Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 08-02-2015, 03:41 AM
Knower

Had acupuncture done today

I had acupuncture done on me today due to some shooting pains I've been having in my jaw. I have tmj so this is probably the root cause but also was in a car accident recently which may have exacerbated it. So, I still feel it in a tiny bit but I think it did help for the most part. It looks like I might need to go back. The thing is when they put the needle in my hand it was REALLY painful so I'm not sure I want to go back. If it wasn't for that it wouldn't have been so bad.
Old 13-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Experiencer

Really, I have had Accupuncture many times and never felt it to be a painful procedure at all. Did the accupuncturist use one on those electronic gagets to locate the correct point to insert the needles and did they also pass a minute electric current thru the needles? That is how my guy works and its very effective... You normally need a couple of treatments..
Old 13-02-2015, 06:13 AM
CJ82Sky

i've been going regularly (weekly) for a few months now - maybe 2 or so - and it's made a huge difference. after the first several sessions, i was in so much pain bc my back and neck had been so locked up from multiple injuries, that i literally had no feeling in it. when feeling came back, i started to feel the pain as it (finally) started to heal. it was weird - and painful - to be regaining feeling but over the weeks it's gotten better each time and i had immediately noticed an improved range of motion.

it sounds like you may need multiple sessions - definitely go back if you can! i can't believe the difference it's made for me and I feel so much better!
Old 14-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Checkmate.

May have been the sensitive PC6 spot. Pain is normal it doesn't even need to happen every time. I would still go.
Old 15-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Master
Sometimes the needles hurt going in but it goes right away . I barely felt the 4" ones going into my buns , but the ones in my ears felt like they were going all the way through my ears. The only real discomfort came when one needle worked itself out because it was hooked up to a T.E.N.S. unit (electrical stim) and the muscles contracting and relaxing made the needle fall out.

I love it though; I found a local Curandera that is also a D.O.M. . She's great; I even got Mrs. Chi to go . I'll probably be a permanent patient ; I'm going every two weeks to start, and will probably go once a month when things settle down .
Old 26-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Master
Buy yourself a decent hand held electro-acupuncture device and it's free forever, less the price of batteries. They can go second hand for well under a 100 on ebay.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 08-03-2015, 02:56 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
Really, I have had Accupuncture many times and never felt it to be a painful procedure at all. Did the accupuncturist use one on those electronic gagets to locate the correct point to insert the needles and did they also pass a minute electric current thru the needles? That is how my guy works and its very effective... You normally need a couple of treatments..

Nope. Nothing like that. I definitely will not be going back to this place either. This was outright painful. Aside from that the thing I went in for returned a few days later. I am now getting treated with my chiropractor who does some acupressure(but not acupuncture).

I had acupuncture done several years ago and what that guy did was put a needle in my feet(or foot I can't remember). There was this strange swirling sensation but at least it wasn't really painful(just weird).
Old 27-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Seeker

Some hand points hurt a lot and korean acupuncture does a lot of that hand modality. they created the 4 needle technique which in my opinion works for a little while but not deeply. some patients swear by it but i don't prefer to use it. I'm sorry that it hurt you but not that necessary to do hand points for your jaw. even PC6 doesn't hurt when I needle people though . hmmm…

Don't give up . Acupuncture does wonders where western medicine can't help.
Old 27-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Seeker

please delete double posted.