Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 01-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-esi
Yesterday, Upon the stair
I saw a man who wasn't there
he wasn't there again today
oh how I wish he'd go away!

Halfway down the stairs.
Is a stair.
Where I sit.
There isn't any.
Other stair.
Quite like.
It.

--A.A. Milne

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 01-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
He who is of a merry heart has a continual feast. -- Jesus Christ

Quote:
That would be Proverbs 15:15.
Then, 17:22...a merry heart does good like a medicine.

Thanks MH, as you say 'Proverbs' - written by Solomon. l could be wrong, though..
Old 10-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Master

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

-- Solomon (Proverbs 17:22)

Excess of grief tends to weaken the physical body.

-- Krishna (Mahabharatha )

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 10-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Oh, Krishna quotes! My favorite.

Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer to the sacred fire,
whatever you give as charity, on whatever you meditate,
do it as an offering to Me.

Ch 9 v27

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Master

There is no greater force than awareness. When one increases awareness even a poison can turn into a medicine and with no awareness a medicine can become a poison.

-- Swami Sukhabhodhananda

When life sends you chilies - make chili con carne !

-- Mooji

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 22-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
One of my favorite koans... it can be difficult to contemplate, but it is really striking :

A monk asked Hsueh-feng "How is it when the ancient stream is cold from the source?"

Hsueh-feng said, "When you look directly into it, you don't see the bottom."

The monk asked "How about one who drinks of it?"

Hsueh-feng said, "It doesn't go in by way of the mouth."

The monk recounted this to Chao-chou. Chao-chou said, "It can't go in by way of the nostrils."

The monk then asked Chao-chou, "How is it when the ancient stream is cold from the source?"

Chao-chou said, "Painful."

The monk said, "What about one who drinks of it?"

Chao-chou said, "He dies."

Hsueh-feng heard this quoted and said, "Chao-chou is an ancient buddha; from now on, I won't answer any more questions."

What a wonderful koan ! Thanks for sharing --- especially the part "he dies".

It reminds me of an interaction with my own spiritual mentor, a revered sage from India who just left her body earlier this week on Friday, February 20th.

I called the ashram one day before going to work to find out when she would be coming to NYC. To my surprise, she answered the phone.

When I expressed my surprise ("I didn't know that you were here"), she responded, "You should know".

When I asked her how she was, she responded "I'm dead".

Initially puzzled, I fumbled for words ("...er....er.... I'm sorry, I guess").

She responded, "You should be happy", and then invited me to visit which I did shortly thereafter.

Immediately after getting off the phone, I understood what she meant and, indeed, was very happy.

Koans are interesting but their impact is quite illuminating when they happen in the moment with an awesomely illuminated being.
Old 26-02-2015, 12:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with the world.
What is wrong is in the way you look at it.

--Nisargadatta Maharaj

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Master
"Only through destruction of desire can the deathless state be realised"- Buddha.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 26-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorG3
"Only through destruction of desire can the deathless state be realised"- Buddha.
Luv it!

What is SMIB in your signature?

Old 26-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Master
hey Miss H, SMIB stands for So Mote It Be. Used a fair bit by Freemasonry which I feel I have a strong connection to. Used similarly to Amen and can also be used to wrap up inititiation rites,,,plus other uses/interpretations no doubt. Glad you like the quote

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."