Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 19-04-2011, 04:24 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Feather
Reading the four descriptions again, I would say I have them all ... BUT for me it feels the same, it is the same channel (ME), for me it is not different abilities, it is more a fine tuning of me sensing more and deeper.

So for me, I'm still just a channel of Love

Defining them doesn't cause any separation or limiting of the elements.

They aren't abilities so much as descriptions of what happens with/for/to individuals. I simplified each for brevity.

Some individuals may exhibit one or more characteristics more strongly than others depending on circumstances.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:25 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
I see them or hear them and feel or smell.. Just depends on how they come to me... the main ones that I see are ghost that won't cross over or are afraid to cross over due to they fear judgement.. I've had a friend's spirit guide come to me and give me a message for him... he wasn't to the point where he could see while awake so they had been coming to him in dreams.. Every Blue moon I will have one come to me to give someone a comforting word but, daily is the lost souls not crossing over.. They communicate with me telepathically but, then I also see them too. while they are sending the message...

Yes I noticed people I keep close to me I can see for.. If something bad is going to happen or is just a possibility I will be shown for them so they have an opportunity to correct their ways or behaviors or shift so it doesn't happen. No my teachers or angels or spirit guides - they help me and also give me information but, others.

Channeling a message for me is when one comes and gives the message using me.. I might be able to hear the message or not.. I had one do a healing before and brought me back out of the realm when it was complete.. Thats interesting..

All The Glory BElongs To God Forever1

OK then, just sticking with the topic thread, how does all that relate to the descriptions I offered for discussion?
Old 29-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Georgia

I see this more as a hierarchy as opposed to indivdual traits.

All psychics are sensitives. Not all sensitives are pyschic.

All channelers are psychics (and therefore sensitives as well). Not all psychics or sensitives are channelers.

All mediums are channelers (and therefore psychics and sensitives as well.) Not all channelers, sensitives or psychics are mediums.

That's how I understand it anyway.

I am a medium.

Great discussion, btw.

-Georgia
Old 29-04-2011, 07:11 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia
I see this more as a hierarchy as opposed to indivdual traits.

All psychics are sensitives. Not all sensitives are pyschic.

All channelers are psychics (and therefore sensitives as well). Not all psychics or sensitives are channelers.

All mediums are channelers (and therefore psychics and sensitives as well.) Not all channelers, sensitives or psychics are mediums.

That's how I understand it anyway.

I am a medium.

Great discussion, btw.

-Georgia

"I see this more as a hierarchy as opposed to indivdual traits."

A 'hierarchy' is generally defined as an arrangements of items setting each above or below another, often in terms of importance, significance or worth. Is that how you see each of the disciplines - evaluated in terms of their relative worth?

I had attempted to get contributors to discuss (with an underlying desire to achieve broadly accepted definitions) rather than to rank the terms I used.

Defining each by comparison with the others isn't helpful.
Old 30-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Georgia

kingdom: Animilia
phylum: Chordata
class: Mammalia
order: Primates
family: Hominidae
genus: Homo
species: sapiens

A hierarchy in this instance does not imply significance or worth, but rather increasing levels of specificity. I think the same is true of the psychic realm. In order to best define any one level of psychic ability, you have to define and frame the entire hierarchy. IMHO
Old 30-04-2011, 08:01 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia
kingdom: Animilia
phylum: Chordata
class: Mammalia
order: Primates
family: Hominidae
genus: Homo
species: sapiens

A hierarchy in this instance does not imply significance or worth, but rather increasing levels of specificity. I think the same is true of the psychic realm. In order to best define any one level of psychic ability, you have to define and frame the entire hierarchy. IMHO

Yes the example you give is one form of hierarchy which is very simple and specific.

Using a similar format, how would you define and frame a hierarchy of psychic and spiritual attributes?
Old 30-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Enya

*signing in* I'm Enya and I'm a medium... I use clairsentience, clairvoyance and clairaudience to work with my spirit teams. I am aware of working on several different levels, sometimes within the same session depending on the level of communication required.

By this I mean I work on the levels of psychic (working with aura), mental mediumship (spirit communication/evidence), light and medium trance (spirit
co-operation/blending), healing (channelling healing spirit energies) and also use divination (tools as focus).
Old 01-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Wyrdsmith

I'm a medium. I receive information about discarnate spirits mainly by claircognizance (just knowing!), as well as by subjective clairvoyance/clairsentience/clairaudience/clairgustance/clairolfactance.

I am also work psychically at times through using tarot and other cards, ribbons, flowers, but this often results in a spirit-link being formed.

When I give philosophy as part of a divine service, I am often inspired by spirit with the words to be given, which flow without conscious thought from me. I suppose some would call this chanelling, I just refer to it as inspired speaking. I trust to the guidance from spirit to make sure the words make sense and are structured in terms of what is needed for a public address.

In writing up my journal, I am sometimes inspired with words of guidance/insight into some issue in my life (especially to do with spiritual/personal development) and they seem to flow onto the paper without conscious thought. I think of that as my higher self/spirit providing me with guidance, another form of channelling.

I have spoken in light trance during development circles, but as to whether that was my higher self/spirit speaking or the influence of another I don't know.

I am also a spiritualist healer and as such act as a lens/channel for the universal energies for the purpose of healing.

I get confused, too, about how all the terminology is used, I don't know if we'll ever get a common language. Perhaps that is the whole point, because a common terminology may reduce the amount of communication done between us spirits-incarnate and sharing our unique perspectives and experiences, but I do acknowledge it would lead to less misunderstanding and sometimes heated debate.