htm
Old 14-08-2021, 12:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ok...but whataya doin' about not coming back? Anything? Anything deliberately?
Not to worry about coming back or not, finish what you are here to do and the rest will show.
What the human race is moving into is so much greater than the astral or anything out there is.

Teleportation, telekinesis, telepathy are just the basic things humans will be able to do. You will be part of a galactic community on your level.
no more health problems, money problems.
Old 14-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Rah nam, yup. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-08-2021, 03:23 PM
Administrator
Have to agree with Rah nam

Namaste
Old 15-08-2021, 01:51 PM
Deactivated Account
ain't gonna happen

In reality we have no conscious awareness of what we might do now to try to avoid concluding - after we've kicked our clogs - that we want/need to come back to this dimension for another crack at it.

Oh, sure, we can try to do and be all those things we're told will minimise the chance/risk of our returning but only when we're 'back home' and review how the last incarnation worked out will we be able to judge properly. That's because at that point we will know the details.
Old 16-08-2021, 12:58 PM
Administrator
That is also true Bobjob

Namaste