Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-09-2022, 10:32 PM
Pathfinder

Are we really supposed to know how/when we're going to die?

Hi everyone. This is actually a burning question that's been on my mind. In my opinion I think that the answer is no. How and when we're going to die is not up to us.
I think that we have life because we're meant to be living it. It's good to care about your safety but I also think that there's only so much of that you want to do too.
On my father's side of the family there has been 3 deaths within 2 years. That's probably why I am thinking more about this now. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 29-09-2022, 04:08 AM
Guide
It's an interesting contemplation.
I hope you're doing well with your family deaths, I've been through that too. I understand life in a different way so it doesn't affect me so much but that loss feeling isn't fun. I hope it has subsided for you.

We can come at this topic from two angles I think:
One is from the position of regular people not knowing when they will die.
The second position is regarding those people who have completed the work and can choose exactly when they will commit to their great samadhi, the liberation.

So I say time is very short. We should probably spend our life focused on becoming the one who will chose to leave rather than succumb to the biological death naturally.

That obviously takes many many lifetimes and a true MahaGuru to show the way as well but if at all possible, focus on life's purpose of self-realization so no matter how our body dies we have greater chances of never having to come back to this nest again.

Very interesting post ReturningMoon :)
Old 29-09-2022, 11:42 AM
Administrator
There is no right or wrong answer to this, because everyone is different
But all i can say I know when I will Die and how

Namaste
Old 02-10-2022, 06:42 PM
Master
I think secretly we know when we are going to die.. reincarnation is the biggest moments of our life… until the soul dies..and maybe we are born again vampires maybe without the need for blood as milk is strong in our worlds..

I know how I’m going to die and die many times throughout my life- at least the body.. fires, sleep apnea, gun , I’ve tasted torture and fear.. only to come back immortal- skin like diamond and healing not to mention the teleportation and jumping.. premature at first albeit but soon after 5000 reincarnations I get the hand of it.. rain and naked bodies running from the police because I couldn’t find no clothes- starting young again each time.. reborn again.. from different mothers maybe.. accumulate a lot of connections including those that murder me…

I think it takes away your grace and innocence knowing but you know just as you know if you’re born you’ll have to die???

Just when is the question???

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 02-10-2022, 07:49 PM
Master
A previous Spiritual Forum discussion:
"Is it all predestined?"
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=144815
Old 05-10-2022, 05:04 PM
Experiencer

Do we choose when and how we die?

It is a common shared belief that all human beings return to the Earth with some sort of blueprint, and that this blueprint prescribes that soul to a particular road of destiny. While true that certain facets of the soul journey are chosen prior to physical birth, the actual outcome of events are not forecast or foretold. This allows free will and choice to take place throughout the physical lifetime, instead of simply being a puppet for your spirit. Most souls accept this reality and find it a very exciting prospect, until they are actually having the human experience, and then they adopt a contradictory outlook, because they think it will make their lives easier.

There are those in the spirit world with access to far superior knowledge and foresight, due to their vibrational state and the roles and responsibilities they are appointed. While in the spirit world there will always appear to be someone who knows far more than you, and can sometimes be quite vague when indulging others with their information. This will be because the soul who is asking the question is not vibrationally ready to know what there is to know, or that they will understand better when they discover the truth for themselves.
When the time comes closer to the end of your physical life term, whether it be from illness, disease or cell degeneration, it will become much more apparent to the spirit world as to the nature of your passing. It may or may not be as apparent to you, unless you are aware of the conditions your body has. Some psychics may claim to foretell the time and means of someone’s passing prior to it happening. In such instances they are tuning into the energy field of that person to translate the potentials that are orbiting their vibrational system. An auric field which harnesses certain energies that form from the thoughts and doings of a person. What can be seen here does not have to come to pass if the individual alters their own destiny through a change of actions. If a condition or imbalance of dis-ease has been allowed to have its way for too long, changes in action in later stages will bring about very little difference in the end result.

The time and nature of your physical passing is subsequently going to depend entirely on how you live your life, how you maintain balance, and the actions you perform at any given moment. There are so many other factors in place, such as the free will of others, or planetary issues, which interweave within your life, which give added unexpected twists to the outplay of events. This is what is it to be a human being.

The only way to predict what your future holds, is to be the one who creates it.

~Sparrow
Old 05-10-2022, 05:19 PM
Master
As human beings we are only living in reflections of what has already happened. Look at stars up in the night
sky and you see the glow of light from a billion or more years ago. We are that same light.

The vase is already cracked it is just a matter of the cracks coming to our attention. There is no past and
there is no future, there is just a play of shadow and light taking place in one eternal moment.

We can experience that eternal moment in meditation when we quiet our mind, watch the shadows that we
call night and the light which we call day, come and go all in the same moment. It is only the creation which is
caught in time.

That which we truly are at our core is timeless. It is neither young nor old. It is eternal, and it has knowledge
which the human mind will never comprehend. That divine knowledge is right within us, beyond words and
thoughts.

Namaste
Old 14-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Enjoy, relax and observe. That is all.

You can be relaxed, lean back and ejoy the show. What is going on in this dream reality, what the mind decodes as the reality, there is no free will and nothing you can decide yourself from the mind thinking. Sounds frustrating for the mind, I know. But thats it.

It is the same like the dream when you sleep. You make no decision. When you have a lucid dream only the mind makes a decision. When you wake up in the morning you go from the night dream (if your mind remembers any) to the day dream. Thats all.

If it would be different we could control the very basic things as the heartbeat, breathing or the moment when we fall asleep.

Don't be worried by any questions that the mind brings up. Tell the thoughts that they are welcome to be here but you are not identify yourself with them. Soon or later they are not going to bother you anymore. And then you are free!
Old 14-10-2022, 01:27 PM
abigailstarr

Almost nobody knows, and nobody wants to. Anything else is a lie.

There are a few circumstances where you KNOW you are going to die;

* terminal illness
* suicidal
* victim of a terrible crime
* a soldier in a terrible situation
* victim of a plane crash or shipwreck

Nobody wants to die. It is against our being.
Old 14-10-2022, 05:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigailstarr
Almost nobody knows, and nobody wants to. Anything else is a lie. ... Nobody wants to die. It is against our being.
This is your perspective but maybe others feel differently.

Given that the death of the physical body is inevitable then there is no point in denying this event we are all heading towards. It makes more sense to learn as much as we can about the nature of death. Death is not against our being - it is a natural part of life.

When we are young death is our enemy, to be avoided as long as possible. When we are old death becomes a friend who releases us from the ever-increasing limitations of our physical body.

Old age often reduces the fear of death and lessens our resistance to dying. Even the person who has no understanding of the possibilities of the afterlife may end up welcoming the release provided by death.

It is only human ignorance which makes people so afraid of death.

Peace