Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-08-2021, 07:05 PM
Master

Maybe we should not always use the word happy and content, and a few others, there are other words peace, balance, harmony. Positive words are not always positive to us. No one is talking about this a goal. To say it is is to misunderstand. This is not about it as being done as a goal which won't work. Treating it as a goal won't work so that part is right. Just wanted to mention this. I'd say don't think it's some goal but don't be afraid to seek (it) or receive.
Old 18-08-2021, 12:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crwydryn
Hello all,

I recently read the Ra materials and felt like everything clicked but I'm not really sure what counts as service to self or others.
For example, I like helping people, motivating people to change their lives, I like to be friendly and welcoming so I put people at ease
BUT
it's not really about them. It's more about me feeling good about myself.

Or I thought I would become a care worker to give back, but at the end it drained me so much that I couldn't take care of my own mental health. My whole life was about work and others.

Or I prefer to be single as I know I couldn't love them as they deserve it, and it's the same reason why I don't have children either. (I have some issues I don't want to burden anyone with)

My thinking is that I am very selfish to put myself first or is it not that bad? What counts as service to others?

Sorry, I hope it makes sense what I'm trying to ask. I couldn't put it in words really.

Service to self simply means, choosing a path of total control over self and others. Ultimately becoming all that is, rather being an equal part of all that is. In other words, choosing the path of the dark.
Old 18-08-2021, 02:16 AM
Master
You’ve realized that helping others is helping yourself, so it makes no difference either way, the other way works too. Help yourself and be a model of what you are. As long as your not emptying your tank, forgetting to move back to self through outward giving, then the path can be beneficial to more than yourself.

In my experience the word service has been identified through different streams of mind and associations. So it often plays a big part in beliefs you ‘should’..be something, be doing something.

When you understand your true nature, it’s a natural inclusiveness that leads as itself.

You live a more true authentic life that fits you.
Old 18-08-2021, 04:13 AM
Newbie ;)

Service to others is not of any importance. Don’t believe in everything you read. If you would like to do service to others, let me suggest that you start by, recycling your trash, saving water, turn of your electricity, smile to people, even if they don’t smile back. Say hello to your neighbor, feed the birds, and care for your body and self. Wear clean clothes, eat healthy food, speak in a polite and nice manner, etc. there is soo many things you can do.
Old 18-08-2021, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi27
Service to others is not of any importance. Don’t believe in everything you read
. Everything you mentioned IS exactly correct. You don't have to put on a super hero outfit to be of service to others.
Old 20-08-2021, 06:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
My thinking is that I am very selfish to put myself first or is it not that bad? What counts as service to others?
You're no good to anyone, including yourself, if you're tired and your head isn't on straight. It's common sense. Do yourself a favour and forget all this 'service to others' stuff because while it's a noble thought it really becomes very silly very quickly. Be happy or at least content and treat people as you'd like to be treated, because that can be a ray of sunshine in someone's dull life. And the next person you smile at as you pass in the street might change their mind about committing suicide because you gave them a moment's brightness. Go talk to the old guy, he's been alone for a week and he'll be alone for the rest of the week.

Recognise what is a service to people and act on that, because when you do it's a double whammy.
Old 20-08-2021, 02:03 PM
Master
Crwydryn:
If you like to understand what Ra tries to say, when he used the terms, STS and STO I suggest you keep on studying the Law of One and it will become clear.
Having a quick look at some of the posts, I come to understand, no one has ever read the Law of One yet comments as if they fully understand STS and STO.

Must be the human conditioning.
Old 20-08-2021, 08:26 PM
Master

Quote:
...My thinking is that I am very selfish to put myself first or is it not that bad? What counts as service to others?

There is no need to seek out any particular profession to be of service, unless you feel a genuine vocation. Simply do whatever you are doing, and people present themselves in your life. Respond to them all with acceptance and kindness.

Peace
Old 23-08-2021, 07:40 AM
Knower

Thank you for the answers for everyone. A lot to think about as recently I became very confused. Questioning everything I believed in, like what if reincarnation and all this "spiritual stuff" is just some collective psychosis to make you more miserable
Or when I watch a video from an esteemed psychiatrist, saying that Jesus was a narcissist...
What the hell?

I'm at the point when I say, to hell with all of it, and I just do whatever I want and enjoy (live and let live is my motto, so no harm for others)

Thanks guys for the replies, it's appreciated.