Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-12-2022, 06:35 AM
Experiencer

For me to meditate is to realise that one is always in a state of meditation.
Old 20-01-2023, 12:25 PM
Master
If meditation is a means to get away from life it is an escapism. Those are never healthy and are indicative of not being happy in life, not solid on your two feet, maybe not properly anchored in your body.

Meditation can be too much if you're a beginner as it can shift a lot -depending on what you do- and then your body and energy systems need time to incorporate and adjust to the shifts.

As for the rest, not really. Many dedicated meditators make time to meditate. Many get up an hour earlier. Even someone as busy as Joe Dispenza, but Asian people did this too: get up early to have time for meditation before daily life begins.
Many Asians used to meditate every day and if not mistaken these days the Japanese incorporate it during the day in offices. I believe they make time for movement (Qi Gong like) and I think also meditation.
Not certain, but I think I've seen/ read them doing that at schools even as it helps overall health & well-being.

I have been meditating daily now since the beginning of December 2022, and when I miss a day (happened a few times) I notice an immediate drop in vibration and I also miss it. Even though I sometimes don't feel like doing it -we're all so busy, aren't we, hihi- but if I don't, I miss it. I'm beginning to really like it more and more!

But when I was a beginner some 17 yrs ago I could do too much, yes. Then you have to give your body time to adjust. But then in my case it were 6 hour energywork days, 7 days on end. A turbo course, so entirely different from "a meditation" which is typically half an hour on average. I actually doubt this should be the cause of any side-effects.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:03 PM
Knower

I think you can meditate too much. But what too much means differs
*from person to person,
*based on time period in life
*based on what your life needs and expects from you
*depends on your driver /reason for it

I feel all of the above are important aspects to consider. But to simplify it, ultimately I feel it boils down to the last point most of all. WHY are you meditating?

Is it to keep yourself balanced? Then good.
Is it to give yourself some much needed peace or R&R? Then good.
Is it to avoid doing something important? Then not so good - meditate a shorter amount of time, but then get to it!
Old 04-02-2023, 08:06 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
For me to meditate is to realise that one is always in a state of meditation.

No doubt some people are always in a state of meditation - but as I noticed the other day, driving long distances while short on sleep is not a good time for attention to drift away from the physical plane.

So I focus on the task in hand. Sometimes that requires attention on the higher levels of the mental plane and sometimes it requires very close attention to the dense physical levels - and I have survived so far.
Old 28-02-2023, 09:26 PM
Seeker

In my opinion, no. Some people have been able to solve very complex problems that escaped them by meditating for long periods. As long as you are functioning and healthy and living the life that you want to live there is no problem.