Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 13-04-2016, 12:06 AM
Knower
The Mystic with secrets

Shhhhh..

i.imgur.com/uG2I33q.jpg <--- link

I created this illustration in Photoshop. I hope you will like it.

The story behind this picture : Getting though the dark night of the soul.

A person once told me

"A child mystic told me this was a demon guardian, most are born with them just like guardian angel. They guard little harms to cause greater harm. It grows as we give it thought and energy.

I felt it, you have created a powerful energy

Some doors do not automatically shut, especially when one is a natural born adept.

The place between thoughts

You have strong attachment and a both polarities of feeling towards it. Attraction/aversion

Embrace and accept even the dark, this is where the light transforms

I facilitate a process called "feeding your demons" an ancient practice of Tibetan people to resolve inner conflict. Part of the practice is meditative envisioning of embracing and feeding the demon honey. This turns the demon into an ally by recognizing, naming, addressing, forgiving and accepting. This alchemy transmutes the -ve into a +ve."

Chöd literally means "cutting through". It cuts through hindrances and obscurations, sometimes called 'demons' or 'gods'. Examples of demons are ignorance, anger and, in particular, the dualism of perceiving the self as inherently meaningful, contrary to the Buddhist doctrine of no-self. The practitioner is fully immersed in the ritual: "With a stunning array of visualizations, song, music, and prayer, it engages every aspect of one’s being and effects a powerful transformation of the interior landscape."[22]

Cutting Through the Ego,",[3] the practices are based on Perfection of Wisdom to understanding of emptiness to the ultimate test.[4]
"""""
Old 13-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Knower
Hi I Chill - is the image still there? I tried to pull it up in Safari; nothing.
Old 13-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol
Hi I Chill - is the image still there? I tried to pull it up in Safari; nothing.

i found this:

Old 13-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Knower
Quote:

Hey it works fine from here. I have no problems with "copy and paste" the link into the search bar with my internet browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i found this:

Yup that's it. My masterpiece, artwork.
Thank you H:O:R:A:C:E for posting it.

any thoughts about my artwork?
Old 13-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IChill
any thoughts about my artwork?

color me green with envy.
Old 13-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Gracey

Wow...this picture says more than a 1000 words.
Old 13-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Knower
Ah! Thank you H:O:R:A:C:E.

IChill, this is exciting work.

At first glance, this felt ominous. The smaller figure has secrets and is encircled by this massive, terrifying monster. Gives an overall impression of darkness and torture, maybe even self-torture - or of master and prisoner. On second glance, however, we see the embrace is nearly a hug - and that the monster is not so terrible, possibly more like a pet (look at those sweet eyes, really!) You come to see there is a relationship going on here, and it is not ALL about 'darkness' or 'fear'. It's a bit of a mutual power play. Buddies sparring - ha ha! Lastly, the finger held up to give the 'Shhhh!' comes across as white - goodness, light - not a finger, but a purified soul at the center. That, plus the mandala in the background and the stars makes me feel an overall sense of balance, or at least a desire to be balanced. The fun thing about art is different people project different meanings based on their own perceptions; often, these have little to do with what the artist intended, so that's my take on it. I like it. Well done. More please.
Old 13-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
color me green with envy.

it happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Wow...this picture says more than a 1000 words.

Thanks Gracey, I appreciate your thoughtful words!

Quote:
Ah! Thank you H:O:R:A:C:E.

IChill, this is exciting work.

At first glance, this felt ominous. The smaller figure has secrets and is encircled by this massive, terrifying monster. Gives an overall impression of darkness and torture, maybe even self-torture - or of master and prisoner. On second glance, however, we see the embrace is nearly a hug - and that the monster is not so terrible, possibly more like a pet (look at those sweet eyes, really!) You come to see there is a relationship going on here, and it is not ALL about 'darkness' or 'fear'. It's a bit of a mutual power play. Buddies sparring - ha ha! Lastly, the finger held up to give the 'Shhhh!' comes across as white - goodness, light - not a finger, but a purified soul at the center. That, plus the mandala in the background and the stars makes me feel an overall sense of balance, or at least a desire to be balanced. The fun thing about art is different people project different meanings based on their own perceptions; often, these have little to do with what the artist intended, so that's my take on it. I like it. Well done. More please.

Thank you very much for sharing your vision! What you just said; it fits very well with my artwork/+intentions, you observe it well, which gives me a great deal of courage in the near future to create more and share it with people of interest. Anyway your words makes my artwork feel special and yet important in its own image :)

I am normally not the greatest artist to begin with, but my works are from my own experiences which are relevant for me. I witnesses my inner universe and lucid dreams, since it gives me a good load of inspiration plus motivation to trust my guts and do a well done job - just to try and create it, by pushing myself, - so I can tap into this creativity power in us - it's nice and amazing, time flies away
Old 13-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Knower
Dear old lost friend, higher self.

Well not so long ago, something happened in a dream, and in order for others to mow the truth, they find -- so in my case ;
well i made an illustration of it - artwork

feel free to comment it

Last edited by IChill : 13-04-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 14-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Master
my initial response is: "ominous, repellent, fearful".
these are likely predicated on the conception of my self
as being human, and this creature as "alien", and insect-like.
there is nothing inherently malicious looking about the subject
to my eye, on further view. this creature might be seeking to
embrace it's youngling lovingly.
the creature seems largely "spiritual" in it's composition,
since the body of it seems more transparent than reflective
in the lower regions. the eyes may be transmitting light from
distant stars, rather than reflecting light from behind the viewer.