Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-05-2023, 02:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
We are not Duality, we are both non-Duality and the creators of Duality.
Advāitīs have been saying this for like ever.
Old 16-05-2023, 02:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I would say yes but the "how" to experience this other world or experience is not a matter of making an effort in a positive type seeking way.
I think the basis of creation is duality. When a child steps into the world for the first time, the first act of reduction he does is noticing 'me' and 'not me'. This act of reduction gives him identity. There is nothing wrong with it. I see no need to rebel against or reject duality. Just becoming aware intellectually as we grow up that there is more to the world than meets the eye should be enough to anchor us productively in duality.
Old 16-05-2023, 04:20 PM
Master

There is a passage in one of the Michael Newton's books where a person is describing entering a human physical body around the time of birth. Michael Newton is a hypnotherapist and he used techniques of hypnotic regression to access hidden memories we all have of the time between lives. So his books are people's memories of the astral world, entering and leaving the physical body and so on.

But anyway the person was describing the complexity of a soul preparing to enter a physical body and part of the process was "tracing the neural pathways of the brain" which to me means the merging or joining that takes place between the body and soul is no small thing. I think it is truly two becoming one for the incarnation.

So I think as far as "duality" we are two living as one. I think we have two natures, "animal" and "spirit." A brain based mind and identity and a soul or spirit based mind and identity. To me, "liberation" or "enlightenment" or "self realization" "non-duality" etc (there are tons of words and ideas and beliefs pointing to this subject) to me this is about the struggle of spirit having a human or animal identity and experience.

Animals are aggressive, self centered, territorial, fight over everything, mates, land, food, etc. My friend has two dogs and they constantly fight over bed areas and toys. Humans do all the same things. In my opinion, soul or spirit could care less about such things. So to me what all of these "spiritual" words are pointing to is to the attempts, and some are successful at it to varying degrees, to have spirit or soul be dominate as our identity and experience, let it dictate our actions and relationships and to subdue our animal natures and mind.

I think that's it in a nutshell. A human incarnation is a struggle or "battle" between two natures we all have. Some lose the battle and lash out at others like animals do, fight and so on, use violence to get what they want. Lose the battle with human desires and habits and so on, can't control what they eat or drink, become addicted to harmful things. Be angry a lot. Put themselves first and not others in all things. All that matters to them is what they get, their pleasure.

Then some struggle to be better people. To love others. To be kind to all. To understand. Have virtues of patience and acceptance and non-attachment, to be open minded. To rise above our self interest and self centeredness. To give up certain short term body pleasures for long term health. To even rise above our own minds, (which is the body mind) and be silent within. Which really means not torturing ourselves or others with our thoughts.

The body mind and it's thoughts and natures does not go away from our experience until we leave the human body so I think we will always have a dual nature. But through things like self reflection, contemplation, meditation, self awareness, spirituality, religion, paying attention in the now, mindfulness, letting go, surrender to a higher power, imagination, non-attachment, non-identification, living in the now, emptiness, etc we can rise above the body's nature and mind. Let spirit be in control. I think this is the whole point of a human incarnation. It's a test to see if we can overcome the body's nature and identity and dominate it in a sense. To have a spiritual experience and nature and not an animal one.
Old 16-05-2023, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
...I also don't believe a good and loving God is involved in our lives down here other than being the source of consciousness itself. I think if a God was aware of the really bad things on earth this God would stop it.
And how would this God stop all the bad things? Wave a magic wand and remove all selfishness and greed and violence from human nature? Clear away all pollution and everything which is ugly and unpleasant?

This would be interfering with human development - I consider Humanity to be a work in progress. The human race in the distant future may well have learned to live together in harmony, but this will be because they have learned the lessons of disharmony, not because some Higher Being has stepped in and removed all the obstacles of learning.

And perhaps there is a whole host of spiritual Beings working behind the scenes to try to influence the direction of Humanity without interfering with human free will. And this spiritual hierarchy is serving the purpose of a loving intelligent Divinity. The human experience on Earth may be just a very small part of the overall scheme.

And to get back to the original subject, the one who knows the Self sees the Self present in all things, both the apparently beautiful and the apparently horrible. The Self does not differentiate, the Self simply is. This is not based on any belief, it is a state of Being which many have attained and described.

Peace
Old 16-05-2023, 06:51 PM
Master

Quote:
It's not hard to experience. Just let go of all your beliefs and all seeking and look and experience without words or concepts or beliefs. It's hard to sustain it for any length of time, for me anyway, but with practice and interest in such things one can sustain it longer and longer.
In the absence of knowing the Self as limitless Being then it is good to make the effort to sustain such an experience.

When we know the Self as limitless Being then the Self is effortlessly ever-present, whatever may be happening in the mind.

This is our nature - no effort is required to be what we are.

Peace
Old 17-05-2023, 06:27 AM
Suspended
Guide

Maisy,I remember my birth and just before...........I fell into my body from falling through dark blackness.

As far as I remember, there was no complex ability about it.
Old 17-05-2023, 11:42 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Advāitīs have been saying this for like ever.
"I have always been here."
Koch,
Vorlon Ambassador to Babylon 5
Old 21-05-2023, 02:05 PM
Master

Here is a link to wiki article on dualism I am posting it so that dualism is not confused with duality in the Non-Duality section.
Old 24-05-2023, 04:03 PM
Master

https://www.quora.com/What-is-dualism-and-duality