Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 11-01-2015, 07:49 AM
TaoSandwich

One of my favorite koans... it can be difficult to contemplate, but it is really striking :

A monk asked Hsueh-feng "How is it when the ancient stream is cold from the source?"

Hsueh-feng said, "When you look directly into it, you don't see the bottom."

The monk asked "How about one who drinks of it?"

Hsueh-feng said, "It doesn't go in by way of the mouth."

The monk recounted this to Chao-chou. Chao-chou said, "It can't go in by way of the nostrils."

The monk then asked Chao-chou, "How is it when the ancient stream is cold from the source?"

Chao-chou said, "Painful."

The monk said, "What about one who drinks of it?"

Chao-chou said, "He dies."

Hsueh-feng heard this quoted and said, "Chao-chou is an ancient buddha; from now on, I won't answer any more questions."
Old 11-01-2015, 08:22 AM
TaoSandwich

"All verbal teachings are just to cure diseases. Because diseases are not the same, the remedies are also different. That is why it is sometimes said that there is Buddha, and sometimes it is said that there is no Buddha.

True words are those that actually cure sickness; if the cure manages to heal, then all are true words. If they can't effectively cure sickness, all are false words.

True words are false words when they give rise to views. False words are true words when they cut off the delusions of sentient beings. Because disease is unreal, there is only unreal medicine to cure it."

-Zen Master Pai-Chang
Old 12-01-2015, 12:44 AM
I am the Source of everything; from Me all creation emerges.
With this realization the wise, the awestricken, adore Me.

- from The Gita, Ch 10v8, Krishna

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Master

He who is of a merry heart has a continual feast. -- Jesus Christ

If you are happy, happiness will come to you because happiness wants to go where happiness is. -- Harbhajan Yogi Bhajan

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 13-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Suspended

Quote:

Where did Christ say that??
Old 15-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
That would be Proverbs 15:15.
Then, 17:22...a merry heart does good like a medicine.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-01-2015, 09:01 AM

If God's secrets are unknown don't despair.
Behind the mystery-curtain is a love-affair...

-Hafiz

Old 01-02-2015, 03:20 AM
TaoSandwich

"There are people in the world who constantly lecture on scriptures and ethics, who know what is wrong and what is not wrong, what is sinful and what is not sinful, what is offensive and what is not offensive. They are outwardly proper in their bearing, but have not stopped bad patterns in their inner minds; are they able to attain liberation from miseries?

Suppose someone inwardly has full knowledge of cause and effect, and the various conditions for misery and happiness, and he is also proper and mannerly in outward appearance, yet cannot take care of himself and keeps five hundred iron barbs inside his clothes - do you think this person can be free of pain? If people who study the way now are outwardly proper but inwardly do not stop bad patterns in their minds, they will be like this."

-Zen Master Fu Shan-Hui
Old 01-02-2015, 03:22 AM
TaoSandwich

"To 'leave the world' means that you do not let the feelings of worldly people hang on your mind."

-Zen Master Dogen
Old 01-02-2015, 03:23 AM
TaoSandwich

"No matter how bad a state of mind you may get into, if you keep strong and hold out, eventually the floating clouds must vanish and the withering wind must cease."

-Zen Master Dogen