Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 31-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Master
'The sincere call from reality to reality, the sincere call to awaken, comes from a very deep place within us; it comes from a place that wants the truth more than it wants to feel good. If our orientation is to simply feel better in each moment, then we'll continue to delude ourselves, because trying to feel better in the moment is exactly how we delude ourselves.' - Adyashanti
Old 02-11-2016, 12:21 AM
Ascender
"Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and whatever you resist, persists"

~Eckhart Tolle ~

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 02-11-2016, 01:41 AM
Deactivated Account

"I constantly tell people that enlightenment is no guarantee that your life is going to go the way you planned. Life will be much better than it was, but that doesn't mean it's going to go the way you want it to."
-Adyashanti

" To be less than truthful with the people and situations in your life is to withhold the expression of who you are. In the end, we must come to see that truth itself is the highest good, that truth itself is the greatest expression and manifestation of love. Ultimately, love and truth are identical; they are like two sides of a coin. You can't have truth without love, and you can't have love without truth.""
— Adyashanti
Old 04-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Deactivated Account

If you think that people should be nice to one another, then by
all means be nice. But when you project that belief onto the
people and the world around you as if it were an objective reality,
or worse still, as if it were their job to be nice to you, you put
yourself at odds with what is, and suffering will surely follow.

― Adyashanti

Old 05-11-2016, 12:33 AM
Master
“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” - Plato
Old 05-11-2016, 01:25 AM
Everyone automatically attracts to himself just what he is, and
we may set it down that wherever we are, however intolerable
the situation may be, we are just where we belong.

-Ernest Holmes, The Science of Mind, 1926

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Ascender
“If you hang out with chickens, you're going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you're going to fly.”

Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 07-11-2016, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mArIya
“If you hang out with chickens, you're going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you're going to fly.”

Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
Thanks for the links, mArIya, Steve Maraboli isn't someone with whom I'm familiar but I find a lot of truth in what he says Lots of great quotes there, I particularly liked these two:

'I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.'

'People tend to be generous when sharing their nonsense, fear, and ignorance. And while they seem quite eager to feed you their negativity, please remember that sometimes the diet we need to be on is a spiritual and emotional one. Be cautious with what you feed your mind and soul. Fuel yourself with positivity and let that fuel propel you into positive action.'
Old 07-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Master
'The spiritual path doesn't take you away from pain and discomfort - it takes you straight through it.' - Jim Tolles
Old 08-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Newbie ;)

"Let me fall if I must fall. The one I will become will catch me."
- Baal Shem Tov