Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 03-09-2022, 02:17 PM
Master
Sunsign & Romantic Partner

Probably has been discussed before, I cannot recall though.

Books/sites give love matches per sign that should work.
Have you found throughout life that for you this is correct?

For me, Taurus, I believe the recommended good matches are Virgo, Capri, Cancer. Some also mention Pisces and fewer sites Leo.

For me not very helpful, except for the Leo. A fellow Taurus told me some 12 yrs ago that Taurus & Leo can be an absolute great match provided both have done sufficient personal growth. If not, they tend to butt heads.
That opened a new way of looking at things for me.

Looking back I can say that Virgo doesn't work, nor does Cancer. Never had a vibe with a Capri (they're great friends!), and Pisces... doesn't appeal so I doubt it'd be a great match.
I have been with a Leo though, and even though it didn't last, it was a great match in many areas that are important to me.

I've also wondered about Sag, have been with one when much younger. Then I couldn't handle their innate desire to wander off (not sexually or anything) and their free spirited-ness.
But I have grown a lot and also need much personal freedom. Yet I do think a Sag would be a bit too much, hihi.

I try to not dismiss someone based on sunsign, but it is so danged hard! Even someone's Chinese sign, as you can easily calculate that with their age. And Ox and certainly Rat don't go well with my Horse. And of course Ox & Rat are very close in years to Horse :/
Rat & Horse is the worst possible match in Chinese Astrology and I can't help but think of that when I see someone of that year on a dating site. And yes, I then am inclined to dismiss them.

I once heard a dating coach say she used to do the same thing, and then she completely let go of all that and pretty soon after that she met the man she married, and is still married with.
Her advice was to do the same. Yet, I find this so darned difficult to do!

So how is this for you?
And do -or would- you dismiss someone based on their sunsign as a potential partner?
Old 03-09-2022, 07:21 PM
Ascender

My sun is in Aquarius and moon in Libra. My hub's sun is in Leo and moon (I think, I don't know the time of birth) is in Taurus. I had a long term on and off relationship with a Taurus male when I was younger. We got along well, he just had commitment issues. Hubs and I mesh pretty well. We're both pretty hard headed though and sometimes that causes issues. I've never considered or dismissed someone as a potential partner because of sun sign. I did so because of their actions or personality or lack of character.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:44 PM
Master

Our Sun sign is obviously very significant, but when it comes to relationships then we need to consider the whole chart. This is known as synastry, the comparison of two astrological charts to determine areas of strength and weakness in a relationship.

There is a simple introduction to synastry at https://www.everydayhealth.com/healt...hip-astrology/

From this article:

The most important planets/luminaries in synastry are the Moon, Venus and Mars. The Moon rules the emotions and the way each individual responds naturally, ... Venus rules the love nature and determines what type of partner a person is attracted to. The sex drive is represented by Mars, making this planet extremely influential when determining sexual compatibility.

Aspects between the Moon and Venus or Mars indicate whether the two people involved are emotionally in tune with each other. Tense aspects, such as the square or opposition, can put a strain on the relationship, .... Harmonious aspects, such as the trine or sextile, make the interaction easy and comfortable.

And of course the houses are important, particularly if these planets are in those houses pertaining to relationships (e.g. the 5th, 7th and 8th).

Peace
Old 03-09-2022, 08:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Our Sun sign is obviously very significant, but when it comes to relationships then we need to consider the whole chart. ....

I know that, but that's not what I asked.
You also don't and cannot check every person you come across on a dating site. Sometimes you talk for a bit and find out their sunsign and some dating sites actually tell you that in a person's profile, based on the date of birth they filled out.

My question was not "is it a complete picture" but "does it influence you once you know".
Old 03-09-2022, 09:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
You may know that but others may not be so familiar with astrology. It might help them to realise that the Sun sign is just one factor amongst many.

Quote:
You also don't and cannot check every person you come across on a dating site. Sometimes you talk for a bit and find out their sunsign and some dating sites actually tell you that in a person's profile, based on the date of birth they filled out.
Never having used a dating site I cannot comment. But when it comes to meeting people in real life then I wouldn't bother with comparing Sun signs.

Peace
Old 05-09-2022, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
. I understand what you asked, in a relationship you really do need to look at the whole chart. Here's an example. I am a Virgo, Cancer is a very good "relationship sign" for a Virgo. My first wife is a cancer, there was always a lot of tension between us. That's why we're no longer married. My current wife is also a cancer. We been married for 10 years and we still complement each other extremely well. If you like I can get into more detail about this since I have personal experience with it
Old 05-09-2022, 09:07 AM
Master
I don't use dating apps. And no, i would never turn down a potential romantic partner just because of their zodiac signs.