Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-03-2023, 10:33 PM
Master
How do we fully recognise

Most often when we are moving through our lives and experiences we come to identify a lot of our reactions and deeper unresolved emotions that sometimes we can’t see or believe are within us.

It’s through life and others, we can learn and grow and bring these reactions to light as a conscious state of self awareness.

One of the more difficult emotions to fully resolve, as I have learned is anger. It’s a tough one, because we know it’s destructive, we know it hurts and harms if that fuse is let go of. So often it’s repressed and held in and down as to not fully resolve its core and never to hurt others.

Until the core of anger is uprooted fully, it continues to leak out in subtle and not so subtle ways. So as you see these moments where it leaks outward, you have to become more vigilant in how it presents itself perhaps?

Where it’s held in, it will find reflections and life experiences that target that core in ways it begins to uproot it.

Sometimes anger plays out in other forms as to avoid the anger itself. Sadly this becomes a form of control, controlling itself and trying to control outwardly life that activates it.

I’ve been here in all this myself.

I had to recognise myself as deep as it’s inception and the relationships and behaviours it created in me.

My question is this?

I’ve recognised as a process ongoing my own, but if your still caught up in this way, how can you identify yourself in this way?

One experience that happened after I addressed my own fully, was that I had to bear witness to the fullness of rage for another. They moved through it fully, because in my clarity I asked the right question, that related to them holding and controlling situations affecting me.

Not all can find safe places to resolve fully these thjngs so it had me thinking..

How can you notice if your not noticing yourself?

How do you fully recognise a destructive emotion to end it ? How do you recognise in yourself when something like anger is done and dusted?

At the core of anger as I’ve learned is deep sadness, grief in some form. Whether it’s rejection, abandonment guilt or shame on the surface, anger as the reaction, grief is the core of its inception.

Last edited by JustBe : 04-03-2023 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2023, 11:58 PM
Ah, you must get the book ''Primal Scream''!
Get back to me when you've gotten into it a bit. :)

Excellent topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-03-2023, 12:04 AM
Master

i guess many people don't like rainy days, so one of the things some would like to do is make it sunny all the time...

some people choose a place to live based on that philosophy too...

but i find seasons fun...

I think it is back to identifying, if you let the rage take over and you lose track of yourself while it is happening that is one thing, but if you can kinda go along with it knowing it isn't the full breadth of who you are, just the way you feel in the present moment, and kind of be awake to it, that is another thing entirely. It goes from controlling you, making you do things that maybe you don't want to do, to something you can participate in and steer.

Kinda like you can still walk around outside and have at least some sense of autonomy even when the seasons are changing or the rain is falling or the wind is howling around you. It is just not what you are normally used to on a day to day basis so you might feel a little 'off'.

You could make yourself stay indoors except on sunny summer days so you wouldn't feel 'off' just like you could try to completely get rid of anger so you wouldn't feel 'off'. That has never seemed smart to me though, if the anger really isn't meant for me I'll eventually outgrow it and what is the point of going to all that effort to try to get rid of it in the meantime? After all wasn't it said, that what you fight with persists? And besides it has meditative uses. At least I suspect so...

As with all 'bad' feelings I personally think it is more a matter of what I want to do to agree with and be agreeable to the things I see others wanting to do (or what I think they want ME to do), than any real reflection on the merit of the feeling itself. Often by persisting in the obstinance of not going along with whatever I've thought others meant by the limitations they share with each other and with me, I've found that very 'bad' feelings can have very 'good' silver linings... at least in terms of the things I've chosen to value.

Along the same lines one of the best things that happened to me was when I found myself unwilling to pay the price to 'overcome' fear... when I realized, somewhat instinctively I admit, that it was much better to sit there and be afraid than to take the path I was hearing everyone tell me to take, and overcome it. I don't feel crippled, or otherwise limited by that... in fact I feel a little more free...

There is a price for trying to obtain 'happy' 'blissful' emotions I suppose but I also suppose that that (what I would call a 'fact') is not well known and totally unappreciated by those who have taught themselves to want such things... I would also suppose though that it isn't meant to be... god was serious when he said we would think his wisdom foolish lol...

I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for, so, sorry... lol...
Old 05-03-2023, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah, you must get the book ''Primal Scream''!
Get back to me when you've gotten into it a bit. :)

Excellent topic.

I’m glad you mentioned this book.

It reminded me of my rebirth in NY where by I’d reached the end of myself of old and was reading for the re entry (point) in my psyche and body. What transpired was a natural ‘awakening into that primal scream) that shook the house down. Lol

I can giggle now of course, but all those intersecting external meeting points aligned me perfectly in what was a very big demise of self and the new call into opening beyond it.

As an experiencer more directly step by step, I see the value in this greatly. It’s part of our ancient primal self lost and forgotten in this crazy world we land in.

Gee others might like to read this as I might just to deepen my own awareness of this.

Thanks ��
Old 05-03-2023, 03:05 AM
Master
@falling leaves.

I liked reading your response. It equates to how you can be with the ever changing nature of emotional reactions. Learn they are not you and sit with them like friends.

As a predominate ‘feeler’ type here, I’ve always felt thjngs as deep as their inception. I’ve always been curious why I’m contained and falling into repeated patterns of suffering caused from my own mind/body response. So I’ve delved deep to end it’s core creation.
I was never looking for bliss or higher creations, but more to end things fully from inner child creations, often skewed ones.

In this way peace leads clear feeling and anger especially becomes assertive and clear in response.
Old 05-03-2023, 05:47 AM
Experiencer

Hi JustBe.

I have also found the stages of grief are a good way to look at a particular issue to see where you are relative to the healing process. Mostly the first stage when lost in an issue.

I think of the first stage of grief as shock and overwhelm. When I am disoriented and struggling to get a sense of order. Feeling panic and out of control. To do it justice I would not call that denial (the common name used for the first stage), it is rather a desperate attempt at creating stability and safety. Emotional survival mode.

One way I get some order is to put a story on what is happening. So I will step back and see how I am feeling and try to put it into words. "Wow I'm really upset about this". Or expand a bit instead of "this", add words to outline the situation in a general but meaningful way.

The story removes the identity problem because it splits away my identity from the emotional intensity. It is something I have, not something I am.

It also splits the emotions from the circumstance. They are really all separate things. So this gives some space to work with. Then I can start to witness the situation instead of being lost in it. And hopefully will see some familiar patterns to work with.

That is just the first step. If someone is new to witnessing themselves it may only be a brief moment of insight that is immediately forgotten as soon as they again remember the situation that got them upset and may fall right back into it again. Another wave comes in.

It really depends how deep the issue goes. Don't panic. Don't judge. Each time it comes back, just do the best I can and look for signs of progress.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:02 AM
Master

justbe

thanks for the feedback... that is interesting you don't seem to want to get blissful or ascend... that always seemed to me like it would be a hard lesson for others to get to...

but i come at it from a different angle. For various reasons I've felt like 'feelings' are like an interface between the self and physical reality. That if I wanted to 'do' siddhis/miracles/superhero abilities/ whatever we want to call it this week I'd have to deal in them directly rather than go along with what others told me the accepted rules were about this or that feeling... so for me 'ending' any given feeling in some permanent way where I feel like it will never be allowed back is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

i also think based on my past life history and what I know about what is going on in general that I would just be lying to myself if I thought I wouldn't have to deal with anything I succeeded in getting rid of in this life all over again in some other life anyway.... so it is kinda like in some ways I might as well just dig in and learn what I can...

but it is like weather I find, some days are sunny and other days not so much... but even on cloudy days you don't have to lie down and just do nothing just because that is the accepted thing to do...
Old 05-03-2023, 07:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
How can you notice if your not noticing yourself?

I remember a class I took in college, in the Forestry Department of all places, but the class was about filters we view the world though. Filters like beliefs and opinions and ideas. World views.

The point was we get a biased and distorted view seeing though our filters. So I was thinking not noticing oneself could make you notice more. Looking without a filter that blocks and distorts.
Old 06-03-2023, 03:20 AM
Master
@ JustBe ~ about recognition, be it thought or instinct or emotion or noticing our moment to moment responses, in my view, in as what worked for me, was and is, simply being in a state of awareness, without calibrating, measuring or interfering with whatever arises and subsides.

Now, our awareness is not constant since it is governed by the Gunas* (*Satva ~ purity, Rajas ~ desire and Tamas ~ inertia) but over time, if we simply keep on looking, witnessing, we become the stillness within each storm. We are centred and then the external is engaged in yet with gusto, zest and zeal but from the fulcrum of nonchalance.

The core essence to this, as I see it, is an unclinging orientation, wherein we embrace and release the flow of life, moment to moment. We are here, not in the past or future. There is no residue.

Continuous contemplative consciousness correction is the ‘method’ I employ wherein this becomes so innate to us that it is adopted unthinkingly.

Let us take anger, as you had mentioned. At an awareness level below Satva, we can easily succumb to sudden rage. However, by being mindful as a way of life, our ‘rebound time’ gets shortened. Thereafter, we simply review the occurrence as it appeared and receded in our mind-body apparatus as vibrations not in alignment with love. We do nothing, simply recognise this without interfering. Over time, whatever vibrations are not fed by us, they disappear.

Looking without assigning ownership to the rising and subsiding of occurrences places us in a stillness continuum. We may say, we as formless awareness are the subject and body the subject. Strictly speaking this too is not true because all such classifications are but thought constructs.

All transient thoughts and emotions have actually nothing to do with our core essence but yet they are here, owing to past momentum, created by us only. It’s like when we switch the ceiling fan off, it keeps rotating for a while before stopping.
Old 06-03-2023, 06:13 AM
Master
[/quote]
It really depends how deep the issue goes. Don't panic. Don't judge. Each time it comes back, just do the best I can and look for signs of progress.[/quote]

Thank you for showing your process winter light. It appears to be a very sound approach and it also offers good insights to understand processors step by step.

I’ve found in the past, the panic and fear tends to overwhelm my process so it kind of confined me in what could be a natural unfolding in feeling, witnessing and just letting it all go.

One of the most difficult processors in my past, has been a layering over of various emotions all intermixed. It was always difficult to find my way through such times. But if anything it gave me tools to move through those times, one step at a time and not get over run by emotions.

In this process, I had to learn patience, trust I would get through and developing understanding, I was much more capable to overcome that I thought previously.

You can’t rush process, it moves through you and it’s done when it’s done.