Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-02-2021, 09:56 AM
Experiencer

A Thought on the Interconnectedness of All Life

It's been a while since I was here, but life has kept me occupied elsewhere for a bit. But I read something this morning and feeling that it so aptly explained my own philosophy, I thought of sharing it here.

The author is Dr. Will Tuttle and his post appears on a blog called One Green Planet. https://www.onegreenplanet.org/anima...vegan-anymore/

The key to inner peace, joy, health, and freedom, not just for ourselves, but for our culture, is questioning the indoctrinated food program we see both around us and also arising within us, and making an effort to quiet our minds so that we connect with the transpersonal dimension of our consciousness.
By going vegan, we create a solid foundation for authentic spiritual progress so that our mind can relax and open to its source, and we can directly experience the truth that what we are is not a mere physical body with a mind and personal history. We are not limited to this accumulation that we self-identify with. We are life itself: eternal, infinite, free, and of the nature of love, joy, creativity, and understanding. Our purpose is to awaken directly to the truth that we are, and to discover and contribute our unique gifts to our world in the brief and precious time that we are here on this planet. When this awakening unfolds in us, we grow to love our life, and to love all manifestations of life, and we see beyond the mere outer forms to the radiant splendor shining within all expressions: people, animals, communities—all are celebrations of one life, completely interconnected and interdependent.

A deeper compassion arises that forever frees us from the delusion that we can ever benefit from harming or using others. Our veganism is no long “veganism.” It is our true nature spontaneously expressing as inclusiveness and kindness for all living beings. We are simply living naturally, and our greatest joy is contributing to the happiness of others.

I was involved in a discussion this morning and in doing a little research to back up a point, I happened to come across this gem which is part of a much longer essay. I think it’s beautiful to tell you the truth and thought I’d share it here. I wonder if it rings any bells for some of you here, as it does for me?
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)