Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-09-2021, 04:00 AM
Newbie ;)

Interesting

Hi there,
So… what is considered good or bad intentions for wanting to astral project?
Old 13-09-2021, 12:26 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTrovato
Hey Scientific... are you still using Monroe's techniques?

That was the system that accelerated my traveling. Focus levels 12 - 21 were excellent practice for me to go from 10% success to I don't know, near 100%.
The late Monroe used the "quick rollout" at 2:00am.

In the end, we're vibrational beings on a vibrational universe... Therefore it's not about the "intellectual process", or how "hard you try"

If you're not excited about the technique and going out of body - Most likely it won't work Or you just won't do anything at all.

Please, Can you explain the step by step process to all of us?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-09-2021 at 02:38 PM. Reason: 3 sentences when quoting others
Old 13-09-2021, 12:27 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenaMari7
Hi there,
So… what is considered good or bad intentions for wanting to astral project?
You have to be emotionally excited about it.

Have fun and freedom, do whatever you desire to
Old 15-09-2021, 02:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificExplorer
In the end, we're vibrational beings on a vibrational universe... Therefore it's not about the "intellectual process", or how "hard you try"

If you're not excited about the technique and going out of body - Most likely it won't work Or you just won't do anything at all.
Sorry by techniques I meant his goalposts on the focus levels. I might have tried his roll out technique a long time ago but I never needed his OBE techniques as I prefer my own.

For me the binaural beats of the Monroe audios were a huge help to popping out. Once in theta I found it very easy to travel. Training wheels until I didn't need them anymore.
Old 15-09-2021, 03:05 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Sorry by techniques I meant his goalposts on the focus levels. I might have tried his roll out technique a long time ago but I never needed his OBE techniques as I prefer my own.

For me the binaural beats of the Monroe audios were a huge help to popping out. Once in theta I found it very easy to travel. Training wheels until I didn't need them anymore.

Thank you for sharing.

Please can you tell us how much time did you spent with the binaural beats?

Where was your area of practice?

What was your body position?

What were you thinking before reaching theta state?

What was your attitude and emotional state before reaching theta state?

How many out of bodies experiences you were having in terms of %?

Please break it down to all of us. People need that. Maybe your method is better than mine, therefore I will adapt to it!
Old 15-09-2021, 07:18 PM
Master

Quote:

In addition to ScientificExplorer's questions, was there any particular Monroe audio you found most helpful?

I have the digitally remastered Gateway Experience Wave V (Exploring) and Wave VI (Odyssey) CDs, plus the Hemi-Sync collections for Journeys Out of the Body and Out of Body Techniques guided by William Buhlman. I get into the mind awake/body asleep state quite easily and then I get stuck.

Thanks.
Old 16-09-2021, 02:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Just noticed this post. I am interested. Tried many techniques, usually fall asleep.
Old 16-09-2021, 03:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificExplorer
Thank you for sharing.

Please can you tell us how much time did you spent with the binaural beats?

Where was your area of practice?

What was your body position?

What were you thinking before reaching theta state?

What was your attitude and emotional state before reaching theta state?

How many out of bodies experiences you were having in terms of %?

Please break it down to all of us. People need that. Maybe your method is better than mine, therefore I will adapt to it!

--> Sorry for the long post, hopefully it's at least an interesting read!

I was attracted to Monroe for his scientific approach to astral traveling (fyi I'm no longer a Monroe junkie but I can't deny it helped me immensely).

Before going to the Monroe Institute, I had read at least a dozen books, maybe more and spent hundreds of hours trying to astral project. So a lot of time and effort was applied in terms of practice and study albeit with a very low success rate. I don't have a number but definitely less than 10%. I was also scared, the buzzing and popping sounds were alarming to me (which are much less noticeable to me now) so I would get to that point of popping out and snap back in, fully awake, unable to try again. The times I did project, it was very basic such as see my own physical, go to the next room, maybe go down the street.

Why the binaural beats helped me was because I didn't understand the concept of mind awake/body asleep. Maybe others find this easier than I did. My mind is very active so astral projecting was difficult. Had I been meditating more frequently that may have helped. When I looked back at the times it did work for me, I was usually tired or extremely relaxed. When I'm tired, my mind is slow and not filled with running thoughts.

So early on, what worked for me to become more consistent was dozing off before bed. I would read in bed dozing off on a book a few times (nod off, wake up, nod off, wake up), as soon as I was in that space, I would close the lights and focus on letting the body sleep while only keeping a small awareness of my method to project, I can share that process later but I believe the other steps are more important before that.

What the Monroe audio did for me, was brilliant without knowing it. I'll break it down like this:

1. First of all you get the binaural beats which assist you in reaching the theta state. The noises and swooshing are very similar to the sounds and sensations one might experience when popping out, so being exposed to this sound right off the bat becomes very comforting and the jarring sounds of popping out are not as noticeable.
2. The second thing the audio has you do is create an energy conversion box, which is essentially taking all the thoughts you currently have and putting them in a box for now. As thoughts come in, just put them in the box. Very helpful. If you are a seasoned meditator, this step is easy for you.
3. The third thing the audio has you do is resonant tuning which assists you in getting to the theta state as well as quieting the mind further. If you still had thoughts after putting them in the box, the breathing and sounds of the tuning will further assist you here.
4. The final step which is critical to actually traveling, is what Monroe calls a resonant energy balloon and honestly his description is very accurate. I have discovered a step further in my travels and what you are doing is creating a golden energy shell around your physical body and your energetic body. This is the ultimate form of protection in the astral - gold light. If you ever run into trouble, gold light will assist powerfully. I can't stress this enough.

-regarding steps 3 & 4, this is why real Shamans have an easier time traveling (or journeying) as you might be able to understand. The drumming and chanting assists in the theta state and after years of practice, it becomes very easy for them. If you've ever had a soul retrieval done, the Shaman journeying for you will often times describe colors in certain actions they took working on your behalf. We'll call them colors, or frequencies that carry energy that have direct effects on actions in the astral.

A lot of people that can pop out easily (or first timers) often find themselves in the sex pile which one might say is the lowest ring of the astrals. Very safe, very low level. Without the golden energy shell, without understanding how colors can assist you in the astral, you can easily be overwhelmed or worse.

There's a lot more I can say on why some people can travel and some people can't. For me personally, I needed Shamanic instruction to go to the next level. I didn't understand that. Shamefully, I didn't have high regard for Shamanic practice but that was part of my journey. I spent years studying the mechanics of projecting thinking once I nailed that I would be off to the races. While I could "pop out", I couldn't go where I wanted.

iamthat --> I really like William and met him once, great teacher! I have those audios as well. In my opinion the best ones for practice are Free Flow 12 and Free Flow 21. If you're hitting 12 consistently and able to interact, you're half way there. If you are able to communicate at 21, you're pretty much on the launchpad to 27. When you're able to visit 27, the knowledge to visit anywhere you like will be at your disposal.
Old 16-09-2021, 07:07 PM
Master

Quote:
4. The final step which is critical to actually traveling, is what Monroe calls a resonant energy balloon and honestly his description is very accurate. I have discovered a step further in my travels and what you are doing is creating a golden energy shell around your physical body and your energetic body.

Thanks for all the info. I tend to just listen to the free flow CDs, and you have got me thinking that I need to revisit the preparation steps.

Peace