Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 08-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Prokopton

2 things about housework that are kind of cool for me: number one, I have a bit of a project to "Green" the house, make it more energy-efficient etc., which is very in tune with my beliefs, so when I walk around the house now it's like I'm making the environment more the way I wish on a heart level. After that, dusting it is easier.

Second, I have a cool book called "Self-Hypnosis Revolution" which is really about using ordinary activities to power affirmations. I haven't used the method in a while but I just looked the book out and might start again. For example, every time you hoover the floor you can say 'I'm purifying connection to earth'. Makes it a mini-ritual. It always worked better than normal affirmations for me and it also made it more interesting to do housework.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I don't do house work, I pay my sister to do it, she doesn't get much to spend after paying all the bills, so my love is to help her out so she can have some money to spend.

That's a good idea, going to mention it to my brother.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Master
I love to wipe down my kitchen counters. I just love to see them clean .

zipzip
Old 09-05-2011, 06:00 AM
AngelicOrin

I have a deal with my landlord to do the housework in the common areas...its cheaper rent for me, and I am happy when it is clean.
Old 25-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Tuatha

Hi breath ,
What an interesting thread! I work at cleaning other peoples homes and doing chores for the elderly and I find having cheerful music on really does make the time fly. After vaccuming and mopping 7 homes a week , some with 11 rooms my back gets really achey,so the last thing I consider as fun is housework .

If i had to choose one chore that I love , it would be watering my plants both inside and outside , I love seeing them healthy and flourishing. Anything else beyond that is just total drudgery to me.
Old 25-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Master
Smile

Quote:
For example, every time you hoover the floor you can say 'I'm purifying connection to earth'. Makes it a mini-ritual. It always worked better than normal affirmations for me and it also made it more interesting to do housework.

That's not a bad idea, prop. I'm going to try that next time I do something...hmm, I have a fridge to clean, what kind of affirmation will lend itself to that?

Old 28-05-2011, 04:47 AM
Ascender

Silvergirl, you could say to yourself that after your fridge is clean it'll be filled with yummy food!
As for me I love gardening. I just started itt and it's very therapeutic.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Knower
I absolutely agree with you Breath! Lol without question my favourite chore is mopping the house tiles!!! I agree, it is like painting (now that you say that, wow how eloquent, Im a painter too ;) )

I love mopping! there, i said it! :)