Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-01-2024, 10:56 AM
Master

Some good advice here R.Porcelain.

However, what stood out for me is when you described all the other people in your life who are having these wonderful spiritual experiences.

I wouldn’t buy in to that if I was you. Many many people delude themselves with so called experiences. Some say it because they want to have one, some say it because they want to look and sound special and some say it because they are just totally deluded. Just concentrate on yourself and don’t believe everything your told. That’s my opinion anyway.

I also see that you have dabbled in a few things and I was wondering if you say a prayer of protection before you begin? If not, I would advise you to do so. Imo

Just my thoughts of course.
Old 15-01-2024, 11:11 AM
Master

Just my two cents, this too shall pass. Everything about life is a coming and a going, a flux of continuous change, everything comes, and everything goes, it is the law of this reality, nothing lasts forever.

Whatever you experience, moment by moment, comes and goes, even if an inner state of being persists for a longer period of time.

Feeling lost? This too shall pass.

If you can observe this, try observe this, you are one step closer to a freedom few have tasted, and what is this freedom?

Pure presence, untainted by whatever comes and goes.
Old 17-01-2024, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
One of the friends that I previously mentioned, when I told her that I was distressed that I didn't have the ability to see the things that she saw, said to me, "You don't want the ability to see these things." The thing is, I do. That's what no one understands; I know the spirit world exists. I know that magick exists. I know that a higher power exists. But something's blocking me from being able to see it— it's probably myself, but I don't know how to un-block myself, or open my third eye, if you will.
I hear that things like meditation help with increasing spiritual awareness/opening the third eye, but I feel like I can't reach a meditative state no matter how hard to try. Whenever I try to meditate, I don't feel like i'm meditating; there's too much noise inside my head and I can't turn it off. I hear things like, "listen to your intuition," or "ask the universe/your higher self/some other force for answers," but the thing is, I don't know how. I don't even know if I have an intuition, and if I do, I can't tell when it's telling me something.
Whenever I experience something that I think may be a spiritual encounter, I (and some of my more experienced friends) tend to think that it's because [insert mundane, logical thing here] happened.

Firstly, seeing things is actually not a measure of spiritual development, some people see nothing but by their life you can see they are advanced, they are balanced, kind, switched on and living in the moment.. Also a lot of people lie or are tricked by their egos, about their experiences, so don`t believe everything you hear people say they have seen. That said, spiritual practices will help you grow, slowly and steadily. You say you cant meditate, that your mind is too noisy. A good meditation teacher will get you by this, what you are experiencing is monkey mind which just needs a few simple techniques and some effort to overcome. You are (with respect) very young and yet you know a lot already, if you put real work in on spiritual practices things will happen, but they have to take their own time. Unknotting the mind to create spiritual growth is a delicate process.
Old 17-01-2024, 11:35 PM
Ascender

If existence is
a) perceived as being one process involving all which is in interconnection and interdependence,

--and this simple initial perception is followed through by

b) being thought truthfull and then
c) being made the personal basis upon which the manner of our personal behaviour is self regulated, ---i.e. with concern that our personal behaviour is as harmonious --to the best of our ability and knowledge--as we are able to make it regarding that interconnection---

Then, by following steps along these lines, we are enabled to become immersed and consciously involved/interconnected with the great wonder of existence because this sense of interconnection as being "part of" provides us with the possibility of becoming able to experience forms of understanding through empathy rather than persisting in the otherwise seemingly illogical endeavour of trying to objectively understand the fullness of existence from an objective point of view because it is not possible to actually be "outside"of existence in order to do so.

I hope the above attempts to explain this process within the overall process are able to be understood.

Cheers. X.
Old 18-01-2024, 10:40 AM
Guide

Spiritual experiences can become another way the mind clings to something too.

Over time it's possible to see how the clinging of the mind can cause a lot of problems. For a while it's natural and even useful - if I hadn't clung to the idea of being spiritual through meditation, I wouldn't be where I am now.

The experiences I had were great - but life becomes a lot more peaceful when the clinging ceases. As someone above said, life is about coming and going, even spiritual experiences, but who we are beyond the mind remains.