Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-03-2021, 04:13 AM
Master
Visability

A thread about how much of our ourselves is hidden, how much is shown, how much is out in the open exposed to the light of conscious awareness, and parts that aren't. It deals with shadows of shame, risks of vulnerability, fear of being judged, feelings of worthiness and/or unworthiness, self-secrecy and self-expression and more.
Old 25-03-2021, 04:38 AM
Master
I believe we're all made in layers, each layer having a purpose. One layer for the world to see, a layer for love, a layer for hate and so on. In order to become our true self as a whole we need to identify and except each layer.
Old 25-03-2021, 07:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
A thread about how much of our ourselves is hidden, how much is shown, how much is out in the open exposed to the light of conscious awareness, and parts that aren't. It deals with shadows of shame, risks of vulnerability, fear of being judged, feelings of worthiness and/or unworthiness, self-secrecy and self-expression and more.

If you want to meet yourself face to face and smile in joy of your being, isn’t the way to do this, meeting every part of yourself?

I cant hide from myself now, because if I do, my awareness is so in the lead, it kicks my derrière into gear.

I think that’s the place of balance you live as a presence to yourself.

What I don’t show of myself to others, I show to myself, so it’s already sown as a seed of awareness for me to me, the story and emotions is then only my business, the awareness and clarity becomes what I am in the world towards life around me.
Old 25-03-2021, 12:23 PM
Master
Time stretched joy of a child unwrapping his birthday present ... he is aware in ignorance, delighted in the process, uncaring of his etiquette, simply melding with the continuum.

Simply to be.

The searcher searching, anxious, is neither here nor there.

As for worthiness, shame etc., all consciousness contracting emotions arise from delusion, taking over seriously, the mind body as being the all there is to us, as this dream unfolds.

It seems sufficient to celebrate our aliveness, moment to moment, all moments entwined, as we are being breathed by God.
Old 25-03-2021, 06:36 PM
Lorelyen

I don't think of it too often. We have to negotiate our way through "life" i.e. to get things done so we can survive with a few comforts, for which we have a repertoire the limits of which depend on our upbringing and the personality we have inherently emanating from basic drives modified its application through experience. We also have the ability to think on our feet and make adjustments to our parts in interactions if they aren't going according to the direction we hope - some of us do, anyway.

What people see isn't necessarily what we think we're showing anyway, even to ourselves. Aside from delusion being our enemy, we'll change as the moments pass. As a luminary once said to me, every moment of every day is of significance to us. It's up to us how we value (or evaluate) it.
Old 25-03-2021, 10:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Don't judge a book by it's cover so they say. Amen
Old 27-03-2021, 10:11 AM
Master
I think there is good reason to hide away, so I'm not one who says you should be open and revealing etc, and even though it is not healthy to go further and further into the dark hole, it might be a better option at the time. I really wouldn't know. I know about hiding things away in shame and the like and parts get blocked off so you don't function as a whole person anymore, and you'd think there has to be a process of recovery for all that, but it might involve getting worse before it gets any better. I just say 'might' because to me it's all a big maybe.
Old 27-03-2021, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think there is good reason to hide away, so I'm not one who says you should be open and revealing etc, and even though it is not healthy to go further and further into the dark hole, it might be a better option at the time. I really wouldn't know. I know about hiding things away in shame and the like and parts get blocked off so you don't function as a whole person anymore, and you'd think there has to be a process of recovery for all that, but it might involve getting worse before it gets any better. I just say 'might' because to me it's all a big maybe.

It’s a difficult one really.

Even as parts of self get blocked off, people will decide for themselves what it all means. Whether it plays out as stress, ill health or emotional struggles or even behaviours that might not be the best course if action, it’s often very difficult for people to see the whole relationship of these things, more holistically in themselves.

Perhaps each persons process unfolds as they can only manage.

Deciding what’s enough and what’s too much to bear.

I practice what I’m aware I can be as myself healed and willing.

There are many like myself. If those who can be clear and open support others in ways they struggle, it’s an invitation for them to be open. Openness tends to reflect itself, especially when someone is aligned in readiness.

If your path is to be in the light of conscious awareness it’s going to be. That light naturally signals a reflection of openness, which creates a safe means of relating in how another wishes to be in that shared space.
Old 31-03-2021, 08:13 AM
Master
G'day. Just thought I'd get back to where there are 'hiding places' that are not seen or looked into, and maybe not known at all. I'm not going to say it shouldn't be that way because there could be good reason for things being the way they are. However, it is hard to live partially in the shadows and it isn't possible to function well and be truly happy, so ultimately, it is for the best to step into the open a little bit.

I think there has to be something, like what are the good reasons to hide away? And there might be some small change possible that moves in the direction where it is safer to be a little bit more exposed. I don't know about your life, only about my own, and I don't want people to expose themselves uncomfortably in a place which isn't properly safe, so not a lot can be said, but I think it is good to know that there is compassion around which has no judgment or expectations. Then a tiny light of confidence shines, like, 'it's ok'.
Old 31-03-2021, 02:41 PM
hazada guess

I've just come across this Thread and something has urged me to respond.
Just to say that I feel everything is hidden in my life, mainly for fear of being ridiculed.
There is so much ,infact,I would go as far as saying everything is hidden, I don't want to upset the status Quo but I myself know the truth.
Please don't think that I am mad,(I'm not),and that folks is all I will say.