Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-09-2021, 03:46 AM
Master

my 2 cents

there isn't a mechanical/by rote way through. Best you can do is take your best guess moment by moment, and continually re-evaluate your position with an eye toward correcting previous errors. And even that may fail...

I'm saying you have to be involved in what you are doing. The path is specifically designed to defeat people who want to go on auto-pilot.

the powers that be are serious that if you really want to do it you do do it alone. And your progress is mostly a measure of how far you are willling to take it given what others have to say about that and how lonely you might get along the way.

That said summarily discounting what others have to say just on the basis you are going it alone can be dangerous.

Some of the salient points:

Being cold is good. Preferably bathing in cold water but other types of cold may help as well. The goal here is to start sensing what is going on with your body when it is at different temperatures.

also drink lots of water. There are various things you can do with drinking lots of water but probably at the start you want to just hold it in as long as you can...

Breathing is important. You might consider studying eastern breathing techniques. I kinda like that taoist prebirth technique... You might speed it up by mimicing sounds you hear around you. Even sounds in what is seemingly the 'sterile' location of the cities will do and perhaps even more so, because they've been arranged to be useful. Hint: some sounds are better done while inhaling rather than exhaling.

Between cold, breathing, and mimicing sounds you should eventually start senseing things about your body... but even that is dependent on how sensitive you are vs how much you want to just push through things without paying attention to what you are doing. But if you get far enough to see it and you are willing to be excrutiatingly honest with what is going on with you, you will probably be able to see the path to follow. Whether you dare follow it or whether you can follow it without getting lost in one of trillions of traps is up to you though.. Hint: the cherubim with the flaming sword is for real and the popular thing to do is to get brushed off by it and then proclaim that as a 'good' thing. But that only leads to delusion in one form or another...

all that said... I find this sort of thing interesting but I don't think it important enough that I have to follow what I just said at any cost... there is somehow more to life than even something as seemingly compelling as this. Which was maybe the reason they made the path so hard...

But seriously, if you wanna do this for real you are going to have to be ready for the times you have to push on even when you don't feel like it.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakti
Truth is I wasted 10 plus years of my life trying to get here and I need a different path as this aint working.
If you think your Life has been wasted then it sure has been wasted. Maybe you need to start with the basics first because what you have now us not a good beginning. Your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. You used the word 'waste' and you take that as your truth, that speaks volumes about your consciousness. When you start listening to yourself things might start changing.

A first step is better than a jump start, such as working out what you're awakening to and the reasons you want to.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakti
I tried that, went vegetarian for 2 years+, went celibate for 7 months...
I'm not sure if that makes much difference. It could be part of the ethical foundation, I suppose, and everything rests on moral foundations. Since people are usually a bit blocked up, everything feels solid and dense and there is little to no free flow. Progress requires a stable balance of mind which is currently agitated by impatience and frustration, which are underpinned by strong cravings. It is possible to bring the energy up without addressing this, but you need a stable mind which is free of such impurities so you don't run into problems when things open up. This is usually addressed by fairly rigorous meditation practice that cultivates stability of still equanimity of the mind. At the moment you want more, and the craving is pretty strong. This generates impurities along with other issues which are not fully resolved within yourself. You'll need a stable balance to enable these hinderences to 'come through', and all these things are the cause of harboured densities in the lifeform which impede the free flow. As the obstacles are removed the flow moves more freely.