Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-04-2021, 10:05 PM
Master
QUOTE 43 EXTRACT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze

In reference to original post has anyone ever heard of Osho's meditation retreat? He often combined movement, and dance meditation with silent meditation.

Although I never met Rajneesh/Osho personally, I did hang out with several of his direct disciples and still have several of his books.

Gurdjieff also combined movement and dance with his meditations. As a matter of fact , I was a close friend with some one who knew Gurdjieff personally and was asked by him to direct his movement meditations. Instead, she became a prima ballerina under Balanchine and I frequently went to dance performances with her.

Dance and movement can be very effective in entering the silence ... with shamanic drumming and movement coming to mind immediately.
Old 22-04-2021, 12:41 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Extroverts as well as thinkers may be deemed less spiritual. The mantra is often to *feel* and *go within*.

Well I'm an introvert for the most part, but I would also consider myself to be a thinker. Sure I feel things but I also think and analyze. I don't believe in looking at anything without also thinking about it.
As for the whole "failures to society". I don't consider myself a failure at all, in fact I think I'm doing pretty good.

Although I relate more to being an introvert, I can tolerate being in groups when I need to and I work with people so I interact with them all day long. I definitely need my alone time to unwind though. My falling away from religion (I was raised a Christian) had less to do with it being group-oriented and more to do with my finding fault with the religion itself.
I don't think that makes me better than anyone, maybe just more open-minded and willing to question things. I don't think making advancements makes a person superior either, just maybe more experienced. People are where they are, nothing innately wrong with any of it.
Old 22-04-2021, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 43 EXTRACT:

Although I never met Rajneesh/Osho personally, I did hang out with several of his direct disciples and still have several of his books.

Gurdjieff also combined movement and dance with his meditations. As a matter of fact , I was a close friend with some one who knew Gurdjieff personally and was asked by him to direct his movement meditations. Instead, she became a prima ballerina under Balanchine and I frequently went to dance performances with her.

Dance and movement can be very effective in entering the silence ... with shamanic drumming and movement coming to mind immediately.

I haven't read his (Osho) books in many years. But i remember him dividing the personality types into three. So i did a quick google search and stumbled upon this: https://www.osho.com/osho-online-lib...8261d93d08a601

It may be of some use on here. To understand and embrace how you function.

I'm definitely the body type.
Old 22-04-2021, 09:38 PM
Master
QUOTE 53 EXCERPT:

Quote:
I haven't read his (Osho) books in many years. But i remember him dividing the personality types into three.

Osho's "Psychology of the Esoteric" was once one of my favorite books. He goes in depth regarding personality types and many other subjects.
Old 23-04-2021, 06:49 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Interesting you say that. Because in every forum i've been in, whenever there was a Myers-Brigg personality type thread, the majority of the people said they were INFP or INFJ with INFP taking the lead. INTP was usually third most common.

Naturally i feel introverts, loners, misfits, and failures in society will be drawn towards spirituality (or internet forums for that matter). Gives them a sense of personal identity and belonging. Spiritual practices can make you feel like you are going somewhere, becoming someone, achieving something. Like anything one pursues whether a job or sports activity. It can get to your head without you ever realizing it.

I so agree with this. I am not a group orientated person so my spiritual path has always been a solitary one. Also because i don't bow to New Age rules or follow the mainstream spirituality. As Joseph Campbell once said: "Follow your Bliss". I also don't need a group to feel empowered, accepted or liked. I simply don't care if people like me or not. I have always stayed true to myself in my spiritual path, but that comes at a very high cost of being alone most of the time, due to people being, well .. people...