Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-05-2022, 10:23 PM
traceyacey12

Can you be spiritual but feel above those around you?

Can you be spiritual but feel above those around you?

Thanks for your help :)
Old 23-05-2022, 10:52 PM
Master

you can be 'spiritual' anywhere, but you should probably be careful in this. People who consider themselves 'above' sometimes eventually fall for various snares such as having pride in that fact, or thinking that the fact they are 'above' means they are 'better', or culling followers before they even know their own path, or playing various games where they trade on the fruits of their 'aboveness' to get things they want despite how that might hurt others, and so forth...

and also contrary to popular opinion there appear to be a lot of evil beings in the above places, masquerading as good beings, if you start considering that 'above' automatically means 'good' you can get lost easily...

personally I don't have much use for the 'above' places right now, plenty to do down here! But it isn't as if I had much choice either though lol!
Old 23-05-2022, 11:37 PM
Master

I'd say that it happens quite often in some circles, that is how some cults start.
Old 24-05-2022, 12:04 AM
Master
Some are more advanced than others, if you feel like you're above others maybe it's time to become the educator and be looked up to.

Jesus was above others but humble about it, calling his deciples friends.

utopiandreamchild
Old 24-05-2022, 02:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Some are more advanced than others, if you feel like you're above others maybe it's time to become the educator and be looked up to.

Jesus was above others but humble about it, calling his deciples friends.

utopiandreamchild
Good points!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-05-2022, 02:33 AM
Master
Being 'spiritual' does not automatically eliminate human traits, especially in the early stages of pursuing spirituality.

Feeling 'above' others are matters of ego and being judgemental. One can be well into the intermediate 'levels' without either of those being dealt with. This is part of spiritual bypassing.

Feeling 'ahead' of others is based in the false notion that everyone follows the same path. It is extraordinarily rare for two spirits have all the same realizations let alone in the same order. Everyone's path is different, so comparing them is not a valid thing to do.

That being said, its clear, very clear when you know certain things that others do not. That gives the illusion of being more elevated. One need not know anything to be fully spiritually realized, one only needs to 'Be'.
Old 24-05-2022, 02:39 AM
Master

One of the potential pitfalls of the spiritual journey is spiritual pride, the belief that we are somehow special, somehow above others.

It is certainly true that everyone is at different stages of the Path. We are all further ahead than some while lagging behind others. But that should not be a source of pride or self-congratulation. That simply indicates that our little ego still suffers from self-importance, the desire to stand out. Eventually we all learn spiritual humility, which is simply the absence of any pride or arrogance.

The more we learn about ourselves, the more we realise we are no different to anyone else.

The more we let go of our attachment to personality, the less need we have to inflate the apparent importance of the personality.

When we truly awaken spiritually then we are content to be ordinary.

Peace
Old 24-05-2022, 04:17 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
...That simply indicates that our little ego still suffers from self-importance, the desire to stand out. Eventually we all learn spiritual humility, which is simply the absence of any pride or arrogance....

At what point does the ego die?
Old 24-05-2022, 07:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Maybe it's time to understand egoism and how that plays out in Spirituality.
Old 24-05-2022, 08:02 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
At what point does the ego die?
It doesn't, so do yourself a favour and forget those Chinese Whispers as Spirituality. Ego is your "Sense of I am," egoism - an over-inflated ego and what Spirituality could use some understanding of - is the issue.

If you think of yourself as being Spiritual that's your ego at work, if you feel you are above others that's egoism. Since Spirituality says that "We are One" and there is no separation then feeling as though you are above others isn't Spirituality any more.